Rapid fat loss

b-boy

IFBB Pro / Quadruple Featured Member/ Verified Cus
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
The more protein to energy ratio given toward protein will result in the most rapid fatloss. This is why the Protein Sparing Modified Fast - PSMF diet is the most extreme weighloss diet. You do not have to be that extreme but just know that the higher the protein to energy ratio the more rapid the fat loss. Now a days I do not do a PSMF as I just don't enjoy the diet, but I always keep my protein higher than my carb + fat total, thus losing fat is just too easy now a days and how I stay pretty lean most of the year. I let myself pig out and enjoy myself for a few weeks then dial down the energy ratio and fat melts right off.

Thoughts?

PSMF is the ultimate to truly shred

Easiest way of doing it for me was just having plenty of cooked, lean protein available and eating only when I couldn't take it anymore

Mind you, this was the last stage of transitioning from a 320lb fatass to my lowest body weight of 147lbs

The more protein to energy ratio given toward protein will result in the most rapid fatloss. This is why the Protein Sparing Modified Fast - PSMF diet is the most extreme weighloss diet. You do not have to be that extreme but just know that the higher the protein to energy ratio the more rapid the fat loss. Now a days I do not do a PSMF as I just don't enjoy the diet, but I always keep my protein higher than my carb + fat total, thus losing fat is just too easy now a days and how I stay pretty lean most of the year. I let myself pig out and enjoy myself for a few weeks then dial down the energy ratio and fat melts right off.

Thoughts?
Dude totally agree and personally for me I feel like it’s pretty sustainable long term. I have done in the past for a few years at a time. I always do six days on one full cheat day no off-limits obviously this is a slower approach if I were to take less refeeds or cheat days, But for me mentally it helps and it helps me look forward to that one day every week.And for me none of my lifts suffer.
I am just now hopping back on PSMF and this is the approach that I have always taken.

Thoughts?
what the calories per day yr eating?

I also think the best iteration is The Rapid Fat Loss Diet by Lyle McDonald's rude ass

what the calories per day yr eating?
Depends on my activity, I just try to ensure I'm in a deficit. So 2500 - 2800 calories as I'm not very active right now and not doing cardio

PSMF is the ultimate to truly shred

Easiest way of doing it for me was just having plenty of cooked, lean protein available and eating only when I couldn't take it anymore

Mind you, this was the last stage of transitioning from a 320lb fatass to my lowest body weight of 147lbs
PSMF is just too extreme for me, I don't need to ever do it anymore as I don't let myself get soft. I diet hard but not to that extreme where the P:E dial is all the way to protein, I just ensure total energy is lower than protein, if I want to lose a little faster I slightly move that dial closer to protein.

Credit to Ted Naiman.

PSMF is just too extreme for me, I don't need to ever do it anymore as I don't let myself get soft. I diet hard but not to that extreme where the P:E dial is all the way to protein, I just ensure total energy is lower than protein, if I want to lose a little faster I slightly move that dial closer to protein.

Credit to Ted Naiman.

Oh I agree, it's really not the best for bodybuilders, they should adjust their protein intake quite a bit. For me it ended up however much I could consume, at times, and it still worked a treat

b-boy- when you did toy with PSMF where were your calories at for your bodyweight at the time? Did you have a weekly re-feed?

b-boy- when you did toy with PSMF where were your calories at for your bodyweight at the time? Did you have a weekly re-feed?
11 days on diet then 2-3 day refeed
Screenshot_20210712-162606_Chrome.jpg

B-boy or us muscle what would an average day look like on this?
example 2-3 meals of chicken breast and green beans/broccoli?
lean beef and vegetables, etc?

whats the fasting part?
Thanks for any input

11 days on diet then 2-3 day refeed

On the re-feeds was it fairly structured where you'd stick with mostly high carbs/low fat choices? Or did you add some "free meals" as well?

High carb/ low fat

For me a PSMF diet is like a parachute, it's there in case of emergency (like behind on a contest prep).

Credit to Ted Naiman.

So what you’re saying is if you eat 300g protein, your carbs and fats together are less than or equal to 300g??

@b-boy pre-contest or just generally when you have everything dialed in very well, what seems to be true, needing less or needing more protein with gear to a. maximize growth, and/or b. maximize fat loss? It probably seems like a stupid question but there is actually debate about this.

@b-boy pre-contest or just generally when you have everything dialed in very well, what seems to be true, needing less or needing more protein with gear to a. maximize growth, and/or b. maximize fat loss? It probably seems like a stupid question but there is actually debate about this.
Maximize fat lost = more protein
Maximize growth = a more balanced diet including moderate carbohydrates.

So what you’re saying is if you eat 300g protein, your carbs and fats together are less than or equal to 300g??
Yes! The bigger the deficit the more rapid the fat loss.

I'm kinda sorta sporting a PSMF currently

It's amazing for resetting dietary habits. Stop eating so much, you fat fuck! I'm talking to me, yall

I've also recently quit tobacco (again) and drinking (again) and the mental benefits of a fast are still there for things of this nature

I'm fucked up yall

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
key88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner