over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

One Week DNP Mini Diet

Mr. Malice

Registered
Newbies
Currently in a mass gaining phase

getting a little too chunky for my preference, appetite down

what does everyone think of doing a mini diet following Lyle Macdonald’s PSMF diet with low dose DNP for one week to drop fat, restore insulin sensitivity, appetite and everything else during a mass gaining phase?

I see bodybuilders advocate doing mini cuts of an individual is getting sloppy, but never with DNP

thoughts?

I don't think a week with low doe DNP would do a whole lot , you could probably run a couple weeks with zero ill effects on a growth phase.
it takes about a week for me to really feel it kick in a couple weeks at 200mg with a PSMF diet should peel several pounds of body fat off easy

I've gotten decent results in a week with 200 mg/day and a regular 500 - 1000 calorie deficit. I'm a strong responder, though. I feel warm in an hour or two with doses as low as 100 mg. I'll easily drop 5 - 6 pounds of water and glycogen weight overnight with a single 200 mg dose when I'm already in a deficit.

If you try it on a PSMF, let us know how it turns out. I've never been able to stick with that for long because of lack of sleep.

I say go for it, but the numbers in your logbook might stall by week's end. And why geared folks can consume a greater surplus that natural lifters, keep your surplus in check ;-)

I see nothing wrong with giving it a try. I too have always been an easy responder to AAS and have used low doses with great results. You don't always have to use large doses to have an effect.

if you are currently chunky as you said and not yet dieting, most likely the first few days will be mostly wasted burning thru already high glycogen so then only a couple days of the week would be actual fat burning imo.

I would like a minimum of 2 weeks, every 8-10 weeks, 2 weeks of mini cut.

Increase your cardio, reduce some cals and run DNP

has other advantages not only to minimize fat gain
--> insulin sensitivity is a huge point during a bulk. And DNP together with very low cals is a really good recipe to improve your insulin sensitivity tremendously

has other advantages not only to minimize fat gain
--> insulin sensitivity is a huge point during a bulk. And DNP together with very low cals is a really good recipe to improve your insulin sensitivity tremendously

indeed. could possibly really stave off the risk of diabetes for those who may be prone to it who also use lots of GH

for those of us who aren't... could possibly elicit a minor rebound effect - like what is seen post contest - but to a lesser degree.

when i was bulking and still using HGH, i did something similar.
12 weeks bulking with hgh, 3 weeks cutting, the first weeks where with DNP, the last was to get rid of water and slowly add carbs again. No HGH during that 3 weeks

I think you could probably cut carbs for a week and accomplish a lot more in terms of insulin sensitivity

I think you could probably cut carbs for a week and accomplish a lot more in terms of insulin sensitivity
PSMF means protein only, no carbs. Zero carbs along with low calories along with low dose DNP will do more for insulin sensitivity than just cutting carbs. Either approach will work. This is just the extreme approach to accomplish as much as is safely possible in one week.

One approx 24h fast with dnp on that day will help a lot. I do on a bulk every time! I think I got it from Meadows, the 24h fasting but not the dnp hahaha

One approx 24h fast with dnp on that day will help a lot. I do on a bulk every time! I think I got it from Meadows, the 24h fasting but not the dnp hahaha

i remember John advocating this.. but wasn't it for bodybuilders who are having difficulty losing weight to get into a certain weight class?

i remember John advocating this.. but wasn't it for bodybuilders who are having difficulty losing weight to get into a certain weight class?
I believe it was to reset insulin sensitivity and give the gut a chance to rest during a bulk. I don’t really bulk anymore, but it does work, psychologically at least, appetite goes up and food tastes good again. Always did it on rest days.

John liked the 24h fast for insulin sensitivity, autophageal effects (although it's iffy how much you're really getting) and digging a little deeper into body fat

I know Dante likes a similar style of fasting, where you train a larger body part, then fast for the next 24hrs. Not sure on the hypothesis behind this, I'm supposing it's to ensure that glycogen stores are completely depleted, but that's just a guess, he didn't specify

PSMF means protein only, no carbs. Zero carbs along with low calories along with low dose DNP will do more for insulin sensitivity than just cutting carbs. Either approach will work. This is just the extreme approach to accomplish as much as is safely possible in one week.
how much does DNP actually work on no carbs?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131