over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Standing Barbell “Muscle clean and press”

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Anybody do this as a staple?

It’s a CrossFit “term”...it’s a clean and press, but not explosive, you just man hulk the weight up and press.

I did 4-5 sets of these two days ago, and my lower traps and mid traps are fucking toasted. Like deep near the spine. I honestly think I might keep these in as a finisher on back/shoulder days.

I do like training for hypertrophy, but it gets stale to me. I love my barbell and I usually will randomly do power cleans, snatches or presses to scratch the itch.

I did a lot of them during Covid lockdown in Washington because the gyms were closed for months,they’re an awesome workout for sure always did them on back and shoulder days.

I did them in my early years. But the injury potential as i got older and stronger kept me from doing them. I really don't see to many old Olympic lifters.

Love Cleans. Unfortunately, can't do them anymore but they're a great and fast way to thicken up the back IMO. If i could only do three movements for my upper back it'd be a Clean variation, Pullups, and a Row Variation. I could probably take or leave the Press but if you're not doing a ton of sets of presses in your other sessions i guess i'd leave them in. It's just that it's a little easier to overload the shoulders in a seated position where the back is supported. Then again, any standing press will require your upper back to stabilize the bar overhead which is never a bad thing.

I did them in my early years. But the injury potential as i got older and stronger kept me from doing them. I really don't see to many old Olympic lifters.

yea buck I agree. I was trying to totally limit any ballistic movement of the clean part, almost like a reverse curl, but a “clean” bar path.

and I would do like 2 cleans, 1 clean and press, 2 cleans 1 clean and press, to limit the OH barbell press.

I’ll try it with dumbbells next time

PC, Hangs and all that are VERY different than clean and press.
Im seeing people comment on them as a whole and they are very different in terms of what you're training.

Cleans, snatches all of that are suuuch a technique thing that unless you are coached by someone very knowledgable, i think its pretty worthless for most guys. Yeah, you can use them as a burnout gasser type thing, but the chance for injury are pretty high.

And i like clean & press but my pressing strength is just so much higher than the cleaning part. It would end up being a strongman lift which is not at all what I'm looking to do.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws