over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diet help

benchmstr

Registered
Newbies
I need some help on this, because I’m admittedly lost.

my bro from work recently started lifting with me and has been asking about his diet. I don’t know shit about that! My diet is purely based around my autoimmune disease and has been for almost 10 years.

he has good strength for how long he has been lifting and has some obvious muscle…he is around 5’10” (my height) and on my scale this morning he was 225lbs and 25% body fat(my estimation)

I have never been that big or given diet advice to anyone that big…so instead of just saying “go zero carb until you don’t look like that” I refrained and decided to ask y’all.

this dude is pretty dedicated..he’s actually been living in my barn/guesthouse/gym while he’s going through a divorce…so he has no excuse to not lift.

what type of diet should I tell him to do?

thanks

Isocaloric (or close to it) based on maintenance calories, then adjust from there. This is about the easiest place to start with no background info, little experience with diet, etc

My advice (if he can float it) is higher a reputable coach. There is no better way than doing it this way. My recommendation is Skip Hill. I have him working with my gf and she has made some serious changes. It's hard to give someone the time and attention they need for their unique needs and theyre always going to have more questions and be unsure of something. My vote would be to go with a reputable coach. I'm assuming his head isnt in the best place so anything that can help he should do. If he is serious about it, this is the best advice I could give him.

My advice (if he can float it) is higher a reputable coach. There is no better way than doing it this way. My recommendation is Skip Hill. I have him working with my gf and she has made some serious changes. It's hard to give someone the time and attention they need for their unique needs and theyre always going to have more questions and be unsure of something. My vote would be to go with a reputable coach. I'm assuming his head isnt in the best place so anything that can help he should do. If he is serious about it, this is the best advice I could give him.
I'm not for sure but I'm guessing that a guy going through a divorce living in his buddies barn is going to hire a coach $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That's why I said "if he can float it". I dont know this guy but I do know a lot of dudes who have crashed on couches, slept at work, and how they processed what was happening. Most were blowing their cash on booze, weed, and eating fast food everyday. If that's the case, get your priorities in order.

The cash is relative to the person. If he can, he should. The results will be worth the investment when he's crushing gains and the women he attracts makes him quickly forget about the last one to cause him to crash in a buddies barn in the first place.

I'm not for sure but I'm guessing that a guy going through a divorce living in his buddies barn is going to hire a coach $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Actually money wise he’s doing well. He’s in my guest house now simply because after he kicked her ass out he gutted the house and is remodeling.

he is also mentally in a good place..wife was toxic as hell and he is more relieved than anything that she is gone.

apparently he already emailed skip hill. I kinda hoped he would do a little research on his own first, but it’s his money.

Well if he hired Skip he sure as shit don't need us lol
He hasn’t hired anyone..just apparently emailed him for information on his services.

the guy has a powerlifting background, but has never dieted before.

I’m pretty sure he will bail when he sees the cost lol

It doesnt look like he's committing to it, just doing the research. If you see someone who has a proven track record, there's the proof you need the money is well spent. When you do the math on what you're paying for a day, it's not outrageously expensive.

There's no shortage of people out there who can get the job done. Anyone of them will more than likely give better results than the the incoming advice of "PSMF, keto, paleo, bro splits, eat when hungry, etc" that's going to populate this thread. All well-meaning people to be sure.

Find someone who produces results, learn from them, and bail when you think you have it figured out. There's a good portion of advice here coming from guys who have done just that. Me included. Except the two coaches I used were just about useless and I wouldn't (and couldn't as they are no longer around) recommend them. Still, the most important part of this is the diet and you think you know what you are doing until you realize you don't.

I only recommend skip because he was the third coach I was going to try before I realized I knew enough to get the results I wanted. I recommended him to my gf and she is getting better results than my attempting to help or her figuring it out on her own. He's not the only one doing this out there but his method will keep you sane while you are getting where you are going.

He hasn’t hired anyone..just apparently emailed him for information on his services.

the guy has a powerlifting background, but has never dieted before.

I’m pretty sure he will bail when he sees the cost lol

Buy “be your own bodybuilding coach” from Scott Stevenson.

But the post above is correct.

Get online, find a macro calculator. Get the isocaloric guess. Track bodyweight for 7-10 days and slowly adjust from there.

Or a very easy way to do it is take bodyweight x 15 calories protein 1-1.5G and slowly add or trim away carb/fat calories according to results

Chris Aceto championship bodybuilding is very basic and easy.
First thing I would ask him if he is eating fast food, drinking sugary drinks, and if he is getting all his meals in from whole foods and not the stuff in cans. Tell him clean his diet up first, drink 1 1/2-2 gallons of water a day. No snacking and 1 free meal a week. Get cardio in to get the bf percent down .

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws