over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein powder for stomach issues

I took @heavyhitter suggestion and tried True Nutrition. I have used isopure exclusively for 10 plus years. So it’s weird to try something new. I tried this one first.

https://truenutrition.com/p-1141-hydrolyzed-whey-protein-ultra-grade-1lb.aspx

It kept clumping up no matter how I mixed and still clumped up after I got advice from true nutrition. So I sent what I could back and kept two pounds of vanilla. I thought the protein would be easier to digest on days of heavy eating but the clumps changed my plans.

So I got this one next.

https://truenutrition.com/p-9908-whey-protein-isolate-ultra-cfm-1lb.aspx

I plan on using it till I find a reason not to. The chai tea flavor is good and I got vanilla as well. The only disadvantage I see compared to Isopure is they don’t add as much BCAA to the mix as Isopure. I can live with that to try something new.

Got these too even though I never have used NAC lol, and a couple other things...

Attachments

• 20C105A6-D905-4CCF-9E18-C5692D6A5FEB.jpeg
    20C105A6-D905-4CCF-9E18-C5692D6A5FEB.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 10
After a decent amount of time on a certain mix of protein powders, my stomach will eventually just feel shitty.
The slower the digestion, the quicker this shit happens (at least with powders).

Team Skip is probably my favorite mix, but after a month or so on that, i just feel terrible.
I have been primarily using some WHey Iso now as my main shakes during the day. Depending on what company i use there, my stomach troubles will be ok. For instance, I've used Iso 100 by Dymatize for loooong periods of time but their vanilla flavor has some weird additive that hits me hard.

I juuust recently made a switch to a TN mix of 50% whey iso cold filtration + 50% pea isolate and I feel good on this.
Im a big Jordan Peters fan and i know he takes full breaks from whey and goes vegan ones (pea + hemp) just to give his digestion a break. Trying this and i feel really good.

There’s been a lot of threads and posts lately about gastric issues and I too suffer from them. Most protein powders seriously upset my stomach. Some are completely intolerable. For the last 12 years or so I’ve settled on truenitritions cold filtrated and it’s worked well for me. Still a little stomach cramping and gas, but much less than any others I have tried. Well as I’ve gotten older it seems that even this has started to bother me. Recently Dante posted about his new whey isolate ultra cfm and I thought what the hell and ordered 5 pounds of it. I’ve gone through about 4 pounds of it so far and man I couldn’t be happier. I get the tiniest bit of cramping for about ten minutes after drinking it. I’ve seen a lot of posts lately about combating this by slowing down the digestion rate of the isolate by adding some Greek yogurt to it so I’ve been using 2 scoops whey, 1/4 cup Greek yogurt and water and this completely gets rid of the stomach discomfort for me and I actually find that within an hour of drinking the shake I’m usually quite hungry.
I’m sure this is gonna come off sounding like a shill but I’ve got no dog in this fight. I’ve probably spent 20k dollars with TN over the last 17 years and I know a good product when I find one. Hopefully someone else will find this as useful as I did
My stomach is very sensitive to protein powders. Discomfort and gas is atrocious. I too buy the CFM from TN, but still need to cut it with PeptoPro. PeptoPro is the only option that truly causes zero issues but I don't have the funds to run it all by itself.

I took @heavyhitter suggestion and tried True Nutrition. I have used isopure exclusively for 10 plus years. So it’s weird to try something new. I tried this one first.

https://truenutrition.com/p-1141-hydrolyzed-whey-protein-ultra-grade-1lb.aspx

It kept clumping up no matter how I mixed and still clumped up after I got advice from true nutrition. So I sent what I could back and kept two pounds of vanilla. I thought the protein would be easier to digest on days of heavy eating but the clumps changed my plans.

So I got this one next.

https://truenutrition.com/p-9908-whey-protein-isolate-ultra-cfm-1lb.aspx

I plan on using it till I find a reason not to. The chai tea flavor is good and I got vanilla as well. The only disadvantage I see compared to Isopure is they don’t add as much BCAA to the mix as Isopure. I can live with that to try something new.

Got these too even though I never have used NAC lol, and a couple other things...
Isopure was one of the primary companies accused of Nitrogen Spiking their powder.

Pasteurized egg whites are the way to go. Just drink them. That’s all I do most days. I hate eating food. Eating all the time for years is obnoxious. Protein shakes f my stomach up
I am glad that you've found an option that suites you. If memory serves me correctly, the last I tried pasteurized eggs I had gas. It's probably worth another try to give the egg whites a go and see what results come of it.

I've had Ulcerative Colitis for 27yrs and have tried a lot of proteins my top 3 that don't bother my stomach or bloat me are.
1 - SythePure
2 - True Nutrition
3 - Ascent

Isopure was one of the primary companies accused of Nitrogen Spiking their powder.
I did not know this. Found reports and law suits that they did. Didn’t find anything recent but didn’t search to long. They definitely did during times I was taken it from what I found. That’s crazy. Never knew. Thanks!

I'd never heard of Ascent. I will check it out.
I had never used it until one of my customers gave me a 2lb bag to try, he works for a nutrition company that sells it, there is articles online about Ascent and USA weightlifting.

I am about to try a hemp protien i can put in my juice blend post work out.

I am glad that you've found an option that suites you. If memory serves me correctly, the last I tried pasteurized eggs I had gas. It's probably worth another try to give the egg whites a go and see what results come of it.
I only do 8 ounces at a time and sometimes a tablespoon of ev olive oil

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner