over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Eating what you feel like your body needs

machomadness22

Registered
So I’m not talking about when we are dieting and we want to eat a bowl of cereal or a hamburger. So like for example I’m in a cruise and eating slightly above maintenance but I will eat and still be hungry like I feel like I’m not balanced enough with many meals I’ll just be hungry after 1-2 cups of rice and 12 oz chicken an hour later. sometimes I can go hours without a meal. Sometimes I feel like I just need fat so Ill go make some whole eggs and 2 massive tablespoons of peanut butter. I remember Hernon speaking of eat only when hungry. Is this basically what he meant? Anyone have any success with something like this?

if you know your eating around maintenance your obviously tracking your calories. I don’t see it being a problem

I
So I’m not talking about when we are dieting and we want to eat a bowl of cereal or a hamburger. So like for example I’m in a cruise and eating slightly above maintenance but I will eat and still be hungry like I feel like I’m not balanced enough with many meals I’ll just be hungry after 1-2 cups of rice and 12 oz chicken an hour later. sometimes I can go hours without a meal. Sometimes I feel like I just need fat so Ill go make some whole eggs and 2 massive tablespoons of peanut butter. I remember Hernon speaking of eat only when hungry. Is this basically what he meant? Anyone have any success with something like this?
If I only ate when I was hungry I’d have one large meal daily and 1-2 small snacks. And I’d weight about 170 pounds

I

If I only ate when I was hungry I’d have one large meal daily and 1-2 small snacks. And I’d weight about 170 pounds
Lol well I can always eat more than that. I really don’t know enough about Phil was preaching but I remember it was something about eating meals only when hungry again I need to do some research on what he was talking about and other success with it. I have been following my above eating schedule and been holding weight and strength pretty well since coming off blast.

Lol well I can always eat more than that. I really don’t know enough about Phil was preaching but I remember it was something about eating meals only when hungry again I need to do some research on what he was talking about and other success with it. I have been following my above eating schedule and been holding weight and strength pretty well since coming off blast.
It might work for some, but not for all. Personally I have a horrible appetite and never want to eat. Gaining weight always requires force feeding for me. I think the real trick is eating foods that allow you to get hungry again sooner

I

Is that even when your really lean as well ?

Is that even when your really lean as well ?
I prefer dieting over gaining weight as it means I don’t have to eat as much food. But even when dieting I’m still taking in more food than I would be if I wasn’t going to the gym. During covid I was eating maybe 1 meal a day while the gyms were closed.

I prefer dieting over gaining weight as it means I don’t have to eat as much food. But even when dieting I’m still taking in more food than I would be if I wasn’t going to the gym. During covid I was eating maybe 1 meal a day while the gyms were closed.
Ok how about when dieting and going to the gym, do you still have to force feed ?

It might work for some, but not for all. Personally I have a horrible appetite and never want to eat. Gaining weight always requires force feeding for me. I think the real trick is eating foods that allow you to get hungry again sooner
YES, this^
you kinda nailed Phil Hernon's method. if u are eating the right macros from the correct foods and training correctly you will be hungry.
its the most perfect system of eating and training i ever seen and tried.
I am ecto/meso kinda body and one day i ate 11 chicken breasts!? plus my carbs and fats and LBA's. wasnt force feeding either. i was legit HUNGRY.
-F

YES, this^
you kinda nailed Phil Hernon's method. if u are eating the right macros from the correct foods and training correctly you will be hungry.
I am ecto/meso kinda body and one day i ate 11 chicken breasts!? plus my carbs and fats and LBA's. wasnt force feeding either. i was legit HUNGRY.
-F
See that’s kind of how I am some days I’ll eat chicken all day and have like 14oz ny steaks for dinner and be able to smash down on 3 more it’s crazy. Obviously always depends on what I’m training usually but not always.

If someone has been at it for long enough that they can tell the difference between desire and need then listening to yourself has benefit. But it can be a fine line that one needs to be honest with themselves.

See that’s kind of how I am some days I’ll eat chicken all day and have like 14oz ny steaks for dinner and be able to smash down on 3 more it’s crazy. Obviously always depends on what I’m training usually but not always.
yeah, totally normal imo. day AFTER leg training i was always naturally most hungry. there is an ebb and flow to it.
if u ALWAYS eat same 6 meals a day with same calories day in day out i dont think that is optimal.
training legs may recquire more calories to recover/grow than say arm day. so if u eat exact same u could be gaining excess calories on arm day and not have enough to recover from squat day. we dont live in a vacuum. the body and metabolism changes. sleep, stress amount of cardio changes metabolism constantly.
imo it is only logical to eat when hungry. no one can predict what they need imo. let ur body and metabolism and morror let you know.
if i limited myself to 6 meals a day i would be scared i am missing out on getting enough calories. or afraid force feeding and eating too many.
dont have either of those worries eating when hungry
-F

Ok how about when dieting and going to the gym, do you still have to force feed ?
The only time I’m not eating more food than I’d prefer is on vacations. Then I just eat when I’m hungry which is usually just lunch and dinner

YES, this^
-F
Exactly, if it takes 8 hours for you to digest oatmeal, then you shouldn’t be eating oatmeal. If pasta gives you gas….don’t eat pasta. If you can eat a steak and 2 hours later you’re hungry, eat more beef than other protein sources

if I ate when hungry id be obese, I like food. for me tracking is a must

u should try it and see what happens. i feel like i could make it work for you lol.
imo its something to experience.

my fear is that i wouldnt eat. i dont like to eat much at all.
i never ate more (often) in my life.
-F

YES, this^
-F
Fat people get hungry too j/k but true

Taught in 4th grade you can be hungry from one food group but full on another

Trying it with healthy calorie dense foods.
I don’t know like fts said watch the mirror see what it does for you.
From what you’ve stated you’re a pretty lean guy might make you blow up 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sadly the case with me as well

1 black coffee in the morning, and 1 meal at night if I followed what i felt. Would prob live longer this way too 👀
Crazy because I’ve seen your pics you’re a huge dude seems like you’d be starving for calories. On the genetical scale and off-season i look at a cheeseburger and I’ll gain 10 pounds lol unless I’m blasting heavy and training super heavy. But on this cruise I am trying to stick to progressive overload and continue to try and build off of what I have built thus far. Never tried anything like this before as I am getting older I really want more blast after this to try to pack on some more size before I just focus on maintaining what I have built etc. I’m not worried about getting doughy, I am staying on top of cardio and training. Seem to be making progress so far on a cruise so I am curious as to where this will take me.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131