over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dusty Hanshaw: Thoughts and Prayers

"white blood cell (eosinophil) builds up in the lining"

When I had my GERD, blockage, food removal, esophagus stretch done, I also had very high eosinophils in my blood-work. (like 10-fold of normal).
Since controlling the acid issue, my numbers have been back in range.
Can't remember, are you taking Famotadine like me or are you able to tolerate a Proton Pump Inhibitor? I had to stop taking a PPI, but wish I could still take it because it was more effective controlling my problem.

I hope someone is documenting his recovery in videos/pictures for Dusty. The day by day grind. It would make an awesome video/article later and something we could ALL learn from. Coming off the vent. First day of PT/OT (first steps). First day eating real food again (puree). The day he WALKS out of that fucking hospital. His first day back at the gym etc. In Dustys own words his diagnosis/symptoms. What preceded the event. What he remembers about being in a medically induced coma?
The weight/muscle loss is going to be humbling in the short term. Fuck the ego Dusty. You can kick its ass later! Muscle memory is an amazing thing.

Can't remember, are you taking Famotadine like me or are you able to tolerate a Proton Pump Inhibitor? I had to stop taking a PPI, but wish I could still take it because it was more effective controlling my problem.
I don't take anything for acid. Mainly changed my diet to a cleaner one, stopped alcohol completely, etc.

This appears to be as classic a case of Boerhaave syndrome (effort rupture of the esophagus) that I've ever heard described. I've never actually seen it in clinical practice as it is very rare but I do remember it from pathology lab, like an esophageal rupture all the way to the stomach. That person didn't survive obviously. I also clearly remember the exact station set up during practicals. Mortality is around 25% but much lower if treated within first 24h which it sounds like he was. Mean hospitalization is around 35-40 days so he could be in for a while plus he has complications. His infection is almost assuredly nosocomial thus drug resistant (MRSA, VRSA) and this along with the risks of simply being hospitalized (the reason why he has the infection) will be his biggest obstacles moving forward.

As I was reading this and saw that he was on Pavulon or similar x 2 wks unable to wean off the vent my thoughts were that if he doesn't get off the vent soon then he will likely not make it out of the hospital. I see now that he is off so his prognosis has improved significantly. I've seen a lot of people get stuck on the vent and die.

I don't really understand all the talk of GERD. If anyone here can present some data to support the role of GERD in effort rupture of the esophagus I'd love to see it. I already know you're just making shit up, but if you have anything besides pulling ideas out of thin air that would be interesting. Dusty eats huge pieces of raw meat and barely chews as evidenced by his videos. Leave it to the bros to make it about something it has nothing to do with.

Rex.

This appears to be as classic a case of Boerhaave syndrome (effort rupture of the esophagus) that I've ever heard described. I've never actually seen it in clinical practice as it is very rare but I do remember it from pathology lab, like an esophageal rupture all the way to the stomach. That person didn't survive obviously. I also clearly remember the exact station set up during practicals. Mortality is around 25% but much lower if treated within first 24h which it sounds like he was. Mean hospitalization is around 35-40 days so he could be in for a while plus he has complications. His infection is almost assuredly nosocomial thus drug resistant (MRSA, VRSA) and this along with the risks of simply being hospitalized (the reason why he has the infection) will be his biggest obstacles moving forward.

As I was reading this and saw that he was on Pavulon or similar x 2 wks unable to wean off the vent my thoughts were that if he doesn't get off the vent soon then he will likely not make it out of the hospital. I see now that he is off so his prognosis has improved significantly. I've seen a lot of people get stuck on the vent and die.

I don't really understand all the talk of GERD. If anyone here can present some data to support the role of GERD in effort rupture of the esophagus I'd love to see it. I already know you're just making shit up, but if you have anything besides pulling ideas out of thin air that would be interesting. Dusty eats huge pieces of raw meat and barely chews as evidenced by his videos. Leave it to the bros to make it about something it has nothing to do with.

Rex.

LOL.. Kvnt :rolleyes:

Rex.
Jesus! You don’t quit do you? Never actually seen it in clinical practice? Well you’re not a DR. What do you do besides repeat stuff you’ve read, copied, or heard and subconsciously jerk off your ego as you recite it? Leave it to the charlatans to try abd sound like experts. You’re not even a bro, you’re a guy who never looked above average and now swindle people, have petty YouTube drama and play expert. You’re a drug addict who found a niche.

Victor Black stopped by to say hi.

Rex.

Rex.

And leave it up to you with that grandiose ego you have to come in and think your word is stamped in stone and a fact because you state it. Last time you did that you came in and called me an idiot about the Luke Sandoe situation. Well when the truth panned out who quickly looked like the idiot in that case (you did). I am not making anything up and I have no reason to. He is at the Mayo clinic, they diagnosed him with Eosinophilic Esophagitis, so take it up with them....... You also might want to study Aspergers relentlessly because every freaking post you leave on this board is a caustic, argumentative, sarcastic post where you cannot even discuss things as an adult where someone of your knowledge of certain things should warrant it. Its pathetic to be honest.

Mayo Clinic: A valve-like structure called the lower esophageal sphincter usually keeps the acidic contents of the stomach out of the esophagus. If this valve opens when it shouldn't or doesn't close properly, the contents of the stomach may back up into the esophagus (gastroesophageal reflux). Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a condition in which this backflow of acid is a frequent or ongoing problem. A complication of GERD is chronic inflammation and tissue damage in the esophagus.

Eosinophilic esophagitis: Eosinophils (e-o-SIN-o-fils) are white blood cells that play a key role in allergic reactions. Eosinophilic esophagitis occurs with a high concentration of these white blood cells in the esophagus, most likely in response to an allergy-causing agent (allergen) or acid reflux or both.

In many cases, this type of esophagitis may be triggered by foods such as milk, eggs, wheat, soy, peanuts, beans, rye and beef. However, conventional allergy testing does not reliably identify these culprit foods.

Note to everyone: People are asking me questions and I am giving my opinion. My opinion is based on what I have heard from his ex-wife and what I have heard from the doctors treating him. Right after this happened I asked questions of his ex-wife because this all came from left field. I found out he has had chronic heart burn and other digestive symptoms for many many years. He uses Onion powder on everything as you guys have seen in his videos. I had no idea of this previously. So my opinion is simply "some major damage/erosion/acid reflux has been happening for quite a long time (years).....and the straw that broke the camels back happened"....It is what it is and I care more about Dusty getting better and moreso his disposition when the realization that he has been gone for 3 plus weeks and how his life has changed pretty dramatically than this kind of BS

What's scary is that you can be like me and not even have significant symptoms of GERD and still have it. I was also diagnosed with Eosinophilic esophagitis. That diagnosis is done through an upper GI scope. So Dusty has that too. I didnt even know I had acid reflux because I suffered no heart burn. I didn't know anything was wrong until food kept getting stuck. So be careful guys!

This whole scenario concerning Dusty Hanshaw has really driven home the fact of a few things in my mind in the bodybuilding world. Ninety eight percent of you are good solid people who came in and gave your well wishes to a guy "Dusty" who got a really bad hand dealt to him in this situation. The guy has given solid content and instruction over the years and people can tell he is a genuine person (which he is). But there is no doubt at all that there is a small percentage of people in bodybuilding that are horribly damaged, 'messed in the head" people. In the last 3 weeks Ive gotten ripped on social media, I've gotten shredded in PM's, and accused of being a flat out liar in this situation concerning Dusty. A lot of you guys saw that member of this board last weekend come in here and leave about 6 posts ripping Dusty and I as being fu*&ing liars and basically he could not hack that this was not about bodybuilding drugs. The mods deleted it but the same guy went off on me in Instagram PM's....that this "had to be from bodybuilding drugs and I am a F*&king liar"....a member of this board....I showed my wife and some close friends some of these various texts and it causes you to shake your head at how truly messed up a small percentage of people in this sport are. I appreciate the people in this endeavor who have their head on straight as a lot of you on this thread have shown.

This whole scenario concerning Dusty Hanshaw has really driven home the fact of a few things in my mind in the bodybuilding world. Ninety eight percent of you are good solid people who came in and gave your well wishes to a guy "Dusty" who got a really bad hand dealt to him in this situation. The guy has given solid content and instruction over the years and people can tell he is a genuine person (which he is). But there is no doubt at all that there is a small percentage of people in bodybuilding that are horribly damaged, 'messed in the head" people. In the last 3 weeks Ive gotten ripped on social media, I've gotten shredded in PM's, and accused of being a flat out liar in this situation concerning Dusty. A lot of you guys saw that member of this board last weekend come in here and leave about 6 posts ripping Dusty and I as being fu*&ing liars and basically he could not hack that this was not about bodybuilding drugs. The mods deleted it but the same guy went off on me in Instagram PM's....that this "had to be from bodybuilding drugs and I am a F*&king liar"....a member of this board....I showed my wife and some close friends some of these various texts and it causes you to shake your head at how truly messed up a small percentage of people in this sport are. I appreciate the people in this endeavor who have their head on straight as a lot of you on this thread have shown.
I missed those posts and am glad I did. It is a shame. IMO you're just here as the messenger. We are lucky to have you in this thread because you are able to give us the inside scoop on Dusty's condition. Lots of the members here like Dusty and are worried about him.

Dusty is off the vent now and totally conscious, talking and carrying on conversations?

i saw several places on instagram where ppl where calling it a hoax and it was all due to ped's, liver damage bla bla bla bla so freakin disgusting.

Sadly there are many people in life who almost revel in misery, they love to see others having problems or suffering. Always think the worst of others. They never like to
See people getting on or doing well for themselves. It’s an ugly trait.

Sadly there are many people in life who almost revel in misery, they love to see others having problems or suffering. Always think the worst of others. They never like to
See people getting on or doing well for themselves. It’s an ugly trait.
I guess somehow it makes them feel better about their own life.

i saw several places on instagram where ppl where calling it a hoax and it was all due to ped's, liver damage bla bla bla bla so freakin disgusting.
Most folks even with a 1/4 of a brain (Rex excluded) dont pay attention to the twats like that. If you do, you might not want to, its like MSM mindless nonsense.
(Like a Joe Biden speech).

Most folks even with a 1/4 of a brain (Rex excluded) dont pay attention to the twats like that. If you do, you might not want to, its like MSM mindless nonsense.
(Like a Joe Biden speech).
Just because i see it doesnt mean it holds any value in my mind, just like a Donald Trump opinion.

Honestly, fuck those people. I don’t understand how someone could wish harm on another human being. Especially one that opens his life for all to see. I have been watching dusty for a long time and he seems like a truely honest and genuine guy. I have been following Dante since the DC days.
In my mind Dante has done more to help the bodybuilding community than anyone. From providing legit supps, awesome training and helping out with guys improving their health conditions . I know it probably does not matter too much, just one guy’s opinion, but thank you Dante for all that you do man!!!!! I hope dusty makes a speedy recovery and is eating off his anabolic square plates sooner than later.

It's just so laughable that people would accuse him having liver issues and faking being on a vent due to an esophageal rupture......when they aren't even at the hospital themselves. it's so laughable it's not even worth getting into it all. There are 100% complete losers out there who are miserable and completely off the chain mentally and hate other people and I don't even think they know why. This isn't anything new though, this sub-group has been around since these forums started, unfortunately.

Sssshhh, quiet guys, Rex has all the info anyone will need.

Rex->
laughat.gif
<-Everyone

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88