over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ketogenic diet?

Well I half a half chub now from picturing a arguably burnt parm crisps and now my wife is wondering why I’m drooling staring at my phone, thanks 😂

You've got a chub and wife is there...

Hate to quote American Psycho, but, "don't just look at it..."

Joseph’s lavish bread has like 15 carbs for a sheet. Bake it, makes nice crunch

but it’s finicky. Minute 6 it’s soft, minute 7 it’s perfect, minute 8 it’s fucking black and on fire

Six weeks to get "fat adapted". At 12 months you were as adapted as you will get. Greenfield is pulling shit out his ass.

As for sleep, it's related to the reduction in carbs that help drive tryptophan across the BB barrier which drives melatonin production. For people who have sleep issues with low carb a suggestion is to have a large meal prior to bed. The larger the meal, the greater the insulin response which equals more tryp crossing the BB barrier.
a large meal before bed is a recipe for disaster, wake up all through the night choking on stomach contents? no thanks

just pop a good sleep aid, gaba, whatever

Yes, many people recommend cheat meals for dinner so you don't have a whole day of cheat meals. That sucks for me, it ruins my sleep and makes me wake up to eat more shit.

Joseph’s lavish bread has like 15 carbs for a sheet. Bake it, makes nice crunch

but it’s finicky. Minute 6 it’s soft, minute 7 it’s perfect, minute 8 it’s fucking black and on fire

I love these things, or Flatout breads. One or two a day. Joseph's are also 2 for 6 at Publix right now, just picked some up yesterday

a large meal before bed is a recipe for disaster, wake up all through the night choking on stomach contents? no thanks

just pop a good sleep aid, gaba, whatever
By large, I am not meaning engorged. I guess I'm lucky that I have zero reflux when doing keto.

I've been writing pre-contest diets for 20 years.
I've always stuck with, Set the protein intake, set the fat intake, set the carb intake, then decrease the carbs every 2 weeks till you reach your desired BF %.
Adjusting according the the individual Weight/BF %/years experience/gear usage. Usually 12-16 week diet. Funny thing is I'm my own worse client. I've been sticking to Keto for years. I love protein and fat, plus when your job is diets and training clients I just want to be lazy. You know, giant T- bone on a plate, pile of veggies. (butter on the steak, I can hear my cardiologist howling) LOL

It's weird the last two weeks I've eaten less than 50 grams of carbs a day (and that is only from greens so no direct carb source) and I literally don't notice any difference at all in how I feel. I usually allow myself to eat unlimited sodium and that sort of takes care of the fullness issue and provides great pumps

My problem is I really have to watch saturated fat. All the cheese and 80/20 beef you guys talk about just doesn't work for me. My LDL will be 200+ in two months. That's generally ok though, I just stick to other fits and it mitigates that issue.

CKD is the best diet for me too get stage-ready, hands down. With enough sodium and water I can maintain fullness and get a pump. I do run out of gas pretty hard though.

I found that besides low carbs affecting my sleep for the reasons @micro2000 posted, it also negatively impacts my asthma, despite many experiencing the opposite.

I'm not very metabolically flexible, and running keto year round wouldn't work for me, especially in my job. The mental fog and lethargy never really clear for me.
When you say CKD can you give us an example of how that looks, please?

Oven is probably best for, you know, quantity... Lol

I imagine pan frying can give its own character, for sure. Oven is just convenient

Partially burnt parm, fuckin hell
You can make crunchy tortilla shel by pan frying a pile of cheddar or other hard cheese till all the oil has separated and it’s browned and crunchy and the using a spatula to scoop it up and lay it over a beer bottle that’s laying on its side. When it cools it will maintain that shape and can be used as a taco shell

When you say CKD can you give us an example of how that looks, please?
Below 50g total carb (including veggies) Monday through Saturday. One carb refeed on Sunday of 3-600g.

Below 50g total carb (including veggies) Monday through Saturday. One carb refeed on Sunday of 3-600g.
I had a carb up today of a whopping 178 grams of carbs...LOL just enough to put a small amount of glycogen in as my training has been a little overboard lately

I had a carb up today of a whopping 178 grams of carbs...LOL just enough to put a small amount of glycogen in as my training has been a little overboard lately
You my friend have an inhumanly flexible metabolism ;)

With even 600g on Sunday, by Weds or Thursday I was drooling on my keyboard at work wondering where the hell I was.

This is exactly what i do Hawk. Feel so good on keto might just try to go the full week. Maybe carb every 2-3 weeks?

If you feel good and can perform well, let that dictate your carb-ups.
You might turn out like @b-boy and become fully adapted.

If you feel good and can perform well, let that dictate your carb-ups.
You might turn out like @b-boy and become fully adapted.

That is the key, knowing how many carbs you actually need. People read too much into refeeds and honestly if you do well without them, you don't need them or only need moderate ones that fit your lifestyle. You don't need to do some crap like Ultimate Diet, blah blah blah, even though they work great, but guys come away thinking they need to put down ridiculous amounts of carbs and feel like shit or they're not doing it right. Besides, depleting and refilling like that is more like a precontest strategy, not something your average person needs to worry about unless doing it for fun like I did

And as you get older, that shit sure as hell changes...

That is the key, knowing how many carbs you actually need. People read too much into refeeds and honestly if you do well without them, you don't need them or only need moderate ones that fit your lifestyle. You don't need to do some crap like Ultimate Diet, blah blah blah, even though they work great, but guys come away thinking they need to put down ridiculous amounts of carbs and feel like shit or they're not doing it right. Besides, depleting and refilling like that is more like a precontest strategy, not something your average person needs to worry about unless doing it for fun like I did

And as you get older, that shit sure as hell changes...
Things defo change with age.

My last prep I was 49, a week from 50 by the time I got to the Olympia Amateur stage. That Sunday carb up was a chore even at 300g.

Things defo change with age.

My last prep I was 49, a week from 50 by the time I got to the Olympia Amateur stage. That Sunday carb up was a chore even at 300g.

By the way, this thread had me thinking about carbs way too much. They were BOGO. It's not how much you spend, it's how much you save. Ask any woman

K I'll stop posting pics of cereal in a keto thread

20210517_090402.jpg

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner