over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Heart Failure - Road to Recovery

I took Curcumin most of my time, on or not.
Since the heart issues ive increased the dosages to 600mg bcm95 and 1200mg meriva twice daily (so 1200mg bcm95 + 2400mg meriva)

I use a bunch of formulas just like you. It has to do with being OCD

I just reread this thread and wanted to give an additional note to this part of your post.
You also have cardiomyopathy if i read correctly. (or had). this can make the measurement of EF quite difficult.
On monday when i had an ECHO, the machine showed "EF (TEICH) = 38%".
For hearts without structural issues (cardiomyopathy), the calculated EF (TEICH) is quite accurate. For us guys with structural issues, measurement has to be done "more manually" by experienced cardiologists.
The "EF (TEICH) = 38%" was measured to be around 28% by him.
i assume something similar could have been the case with you.
First time they took the calculated value because they didnt analyse everything correctly.
Well, in my case the cardiomyopathy was gone years prior to my heart attack. I had multiple echos done that showed the ef to be between 55 and 60%.

Then I had the heart attack. The doctors think it came back artificially high when I came out of icu because of the drugs they had me on. Perhaps the dopamine had it higher.

When I had cardiomyopathy, it was idiopathic (causes unknown). So I didn't have any structural abnormalities like spongy tissue. Mine was most probably due to steroids or possibly a virus, but I hadn't been sick. It cleared up once I was drug free for 1 year.

Well, in my case the cardiomyopathy was gone years prior to my heart attack. I had multiple echos done that showed the ef to be between 55 and 60%.

Then I had the heart attack. The doctors think it came back artificially high when I came out of icu because of the drugs they had me on. Perhaps the dopamine had it higher.

When I had cardiomyopathy, it was idiopathic (causes unknown). So I didn't have any structural abnormalities like spongy tissue. Mine was most probably due to steroids or possibly a virus, but I hadn't been sick. It cleared up once I was drug free for 1 year.

Wow so its possible to have a false high ef!?

what about a false low ef ?

It always depends on the skills of your cardiologist what he measures out.
So, of course, low and high readings are possible.

I'd say a false low wouldn't really be as possible. In my case I think mine was measured high because of the drugs they had me on in the hospital, or it's possible that my heart was going downhill fast over an extended period of time after the heart attack.

i guess low would be possible incase of structural abnormalities which requires more complex/manual calculation.
But who knows :D

so small update:
end results from the appointment in the clinic are still not there.
Until sunday everything was fine, but since sunday to monday night i seem to have issues with water retention again, especially at night with water jn the lungs.
No clue why all of the sudden because nothing changed. I also have nightsweats since some days.
I have to add that it seemed after the appointment and the double catheter i got a slight infection in the mouth (had some aphthes and a sore thorat) since 5-6 days. The aphthes are painful. Since then my heart rate is also up by some points (around 75 resting now, usually it was between 64 and 66)
Also, the weather is crazy here in germany. We had over 30°C on sunday, then it dropped to 18°C in around 12 hours..
not sure if something of this things can be related to the breathing issues at night.

Can't remember, are you on any diuretic?

What makes you say you have water in the lungs?

Is your blood pressure in a healthy range? I've found if mine is either too high or too low I can feel it. Anything over 125 mm hg is high for me.

Can't remember, are you on any diuretic?

What makes you say you have water in the lungs?

Is your blood pressure in a healthy range? I've found if mine is either too high or too low I can feel it. Anything over 125 mm hg is high for me.

I hear it when i have water in my lungs.
sunday to monday night and yesterday to tonight i had this issue at night - heavy breathing and the typical sound of water.
Yes, i am on a low dose of torasemid (15mg). My "upfront" letter from the clinic says to increase it due to the pressure in my system but up until now i did not have an appointment at my cardiologists and i am unsure if i can up the dosage on my own.
BP is always around 105/63-68.

I hear it when i have water in my lungs.
sunday to monday night and yesterday to tonight i had this issue at night - heavy breathing and the typical sound of water.
Yes, i am on a low dose of torasemid (15mg). My "upfront" letter from the clinic says to increase it due to the pressure in my system but up until now i did not have an appointment at my cardiologists and i am unsure if i can up the dosage on my own.
BP is always around 105/63-68.
Your BP is at the lower limit that I can handle. If mine gets lower than that I will be dizzy and light headed all day long. Glad you can tolerate it.

I'm very fortunate that I don't have any fluid buildup in my pulmonary system. That would scare the shit out of me. If I were you I'd be getting medical attention now. Can't you contact your cardiologist and get an appointment ASAP? I can call mine and sometimes be seen the same day of something serious like that is wrong. I would not wait around until the next appointment. You have symptoms of congestive heart failure. Have you coughed up any fluid? I remember reading Matt Matarrazzo writing about how he coughed up fluid. Too much of that fluid and you won't be able to breathe.

If they won't make an appointment within a few days for you, I'd have someone drive you to the emergency room the next time you have the fluid buildup. Be seen then.

i just was at my family doc one hour ago.
He told me two possible reasons:
1.) low BP: if my BP is already 96/71 (measured at his office) during the day and with coffee intus, it might drop to dangerous levels during the night.
2.) Betablocker and entresto:
since saturday, ive started to try and increase the dosage and added 2,5mg nebivolol and 26/24 entresto in the evening.
The nebivolol esp can lead to water retention and tighter bronchias which can lead to breathing issues.

--> today and tomorrow no evening medication and see if it gets better.

hey maldorf,
yesterday evening i didnt take it and also not my increased beta blocker dose.
no sweating, breathing was already better.
Ive made my mind to go back to my candesartan since i assume many of my side effects stem from the entresto and ive felt fine on candesartan.
Will talk with the cardiologist as soon as my appointment is there

I would probably do the same. With an Arb + diuretic + betablocker you have pretty much every drug there is to support heart failure.

I would probably do the same. With an Arb + diuretic + betablocker you have pretty much every drug there is to support heart failure.
yeah. 2 different diuretics, Candesartan and nebivolol should be enough.
I am glad i didnt take entresto yesterday evening and today. I imagine that i already feel a bit more energetic..

yeah. 2 different diuretics, Candesartan and nebivolol should be enough.
I am glad i didnt take entresto yesterday evening and today. I imagine that i already feel a bit more energetic..
During the study that Novartis ran on Entresto there were a good number of people that had to stop taking it.

Once you start up the other drugs and run those for awhile you will know for sure if it was indeed the Entresto that caused the problem for you. I took Entresto for about 6 weeks and didn't feel a thing, good or bad. It was as if I were taking sugar pill (placebo). So everybody is different.

For me, we tried increasing my bisoprolol dose from 10 mg to 15 mg and within 4 days I had terrible middle ear Myoclonus. It's not a well documented side and very rare. I also had a previously undocumented side with Protonix. It caused horrific muscle cramps in my leg adductor muscles.

I'm stoked to hear that you feel better already!

yeah, i still feel a bit sluggish due to the low BP (96/68 today) but all in all i feel better without the entresto.
Or it is in my mind.
I try to stay at my upped dosage of 3,75mg nebivolol and if this does not bring me problems, i try to increase next weekend.

I had to decrease my Ace inhibitor dose really low to get my BP up. I only take 5mg/day lisinopril. After you exercise, your BP will drop for some time too.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws