over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

1980's Cartoons

Bugs Bunny ( Looney Tunes) Tom and Jerry. Herculoids, G-Force, Super friends, Woody Woodpecker, ( Not a cartoon ) but used to enjoy the Star Trek series

HR Puffinstuff, Lidsville, Sigmund the Seamonster, Land of the Lost. Not cartoons but still great.

These weren't cartoons, but as a kid, I used to watch Roy Rogers and Rin Tin Tin. If I recall correctly, they both used To air around the same time as all of the cartoons.

These weren't cartoons, but as a kid, I used to watch Roy Rogers and Rin Tin Tin. If I recall correctly, they both used To air around the same time as all of the cartoons.
Those were 50s shows. Were you watching them first run? I think the Howdy Doody show was on about then too.

born in the 60's and raised in the 70's so was already grown by the time most of these were out.

was partial to the hanna barbera cartoons.

Leave it to beaver

Just part of my after school viewing... along with he man

On Sundays in Southern California we had this guy that would draw Popeye and narrate Popeye episodes. Think it was on channel 5 ktla

inspector gadget
chip and dale
snorks
dennis the menace
the new adventures of johnny quest ( my favorite)

It was re-runs. I'm old, but not quite that old.
Ok. I saw a few of those shows on reruns myself. My childhood tv shows would be the 70s mostly, and very early 80s. I was born in 1970, not long after man landed on the moon.

I'm a huge animation/cartoon nerd

Pirates of dark water
Street sharks
Mighty max ( might be early 90's)
Battle cats
Biker mice from Mars
Ronin warriors

Some of my favorites

Can't believe nobody mentioned Star Blazers (Space Battleship Yamato) or Force Five.

And who remembers the Muhammad Ali and Godzilla Saturday morning cartoon shows?

Man I didn't even think of this!

Star Blazers and Force Five (Getta robo, UFO Grandaizer, Gaiking) also Battle of the Planets (gatchaman) and earlier Tranzor Z (Mazinger Z).

My ex, who I was married to is the daughter of Mizuki Ichiro, who sang the music for Mazinger and many many others. I even wrote the English version of the Mazinger theme and recorded it with him.

I also got to meet and speak several times with Sasaki Sao (Yamato) and Kageyama (Dragonball z). I met a LOT of people in the industry here - great fun for someone of our generation.

Ok. I saw a few of those shows on reruns myself. My childhood tv shows would be the 70s mostly, and very early 80s. I was born in 1970, not long after man landed on the moon.
I've got a couple years on you. Born in 68.

Mazinger Z, as sung by my ex-FIL

Gaiking and original Japanese opening of UFO Grendaizer

Man I didn't even think of this!

Star Blazers and Force Five (Getta robo, UFO Grandaizer, Gaiking) also Battle of the Planets (gatchaman) and earlier Tranzor Z (Mazinger Z).

My ex, who I was married to is the daughter of Mizuki Ichiro, who sang the music for Mazinger and many many others. I even wrote the English version of the Mazinger theme and recorded it with him.

I also got to meet and speak several times with Sasaki Sao (Yamato) and Kageyama (Dragonball z). I met a LOT of people in the industry here - great fun for someone of our generation.

It's great that you had that personal connection. When you say that you recorded the English version of the Mazinger theme with him, what was your role? Back-up vocals?

This goes back a little before the 80's to the late 70's, but I have very fond memories of the Shogun Warriors line of toys/comics. I remember having the 24" Great Mazinga with missiles that shot off his fist, and Godzilla, also with the shooting fist and flame breath.

We were huge Godzilla fans anyway, watching all the Japanese monster movies on the Creature Double Feature on Saturday afternoons, here on Boston's TV Channel 56.

It's great that you had that personal connection. When you say that you recorded the English version of the Mazinger theme with him, what was your role? Back-up vocals?

This goes back a little before the 80's to the late 70's, but I have very fond memories of the Shogun Warriors line of toys/comics. I remember having the 24" Great Mazinga with missiles that shot off his fist, and Godzilla, also with the shooting fist and flame breath.

We were huge Godzilla fans anyway, watching all the Japanese monster movies on the Creature Double Feature on Saturday afternoons, here on Boston's TV Channel 56.

I wrote the lyrics and spent the seven hours in the studio with him coaching him on this and one other song (Combattara-V).

I loved the "Shogun Warrior" toys as a kid, but we could not afford them. I did build a few Bandai plastic model kits. I envy you ;)

I watched Creature Double Feature religiously.
Godzilla, Gamera, The Gargantuas, Rodan, all the Toho and Toei stuff. I met one of the guys who was in the Godzilla suits when I spent the afternoon at the home of Toei's producer - the guy who eventually was let go for selling all the stuff to Saban (Power Rangers) for too cheap.

Silver Hawk, Scooby Doo, Thundercats, Brave Starr, Mask, Centurion, Tom and Jerry... to name a few. :love:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws