YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is this a bad idea? Question regarding family doc and bloodwork...

jake76

Registered
So my doc doesn't know to what extent I'm on aas but does know I take testosterone and I'm up for regular bloodwork but my BP was slightly higher than normal this time and I noticed he has included a test for my test levels this time...I have never had this done through my family physician and I'm concerned that having really high test levels documented could negatively affect me in the future.... is this a legit concern? For example I've always seen myself looking to get on trt at some point in my life but wondering if this test result could somehow be a barrier for me in the future? And are there any other reasons not to do this? I mean I'm curious to see my numbers but not sure if this is a bad move...? Thanks

One thing I know that can be affected is the ability to get affordable life insurance. It may be a moot point though if you have high blood pressure and a high BMI.

I shared everything with my doctors, mostly because I had serious life threatening events. It hasnt affected me at all since I never tried to get life insurance. Health insurance is unaffected.

Why not get the blood work done yourself?

My doctor himself who is cool with what I do told me to do that himself and when he writes a script related to my use, such as when I recently asked for dutasteride, he gives me a hand written paper script and tells me to fill it at a small independent pharmacy.

Keep as much info as you can out of the hands of the insurance companies if you ask me.

Simple, tell him no thanks. You don’t have to take any bloodwork you don’t want to.
This. I would tell him you don't want your testosterone levels checked, I don't think you have to give a reason to decline a specific test.

I'm confused- did you have labs pulled already and noticed they were "testing" Test levels? Or your doctors office tells you ahead of time what they are going to test you for?

Not sure how your operation works but when I go in I know my Dr. will test all the basic stuff then I ask specifically for cystatin C, A1-C, BNP, fasting insulin, D, CRP, and the myriad of others I want that they normally wouldn't run on their own.

BP being "slightly higher" 1 time will not mean a thing. Depending on how high your T levels is you could claim you are naturally higher then most. Which you could use as a baseline in the future. Now if it is off the charts then it becomes obvious what is going on.

So my doc doesn't know to what extent I'm on aas but does know I take testosterone and I'm up for regular bloodwork but my BP was slightly higher than normal this time and I noticed he has included a test for my test levels this time...I have never had this done through my family physician and I'm concerned that having really high test levels documented could negatively affect me in the future.... is this a legit concern? For example I've always seen myself looking to get on trt at some point in my life but wondering if this test result could somehow be a barrier for me in the future? And are there any other reasons not to do this? I mean I'm curious to see my numbers but not sure if this is a bad move...? Thanks

How high do you anticipate your testosterone levels to be? What's your current cycle?

I'm confused- did you have labs pulled already and noticed they were "testing" Test levels? Or your doctors office tells you ahead of time what they are going to test you for?

Not sure how your operation works but when I go in I know my Dr. will test all the basic stuff then I ask specifically for cystatin C, A1-C, BNP, fasting insulin, D, CRP, and the myriad of others I want that they normally wouldn't run on their own.
I ask my doc to test a lot of markers too. Never got the BNP tested. What does that measure? How often do you get this particular test done?

As has been mentioned you can decline any labwork but make sure the doc rescinds the order before you go to the lab and confirm with the lab tech what is being tested.

Im curious, you are concerned about your test levels coming back high so I am assuming you do not get these labs pulled yourself. Are you concerned at all with the other labs being high as well?

Most primary care docs will go into crisis prevention mode if your crit is above 52. Same goes with RBC and the rest of the CBC. If you havent checked these yourself, you have no idea what they are. My advice is get these labs pulled on your own soon and delay the doctor ordered stuff. There is no reason for guesswork here.

I ask my doc to test a lot of markers too. Never got the BNP tested. What does that measure? How often do you get this particular test done?
Brain natriuretic peptide. Just to keep an extra eye on the heart. I just do this one 1x a year.

Brain natriuretic peptide. Just to keep an extra eye on the heart. I just do this one 1x a year.

Interesting. Very good to know. Thanks for the info.

I have had that requested on a bloodtest before and just crossed it out by hand before i went to the pathologist, no questions asked there only the dr who said "wow they missed that one"

My doctor only does blood work on the blood markers I specifically ask for. He knows about my use. Very cool doctor. Took me years to find one cool as he is.

What are you on, how much of each are you using and do you compete?

Others have said you can decline the test which you can but your doctor will want an explanation. He knows you're on Test and he wants to know how much. That's why he's having you do the blood test. Just so you know, he could refuse to treat you by not following his "protocol".

Another issue you may encounter is that if you are on a higher gear cycle, your lipids are probably going to be wrecked (as well as liver values, possibly hematocrit, etc...) so not only should you be concerned about your testosterone levels being high, but also keep in mind a few other markers will likely be off too.

Another issue you may encounter is that if you are on a higher gear cycle, your lipids are probably going to be wrecked (as well as liver values, possibly hematocrit, etc...) so not only should you be concerned about your testosterone levels being high, but also keep in mind a few other markers will likely be off too.
Yes. Try to not look at this as a nuisance, but rather as a chance to monitor your health.

Yes. Try to not look at this as a nuisance, but rather as a chance to monitor your health.
Agreed. The only thing is that, if his doctor is not cool with his use of AAS, then he might want to get all the testing done privately. It all depends on his relationship with his doctor and whether they can work together to monitor his health during those times he's cycling.

Agreed. The only thing is that, if his doctor is not cool with his use of AAS, then he might want to get all the testing done privately. It all depends on his relationship with his doctor and whether they can work together to monitor his health during those times he's cycling.
I ended up dumping a family doctor because he was a PITA over it. He actually asked me if I wanted an AIDS test when I told him I was using steroids. It was one of the first things he said.

I ended up dumping a family doctor because he was a PITA over it. He actually asked me if I wanted an AIDS test when I told him I was using steroids. It was one of the first things he said.

An AIDS test for using steroids? lol What an asshat!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear