over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Minimum protein for growth

Honestly... to add to your point, i would go as far as to say these "studies" actually become a detriment bc there are so few people who recognize how limited they, will base their training/diet/gear usage off it and lose.

As it pertains to this specific discussion, i 100% notice i put on a lot more muscle on cycle when i kick protein up to 1.5g+ per lb as opposed to 1g. Thats just me and i can only speak for myself.

Bro Science is a lot more valuable than specific studies that dont exist.
The dogmatic evidence based group doesn’t really have a grasp on what the “broscience” is or where it came from. It’s stuff that has been learned over time and passed down and passed on that someone did and it worked, it was repeated and so were the results. Now, some of it is useless and we’ve found out isn’t necessary or can even be detrimental to our goals, but a lot of it, these exercise science guys haven’t figure out yet or even worse they misrepresent what is actually proven. It’s like the whole “volume is the primary driver of growth” nonsense. That’s not even what any of the studies say. Guys like Mike Mentzer and Dorian Yates and guys before them figured out and it’s what’s built into all these studies that’s looked over by certain people is that mechanical tension (progressive overload) is the primary driver of growth.

The dogmatic evidence based group doesn’t really have a grasp on what the “broscience” is or where it came from. It’s stuff that has been learned over time and passed down and passed on that someone did and it worked, it was repeated and so were the results. Now, some of it is useless and we’ve found out isn’t necessary or can even be detrimental to our goals, but a lot of it, these exercise science guys haven’t figure out yet or even worse they misrepresent what is actually proven. It’s like the whole “volume is the primary driver of growth” nonsense. That’s not even what any of the studies say. Guys like Mike Mentzer and Dorian Yates and guys before them figured out and it’s what’s built into all these studies that’s looked over by certain people is that mechanical tension (progressive overload) is the primary driver of growth.
Who you gonna trust to build your home. The guy who got a degree in it but hasn’t built his first one yet? Or the guy who never graduated high school but managed to get liscensed and bonded and has been building homes for 35 years?
I’ll take experience over education every time. Don’t get me wrong, the research studies can be useful to us, but most of what they’re doing is just proving what we bodybuilders have been doing on our own for decades

All I can say is that in all my travels and especially in East Africa where I have seen
men literally living in mud huts in the
middle of nowhere have fantastic
physiques that would be the envy of
most on this board and would consider
themselves lucky to get any protein
at all, probably could not even spell
the word let alone even know that
steroids even exist.

My opinion, extremely overrated and is
just making a bunch of people a lot of
money, preying off people’s fears.

Eat just a bit over your daily requirement
relative to your body weight and you
are good to go. And supplements should
be used as just that, supplements to a well
balanced diet.

Not a popular or perhaps even a believable
stance, I just don’t like to see people
being taken advantage of.

Again, just my opinion.

All I can say is that in all my travels and especially in East Africa where I have seen
steroids even exist.

balanced diet.

Again, just my opinion.
They might be great physiques…but they aren’t enormous physique. Ronnie Coleman Could NOT have been built on low protein

steroids even exist.

balanced diet.

Again, just my opinion.

What does men living in mud huts in Africa with ripped bodies have anything to do with minimum/sufficient protein intake for people who have access to everything and post on promuscle? Just because some guy who eats next to nothing and is active and has good genetics can look great (small and ripped) eating no protein simply doesn't translate to someone on here. Well it does and it just proves we don't need a lot of protein to survive and people with good genetics who are active can still look muscular/ripped on very poor/limited diets but again it's a weird point. Fact is most people would do better (build more muscle) if they ate high quality protein food sources consistently. There is probably some homeless black guy on Venice beach who is jacked eating 50-100g protein and doing pull ups all day but it shouldn't translate to someone on here wanting to get as big/lean as possible.

How are our suggestions also making a bunch of people money and preying on people's fears? No one on here is going to benefit if x poster starts eating more beef or chicken because we post moderate-high protein is better for optimal muscle growth. They could even buy a tub of protein or some EAA's but I doubt anyone on here would personally benefit from that. No one is pushing supplements but even if they were we are all adults and most of us just want others to do well. The only exception would be guys who own or rep for supplement companies telling uneducated people to go on an all shake diets but no one would ever do that.

We are talking about optimal results. The thread was about the minimal amount of protein and sure guys could eat next to no protein and still look good but surely anyone who wants to be legitimately big and lean should be eating higher protein. Now I completely agree guys can eat a bit over your daily requirement relative to bodyweight and grow. The less protein the more carbs and/or fats that are needed... simple equation.

There are many ways to get bigger and leaner but I can state without a doubt the guys pushing higher protein on here are not trying to scam anyone but merely trying to help them out. I think most on here (including myself) would look better if they were consistent with higher protein intake from the best sources (beef, eggs, chicken, salmon, whey isolate etc). Moreover, guys who are legitimately big are always eating decent amounts of protein.

most on this board

Can you post pics of these guys living in mud huts most of the guys on here would be envy of? I have seen documentaries on East African tribes. I may not have been there but seen loads of stuff on various tribes. Most guys in mud huts in Africa are skin and bones. They also hunt and eat meat just limited sources and they can be in great shape but they are never huge. We are talking 180 pounds at a stretch. Some of them may be ripped (less weight) but no is going to be big eating no protein.

I just think an exaggeration on your part like many do on here. We all know there are some freaks out there who are hyper muscular for doing nothing and eating poorly but let's be realistic. Most of the guys living in mud huts are skinny and some will be ripped due to being active and having good genetics but they are malnourished. There are even loads of guys in Africa who are natural and train in shitty gyms who look fantastic but even the ones with access to a little gear are not what I call huge. Now if you were to give them 300g+ protein and lot' s of oats etc and a basic steroid stack they could easily be because the genetics are there but you need to feed the body sufficient protein for adequate muscle growth.

Haha I just imagine these tribal guys just being all kinds of inside out diced, as well. That amazing physique might be 130-150lbs but with leanness that comes from eating nothing but nature, it ends up looking very impressive

steroids even exist.

balanced diet.

Again, just my opinion.

This CANT be a serious post.

1. You are using examples of people who obviously have A+ genetics

2. Did you see what these men's "before and after" photos looked like, let alone their training regimen (if any) to say with any type of certainty that they built any amount of substantial muscle at all past what their genetics just gave them?

3. They were 99% chance NOT on gear to make use of added protein synthesis benefit if they can barely afford food.

Ghettoes around America have tons of young black kids with 40" vertical leaps that can run a 4.4 who only play pick up ball in the streets, so i guess football and basketball players shouldnt bother with plyometrics, conditioning or speed/explosive training.

Post is ridiculous on so many levels.

steroids even exist.

balanced diet.

Again, just my opinion.

There is a problem with this:

- No one here has that stellar black jungle genetics.

- We do not live in that idyllic environment where there is less food but it is pure, nutritious, etc ...

We have more ambitious goals, they don't even care about building muscle or their body fat. And yes, they probably live better and happier by not having an obsession with their bodies and their diets.

So, could we eat less protein? Yes, we would save money, but we would be hungrier and more body fat because we are going to eat more carbs and fats.

When I get out of a cut I reduce the protein and eat more fruits and fat: I get fatter.

I don't care what some marketers are pushing, the myth of the need for high protein is not a myth, it is a necessity for me.

This CANT be a serious post.

1. You are using examples of people who obviously have A+ genetics

2. Did you see what these men's "before and after" photos looked like, let alone their training regimen (if any) to say with any type of certainty that they built any amount of substantial muscle at all past what their genetics just gave them?

3. They were 99% chance NOT on gear to make use of added protein synthesis benefit if they can barely afford food.

Ghettoes around America have tons of young black kids with 40" vertical leaps that can run a 4.4 who only play pick up ball in the streets, so i guess football and basketball players shouldnt bother with plyometrics, conditioning or speed/explosive training.

Post is ridiculous on so many levels.
The post isn´t ridiculous in the least, some of you have to understand we´re not all "enhanced" here and thus some opinions are to be seen through that lens. Alfresco is expressing his experience on the minimum requirements for growth, I made very good gains from when I was 16yrs to 18yrs and wasn´t taking supps or eating tons of protein, and when I did start taking supps and protein powder the results weren´t anything to write home about, I pushed the food and ended up getting fat. Here´s a 1949 photo of a Nuba tribesman taken by George Rodger so you can picture what Alfresco has seen, that tribesman had no access to a gym, wasn´t on tren, test or eating 300g of protein, EAA´s, creatine etc and he was still in better shape than 99% of the world population at the time, and yes, in my current state I envy that physique:

DTGGAVnaYBtsQ5R__V1k4Mk9bCgn1b1WKntHKsR8rl0.jpg

The post isn´t ridiculous in the least, some of you have to understand we´re not all "enhanced" here and thus some opinions are to be seen through that lens. Alfresco is expressing his experience on the minimum requirements for growth, I made very good gains from when I was 16yrs to 18yrs and wasn´t taking supps or eating tons of protein, and when I did start taking supps and protein powder the results weren´t anything to write home about, I pushed the food and ended up getting fat. Here´s a 1949 photo of a Nuba tribesman taken by George Rodger so you can picture what Alfresco has seen, that tribesman had no access to a gym, wasn´t on tren, test or eating 300g of protein, EAA´s, creatine etc and he was still in better shape than 99% of the world population at the time, and yes, in my current state I envy that physique:

I just wanted somebody to photoshop an African tribal guy’s head onto Coleman’s body.

I think one of the main things alfresco was eluding to, that is somehow getting overlooked here, is that the consumption of protein that most guys on the forums are taking in are based on years and years of online communities where protein supplements were a driving force for generating revenue and money for many people involved on many levels, which could be a cause for many guys taking in more protein than they actually need to.

But then again, I could be wrong 🤷‍♂️

I think one of the main things alfresco was eluding to, that is somehow getting overlooked here, is that the consumption of protein that most guys on the forums are taking in are based on years and years of online communities where protein supplements were a driving force for generating revenue and money for many people involved on many levels, which could be a cause for many guys taking in more protein than they actually need to.

But then again, I could be wrong
Looks like somebody was paying attention.

not trying to piss anybody off just trying to put things into perspective. Yes we know the genetic elite can get by I’m almost anything but for the most part I believe that routine is over utilized and over needed meaning you don’t need as much as you think you do.Too much protein can make you fat just like too many carbs or fat.

not trying to piss anybody off just trying to put things into perspective. Yes we know the genetic elite can get by I’m almost anything but for the most part I believe that routine is over utilized and over needed meaning you don’t need as much as you think you do.Too much protein can make you fat just like too many carbs or fat.
Meant protein not routine if that was misunderstood.

You clearly didnt read my post.

Enhanced or not, its not only ridiculous to say, but NOTHING supports the idea that malnourished African tribesman with great genetics wouldnt grow more muscle with a protein surplus if they are training.

At this point, you guys are arguing with no base for the sake of arguing. There is no debate.

Most of you here are much younger, but it almost 52 years of age you have to remember the older you get the slower your body processes pure protein. I definitely can’t eat as much protein as I used to when I was in my 20s.

You clearly didnt read my post.

Enhanced or not, its not only ridiculous to say, but NOTHING supports the idea that malnourished African tribesman with great genetics wouldnt grow more muscle with a protein surplus if they are training.

At this point, you guys are arguing with no base for the sake of arguing. There is no debate.
I did read your post, what you say above is true, but I was, and still am agreeing with Alfresco and it seems you do too:

balanced diet.

Nothing ridiculous about that statement at all.

Most of you here are much younger, but it almost 52 years of age you have to remember the older you get the slower your body processes pure protein. I definitely can’t eat as much protein as I used to when I was in my 20s.

That is a problem since as you age, more protein is needed than when you are young for muscle maintenance. That is why protein whey supplements may be suitable (remember that supplements for medical use are used in people with various digestive problems).

Screenshot_20210728-130520_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20210729-075008_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20210729-075153_Instagram.jpg

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear