over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Minimum protein for growth

I am on 3 g per kg and 4g on day when I workout 2 times.
So that is about 1.36g per pound and 1.8g pe pound.
would you say that's the minimum you need you need to grow ?

I am on 3 g per kg and 4g on day when I workout 2 times.

As you get older, you need more protein, is this true for you? I mean, have you increased your protein intake since you were younger or was it always high?

I'm 42 and prepping for a show. I'm at 450g a day I'm not that heavy but this is the best I've looked , doses are fairly low to moderate on gear and all I can say is I'm eating more and looking better. Bro science lol

As you get older, you need more protein, is this true for you? I mean, have you increased your protein intake since you were younger or was it always high?
Yes, is recommended higher protein intake for older people, especially for very active people like me. Yes I do eat more protein at my age 69 then when I was in my 40s, back than I use to eat more carbs, now more protein and less carbs, however I never go under 200g carbs per day.

Eggs, Fish, Chicken for protein, Olive oil, Egg yolks and MCT for fat, Oat, Sweet potato, Pineapple, Papaya, Berry's , Broccoli and Honey for carbs.
You don’t eat any grains besides oats?

Yes, is recommended higher protein intake for older people, especially for very active people like me. Yes I do eat more protein at my age 69 then when I was in my 40s, back than I use to eat more carbs, now more protein and less carbs, however I never go under 200g carbs per day.

Are you eating about 300 grams of oatmeal a day?

Lyle Mc Donald in his book "The Protein Book" discussed extensively the protein need for an athlete.

His conclusion was 2-3g/kg of body weight. Enhanced guys should aim for the lower value.

Usually i stay between 2,5-3g/kg, but counted only from full sources like whey/eggs/egg whites/meat/fish.

I think that these tables from Lyle's book can be interesting for us:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 59
so yall think the MINIMUM u should eat comes out to over 250 pounds of protein in grams a year.
sure.
to gain 10-12 pounds of muscle mass....right.
thats not a total waste of money at all.
every single study done showing impressive muscle mass gains was done on .6g per pound of bodyweight. maybe .8g.
1.5? 2g? fucking stupid calories are key. muscle is 70 percent water by weight. 10 pounds on the scale is really 3 pounds of tissue.
but yall do yall.
Not all the protein we consume is used for muscle protein synthesis. Protein has many other purposes in the body.

so yall think the MINIMUM u should eat comes out to over 250 pounds of protein in grams a year.
sure.
to gain 10-12 pounds of muscle mass....right.
thats not a total waste of money at all.
every single study done showing impressive muscle mass gains was done on .6g per pound of bodyweight. maybe .8g.
1.5? 2g? fucking stupid calories are key. muscle is 70 percent water by weight. 10 pounds on the scale is really 3 pounds of tissue.
but yall do yall.

How many of these "studies" were done on men running multiple compounds of gear and likely hgh/slin?

How many of these "studies" took into account the many genetic variables 10 different people can have in natural protein synthesis and metabolism?

Bodies are built through trial and error, understanding yourself and what works for you.

So many "studies" are borderline worthless because they are so rigid and generalized and dont account for HUGE variables, but a lot of you take it as "proven science".

How many of these "studies" were done on men running multiple compounds of gear and likely hgh/slin?

How many of these "studies" took into account the many genetic variables 10 different people can have in natural protein synthesis and metabolism?

Bodies are built through trial and error, understanding yourself and what works for you.

So many "studies" are borderline worthless because they are so rigid and generalized and dont account for HUGE variables, but a lot of you take it as "proven science".
These are almost all fine on formerly untrained subjects. Not advanced level bodybuilders too

These are almost all fine on formerly untrained subjects. Not advanced level bodybuilders too
There you have it, my brother- if diet is sub-sub par and just training is introduced, there will be a considerable boost.

Avg diet and results get better, optimal diet and results follower.

Majority of us in here have a very strong foundation, base of knowledge and advanced gear use... so the answers would be relative.

There you have it, my brother- if diet is sub-sub par and just training is introduced, there will be a considerable boost.

Avg diet and results get better, optimal diet and results follower.

Majority of us in here have a very strong foundation, base of knowledge and advanced gear use... so the answers would be relative.
Hell regardless of diet, if a sedentary person starts jogging consistently then they’ll gain muscle mass.
The only studies for people trying to gain as muscle as possible, taking drugs are found in bodybuilders log books and on these forums. We are all our own research, study and experiment. The science is still catching up to things meat heads have been doing for years, that they discovered in the trenches through trial and error. When it comes to this sometimes anecdote and observation is worth 100x more than anything an academic will put out in the next 10 year.

Hell regardless of diet, if a sedentary person starts jogging consistently then they’ll gain muscle mass.
The only studies for people trying to gain as muscle as possible, taking drugs are found in bodybuilders log books and on these forums. We are all our own research, study and experiment. The science is still catching up to things meat heads have been doing for years, that they discovered in the trenches through trial and error. When it comes to this sometimes anecdote and observation is worth 100x more than anything an academic will put out in the next 10 year.

Honestly... to add to your point, i would go as far as to say these "studies" actually become a detriment bc there are so few people who recognize how limited they, will base their training/diet/gear usage off it and lose.

As it pertains to this specific discussion, i 100% notice i put on a lot more muscle on cycle when i kick protein up to 1.5g+ per lb as opposed to 1g. Thats just me and i can only speak for myself.

Bro Science is a lot more valuable than specific studies that dont exist.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws