over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dusty Hanshaw: Thoughts and Prayers

Just to note: He is going back to training...he loves it. Just needs to clear the cobwebs and get his physical stability back. But i have been running the full court press campaign hard at him for the last week. The blessing in disguise is his waist has gotten tiny during these events and that is the one positive in all the negatives....so i have been bombarding him with "low food intake, liquid meals, getting away from exercises where there is a large amount of weight over the midriff/waistline, staying away from the heavy deadlifts, heavy rows" and going toward machine work and things that will keep his waist down. 99% of bodybuilders have to do those heavy basic movements to put on the muscle mass on their way up to be elite but he has 15-20 years of hardcore heavy slag training history in the books and he has been bed ridden for 4 weeks so its atrophied but still there (but dormant). So its not "building it" but reactivating it....and its a heck of a lot more detailed than this but im trying to steer him in that direction with low volume of food intake/ low carb intake + EAA drinks etc...I think he is embracing it. I dont think he will ever compete again but if he plays his cards right this could end up incredibly impressive due to a history of muscle mass already built that cannot be erased. Its like i told him "if roelly winkler ruptured his esophagus, was bedridden and lost 60-70lbs and his arms went from 23 to 16....do you really think if Roelly started lifting hard for 6-8 weeks and doing everything else but took in minimal amounts of food + EAA drinks that his arms would stay 16 inches? No they would go up to 21.5 because of all that muscle memory. The older bodybuilders who disintegrate in this sport are the ones who do one of two things (or both)
1) stop lifting forever
2) let their endogenous Testosterone levels go to crap

Just to note: He is going back to training...he loves it. Just needs to clear the cobwebs and get his physical stability back. But i have been running the full court press campaign hard at him for the last week. The blessing in disguise is his waist has gotten tiny during these events and that is the one positive in all the negatives....so i have been bombarding him with "low food intake, liquid meals, getting away from exercises where there is a large amount of weight over the midriff/waistline, staying away from the heavy deadlifts, heavy rows" and going toward machine work and things that will keep his waist down. 99% of bodybuilders have to do those heavy basic movements to put on the muscle mass on their way up to be elite but he has 15-20 years of hardcore heavy slag training history in the books and he has been bed ridden for 4 weeks so its atrophied but still there (but dormant). So its not "building it" but reactivating it....and its a heck of a lot more detailed than this but im trying to steer him in that direction with low volume of food intake/ low carb intake + EAA drinks etc...I think he is embracing it. I dont think he will ever compete again but if he plays his cards right this could end up incredibly impressive due to a history of muscle mass already built that cannot be erased. Its like i told him "if roelly winkler ruptured his esophagus, was bedridden and lost 60-70lbs and his arms went from 23 to 16....do you really think if Roelly started lifting hard for 6-8 weeks and doing everything else but took in minimal amounts of food + EAA drinks that his arms would stay 16 inches? No they would go up to 21.5 because of all that muscle memory. The older bodybuilders who disintegrate in this sport are the ones who do one of two things (or both)
1) stop lifting forever
He will blow up fast. I've witnessed muscle memory do amazing things to myself on two separate occasions.

Update from Dusty on IG
Oh my God...for the first time ever, and likely the only time ever, I can actually lift more than Dusty Henshaw.

My thoughts and hopes are with him through all of this. I'm late to the news, but that's a blessing in disguise because I don't have to wait through the uncertainty that so many people did. I've been watching his videos and reading his posts for a long time. I'm really pulling for him and I'm confident he'll be back to 100% (and then some) in no time. He has a warrior's spirit.

1) stop lifting forever
He is active on IG again. And back doing deadlifts. I think he has been bitten by the power bug again. Numbers are down significantly, but his commentary seems to be focused on moving big iron once again and returning to his previous self.

This is simply amazing that he’s back in the gym. Good stuff!

absolutely his life and i am glad he got a second chance but i hope he doesn't go right back to the lets push 300lbs as i approach 40 club. hell even Jordan is slowly coming down

absolutely his life and i am glad he got a second chance but i hope he doesn't go right back to the lets push 300lbs as i approach 40 club. hell even Jordan is slowly coming down
No he is about 262 right now, doing vacuums and using a waist trainer every day, his portions on meals are much smaller.....his training partner and I have to keep on him because its hard on him to be smaller than his biggest....but he is slowly coming around to the mindset of a certain look that needs to be ranked above ultimate muscle mass

JP had a major health scare apparently and was forced to. But it’s good to see as he got to the point he didn’t look healthy at all

No he is about 262 right now, doing vacuums and using a waist trainer every day, his portions on meals are much smaller.....his training partner and I have to keep on him because its hard on him to be smaller than his biggest....but he is slowly coming around to the mindset of a certain look that needs to be ranked above ultimate muscle mass

I watch his IG account. He is still massive at 262. I hope he slows down too. He got a second chance, but damn he is driven. That is something people should hope they have in all aspects of life. I don't see too many people that driven.

About a decade ago my ideas regarding how a bodybuilder shoud approach SHAPING (not just building) his physique changed dramatically. I started to long for the days when bodybuilding was about more than just packing on as much balanced, conditioned muscle as possible. Sure, size may be the most notable aspect of this sport, but it's certaily not the only thing that makes it special...nor should it be. The WAIST is a massively integral part of what has the potential to make a bodybuilder special. Keeping the waist as tiny as possible is vitally important if a bodbuilder wants to look as impressive onstage as possible. Various factors play a role here, including both preventative and restorative techniques. These include vacuum exercises, waist trainers, exercise selection and performance, exercise selection relative to one's current state of development, food intake, digestive aides, insulin senstivity, etc. Wayyy too many bodybuilders have fallen short...or even ruined their physiques, in an attempt to carry as much muscle as possible regardless of aesthetics. I look at some of the huge mistakes that even top coaches were making a couple decades (and many still make today) and realize how much more there still is to learn in this sport...on a general level.

Dante, it makes me happy to see you promoting these things

About a decade ago my ideas regarding how a bodybuilder shoud approach SHAPING (not just building) his physique changed dramatically. I started to long for the days when bodybuilding was about more than just packing on as much balanced, conditioned muscle as possible. Sure, size may be the most notable aspect of this sport, but it's certaily not the only thing that makes it special...nor should it be. The WAIST is a massively integral part of what has the potential to make a bodybuilder special. Keeping the waist as tiny as possible is vitally important if a bodbuilder wants to look as impressive onstage as possible. Various factors play a role here, including both preventative and restorative techniques. These include vacuum exercises, waist trainers, exercise selection and performance, exercise selection relative to one's current state of development, food intake, digestive aides, insulin senstivity, etc. Wayyy too many bodybuilders have fallen short...or even ruined their physiques, in an attempt to carry as much muscle as possible regardless of aesthetics. I look at some of the huge mistakes that even top coaches were making a couple decades (and many still make today) and realize how much more there still is to learn in this sport...on a general level.

Dante, it makes me happy to see you promoting these things
Dante when and how often do you recommend to wear a waist trainer? I got one a few weeks ago.

He just posted on IG he is on a quest to weigh 300 again. He is bit by the "hyoooge" bug again. Heavy deads, rack pulls and moving slag iron. How he came back from this and still has the desire to be even bigger and better than before is a testament to his tenacity.

Hope he stops back in to PM at some point when he gets time to read this thread and the tons of support we all have for him. I know he is super busy and when he gets time he mostly posts at IG now, but I can't stand IG. Posting on somebody's super busy IG feed is worse than the 90's old feeds on the forums....he will never see them buried under all the IFBB Pros and internet know-it-alls who post on his posts.

If I had to guess, and that's all it is and I could be totally wrong, now that he is of alder age (not old mind you), he may be feeling the urgency to make a last run and getting antsy. I only mention that because i probably would. He is used to go-go-go and getting to point A and B in the shortest time possible, so it may be hard to get away from that....the deads, weight, etc. He will be back to 300# in no time though with ease, so he may not have to push the food like he once did to get there. I can hang at 280# very easy (i'm no Dusty or pro or top national competitor for clarity, lol), and he has more muscle on his frame than I do.

Just speaking out loud and watching his return to normalcy and beyond. I know he mentioned that he just moved to SC.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws