over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

T3/T4 in a growth phase

WalnutBlast

Newbies
Hi there, I am currently on 4 grain Armour thyroid (38mcg T3, 152mcg T4) and was wondering if I should keep it in during my growth phase?

Some days I feel a bit flat and lethargic, and was wondering if upping my carbs would counter this?

Growth phase cycle is 500/500 test/mast with 4 weeks adrol 50

Hi there, I am currently on 4 grain Armour thyroid (38mcg T3, 152mcg T4) and was wondering if I should keep it in during my growth phase?

Some days I feel a bit flat and lethargic, and was wondering if upping my carbs would counter this?

Growth phase cycle is 500/500 test/mast with 4 weeks adrol 50
Is the armour for your HRT? If not, either drop it altogether or use 12.5/50 tops. I promise that'll solve your feeling flat.

If it’s because you have hypothyroidism, don’t drop it. But that’s a big dose.
It’s definitely a lot. I’m on full replacement for hypothyroidism (genetic trait apparently) and I’m prescribed 25mcg T3 and 75mcg t4.

Take what the doctor prescribes and no more. Taking more than physiological levels of thyroid is just dumb.

It’s definitely a lot. I’m on full replacement for hypothyroidism (genetic trait apparently) and I’m prescribed 25mcg T3 and 75mcg t4.
Exactly what kind of doctor diagnosed you with this? Hypothyroidism is a common misdiagnosis by alternative medicine doctors.

Assuming your condition is real, there are no answers to these questions without blood values taken at the appropriate time after dosing. You should be able to work with your doctor to adjust this dose based on bloodwork.

If your doctor is adjusting your dose based on anything but bloodwork, that is a red flag.

Reactions: XXL
Exactly what kind of doctor diagnosed you with this? Hypothyroidism is a common misdiagnosis by alternative medicine doctors.
An endocrinologist.
Assuming your condition is real, there are no answers to these questions without blood values taken at the appropriate time after dosing. You should be able to work with your doctor to adjust this dose based on bloodwork.

If your doctor is adjusting your dose based on anything but bloodwork, that is a red flag.
I'm not sure if you misinterpreted me for the op or I'm missing some context of your statement. The post you quoted was me agreeing with @XXL that the op's dose of 37.5 T3 and 150 T4 is a hefty dose. For comparison, I listed my prescribed doses which are for full replacement therapy. And my doses were adjusted over a period of 2 years by my endo based on bloodwork if you're curious. So, I can only guess I'm missing something by you writing "assuming your condition is real", "without blood values" and "work with your doctor".

An endocrinologist.

I'm not sure if you misinterpreted me for the op or I'm missing some context of your statement. The post you quoted was me agreeing with @XXL that the op's dose of 37.5 T3 and 150 T4 is a hefty dose. For comparison, I listed my prescribed doses which are for full replacement therapy. And my doses were adjusted over a period of 2 years by my endo based on bloodwork if you're curious. So, I can only guess I'm missing something by you writing "assuming your condition is real", "without blood values" and "work with your doctor".
I'm just making sure you aren't being treated by an alternative medicine doctor for low thyroid that doesn't really exist, which obviously isn't the case here. It sounds like you are getting proper treatment for a real condition, glad to see you are seeing an endo.

Your dose is pretty normal for full replacement.

How are you dosing? All at once in the morning? Taking half your dose in the AM and another half in the early afternoon is a common strategy with armour thyroid (I have a lot of experience with armour thyroid), T3 has a relatively short half-life, and twice-daily dosing is often nice if it doesn't mess with your sleep.

Your posts are some of the best here. Are you in this line of work or are you self taught on this topic? Glad to have you here.

I'm just making sure you aren't being treated by an alternative medicine doctor for low thyroid that doesn't really exist, which obviously isn't the case here. It sounds like you are getting proper treatment for a real condition, glad to see you are seeing an endo.

How are you dosing? All at once in the morning? Taking half your dose in the AM and another half in the early afternoon is a common strategy with armour thyroid (I have a lot of experience with armour thyroid), T3 has a relatively short half-life, and twice-daily dosing is often nice if it doesn't mess with your sleep.

Understood now. That was the context I was missing. Without that, I thought you were implying that I was imagining the condition and/or the reason for my family doc referring me to my endo in the first place.

And "alternative medicine" docs are not my thing. No disrespect because I'm sure they want to help people but I'm just not going that route.

Yeah I take both all at once in the morning since it's essentially the only time I'll have an empty stomach all day lol. My endo did suggest I try half morning and half early afternoon. Unfortunately, I didn't notice much benefit using that method though.

I am on Armour 4 grain, but I’m not splitting my dose. I have the same issue, literally never not eating during the day haha. I feel like there’s malabsorption though. As I get cold a lot still, get bloated easily, etc.

Update: I’m dropping to 25/100, will assess in a week. If still flat, will drop to 15/75.

Update: I’m dropping to 25/100, will assess in a week. If still flat, will drop to 15/75.
Be careful, 4 grains isn't that much for full replacement, people often go higher, I wouldn't drop your dose until you verify your levels are actually high through bloodwork. Terms like "flat" are highly subjective and can be from many other things. I'd try increasing the amount of food you eat before you try lowering your dose. I'd also do all adjustments through your endo.

BTW, there are several kinds of synthetic T3/T4 blends out there nowadays, it's no longer necessary to use desiccated thyroid from pigs, I'd talk to your doctor about those options.

The idea that thyroid is causing your flatness seems highly unlikely for me unless you are accidentally on way too much, which would show up on bloodwork.

T3 has a short half-life and if your lethargy is related to thyroid, you'd noticed an improvement on 2x daily dosing (which you said you didn't).

Your posts are some of the best here. Are you in this line of work or are you self taught on this topic? Glad to have you here.
I saw a doctor for 25 years who specialized in thyroid, among other things, he taught me a lot about using thyroid, he even gave me a book to read on the subject that was very good, I forget the name. He's an alternative medicine doctor but also a full MD as well, unusual.

Be careful, 4 grains isn't that much for full replacement, people often go higher, I wouldn't drop your dose until you verify your levels are actually high through bloodwork. Terms like "flat" are highly subjective and can be from many other things. I'd try increasing the amount of food you eat before you try lowering your dose. I'd also do all adjustments through your endo.

BTW, there are several kinds of synthetic T3/T4 blends out there nowadays, it's no longer necessary to use desiccated thyroid from pigs, I'd talk to your doctor about those options.

The idea that thyroid is causing your flatness seems highly unlikely for me unless you are accidentally on way too much, which would show up on bloodwork.

T3 has a short half-life and if your lethargy is related to thyroid, you'd noticed an improvement on 2x daily dosing (which you said you didn't).
4 grains is 38mcg T3, 152mcg T4. That’s not a lot?... 4 grain is literally the highest dosage possible afaik

4 grains is 38mcg T3, 152mcg T4. That’s not a lot?... 4 grain is literally the highest dosage possible afaik
Your dosage suggests a lack of absorption or missed dosages, that is why bloodwork is so important.

Also, feeling cold isn't usually a sign of too much thyroid. Again, I would highly suggest using your doctor to adjust your dose, sounds like you have been working with I'm for years on this, keep it up!

Your dosage suggests a lack of absorption or missed dosages, that is why bloodwork is so important.

Also, feeling cold isn't usually a sign of too much thyroid. Again, I would highly suggest using your doctor to adjust your dose, sounds like you have been working with I'm for years on this, keep it up!
Yep, that’s what I’m thinking. Going to try lowering my fiber intake for an extended period. I’ve been pushing calories and it’s been reaching as high as 70g a day.

I also usually am a low fat person in my diet, but am thinking I will try to implement more fats. I’’ usually around 40g, gonna aim for 60.

Yep, that’s what I’m thinking. Going to try lowering my fiber intake for an extended period. I’ve been pushing calories and it’s been reaching as high as 70g a day.

I also usually am a low fat person in my diet, but am thinking I will try to implement more fats. I’’ usually around 40g, gonna aim for 60.
I like my fats around 30% of my total calories, if I take fat down to 20% of my total calories I see negative results, for me that is around 120-150g.

With protein, fat, and carbs, it's more about the % of your total calories than the gram amount, just make sure you track everything accurately.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws