over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

An American Bodybuilder in Japan

I hear ya on not finding them attractive. To me there is too damn much stuff going on with the face with all the "gears" and all, and it seems like every time I would look down at it to see what time it is, it would take me like 20 seconds just to be able to decipher the time haha

I know you've mentioned them here and there throughout this thread but are the Yakuza still super prominent in Japan? You had mentioned that they're into drug-dealing, but do they have a fairly large presence in other "arenas" there in Japan? Just curious
If you mean the fighting scene, I believe they are heavily involved in all organizations, most notably RIZIN. Sumo too.
Yakuza are plentiful, but 99% keep to themselves. My gym is full of them because of certain "organizational alignments."

I have been friendly with many, but I'm always sure that never extends beyond the gym.
There is one very senior guy I see around town though and we always greet each other.
He also smiles and bows to my wife, which is a big deal as it's easier for a yakuza to converse with a gaijin than Japanese as they have no cultural tension with us.

Are apartments this cramped the norm in Japan?

Taichi Shimizu: Morning routine of Japan's strongest bodybuilder

Are apartments this cramped the norm in Japan?

Taichi Shimizu: Morning routine of Japan's strongest bodybuilder

This is what's called a 1DK, basically a tiny studio, it's quite normal and common, especially in bigger cities. This is maybe $1200 a month where I live.

This is what's called a 1DK, basically a tiny studio, it's quite normal and common, especially in bigger cities. This is maybe $1200 a month where I live.

And I only pay 600 more a month for a nice, spacious three bedroom house and good sized yard... Damn

What's square footage on those things? Japanese are obviously used to this type of housing, an American would lose their minds lol We're used to having so much space, at least many of us. Weird to make good money to come home to a hole in a wall. I also hear about these 'pods' that folks like traveling businessmen rent and they're literally just a place to sleep while they're on the go

If you mean the fighting scene, I believe they are heavily involved in all organizations, most notably RIZIN. Sumo too.
Yakuza are plentiful, but 99% keep to themselves. My gym is full of them because of certain "organizational alignments."

I have been friendly with many, but I'm always sure that never extends beyond the gym.
There is one very senior guy I see around town though and we always greet each other.
He also smiles and bows to my wife, which is a big deal as it's easier for a yakuza to converse with a gaijin than Japanese as they have no cultural tension with us.
I was friends years ago with a dude from there. Enson Inoe? Has a brother Egan as well. Enson i trained with a few times years ago. He used to fight in an org called "Pride' AND ' Shooto" i believe. Enson was very close to the Yakuza there as well. Good dude.

And I only pay 600 more a month for a nice, spacious three bedroom house and good sized yard... Damn

What's square footage on those things? Japanese are obviously used to this type of housing, an American would lose their minds lol We're used to having so much space, at least many of us. Weird to make good money to come home to a hole in a wall. I also hear about these 'pods' that folks like traveling businessmen rent and they're literally just a place to sleep while they're on the go

This 1DK place would probably be about 25sqm, or 8 "tsubo" - meaning 8 tatami mats, the old way of measurement of space still used often.

My place is pretty big at about 70sqm, which has two "bedrooms" for my wife and I (2nd bdrm is basically an office).
It's about 25,000 a month.

You are thinking of capsule hotels. Often used by drunk salarymen who can't get home.
Here is a "nice" one near where I live. https://do-c.jp/ebisu/

This 1DK place would probably be about 25sqm, or 8 "tsubo" - meaning 8 tatami mats, the old way of measurement of space still used often.

My place is pretty big at about 70sqm, which has two "bedrooms" for my wife and I (2nd bdrm is basically an office).
It's about 25,000 a month.

You are thinking of capsule hotels. Often used by drunk salarymen who can't get home.
Here is a "nice" one near where I live. https://do-c.jp/ebisu/
Sorry - what a typo - my place is about 2,500USD or 265,000 yen. I missed the edit window.
As I usually think of the dollar as 100 yen I move the decimal place about and make stupid mistakes when typing.

The counting system takes time to get used to as well.
For example, 100,000 yen isn't spoken or written out as one hundred thousand, but instead it's ten one-thousands.

Sorry - what a typo - my place is about 2,500USD or 265,000 yen. I missed the edit window.
As I usually think of the dollar as 100 yen I move the decimal place about and make stupid mistakes when typing.

The counting system takes time to get used to as well.
For example, 100,000 yen isn't spoken or written out as one hundred thousand, but instead it's ten one-thousands.
Gah...above should be ten-ten thousands (jyu man)....this is not my morning today :(

Lol I figured it was a typo - I lived in Manhattan for 20 years so I’m accustomed to small apts. my first apt was under 400sq ft.
Yeah Manhattan is pretty close if not the same. I chose an expensive part of Tokyo, but it's worth it.

Man, my home is 3200 Sq ft with another 800 finished in the basement and our mortgage is only $2500 a month with property taxes.

Don’t you live in some weird red state like Texas or Oklahoma or some shit though?
No. Im in Ohio. In an area that is not dirt cheap. We live in a nice neighborhood where the average home price is about $500,000 now.

No. Im in Ohio. In an area that is not dirt cheap. We live in a nice neighborhood where the average home price is about $500,000 now.
I remember when I tried to move back into my home town (Hingham, MA - @Sides prolly knows it) 20 years ago. An entry level 2 bed 1 bath was 500k. I felt so hopeless...

I remember when I tried to move back into my home town (Hingham, MA - @Sides prolly knows it) 20 years ago. An entry level 2 bed 1 bath was 500k. I felt so hopeless...
Around here you run into that if you shop for a home in certain neighborhoods of the big city. Transplant our home to one of those and the cost about doubles. We live in a suburb that's about 30 minutes from downtown.

We don't want to live in the city anyhow. We like having a half acre lot with lots of privacy. I like being able to blast my home theater at night and not worry about the neighbors. My in laws live in a neighborhood of Cleveland and the homes are stacked on top of each other.

I was on the other thread about cartoons and started digging up stuff my ex-father-in-law had sung (he's Japan's top Anime singer) and found this video of when I was on TV here 14 years ago shortly after moving to Japan.

You can see a very much downsized me, my daughter, and my ex from about 5:45

I was on the other thread about cartoons and started digging up stuff my ex-father-in-law had sung (he's Japan's top Anime singer) and found this video of when I was on TV here 14 years ago shortly after moving to Japan.

You can see a very much downsized me, my daughter, and my ex from about 5:45

Awww, honestly that's so sweet. Your daughter is adorable...although as this was 14 years ago, I'm sure she has passed the "adorable toddler" phase and is deeply into the "moody teenager" phase by now LOL.

But I'm sure in your heart, she will always remain that adorable little girl.

Awww, honestly that's so sweet. Your daughter is adorable...although as this was 14 years ago, I'm sure she has passed the "adorable toddler" phase and is deeply into the "moody teenager" phase by now LOL.

But I'm sure in your heart, she will always remain that adorable little girl.
Thanks a lot.
She turned 15 last week and is still a daddy's girl. She has the same birthday as her mother and my father

She allways wants a hug and full of "I love you daddy". I think her mom gets the moody teenager part. LOL.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws