over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Interesting digestion discovery

heavyhitter

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So ive listened to several podcasts lately with Patrick Tuor and his theories on eating for mass and protein requirements. Essentially, he believes in moderately lower protein intake in order to facilitate and allow for assimilation of much higher carbohydrate levels. His thought process is that once you start dieting and dropping calories what are your going to do with tour protein if it’s already very high as your carbs are coming down? But with a lower protein intake you can reduce carbs and increase protein to maintain strength and fullness.
From my perspective I have severe gastric issues and digesting large volumes of protein is hard for me. So I’ve cut my protein down recently to around 30-40 grams per meal instead of my normal
50-60, but have added quite a bit more carbs. Know what I’m noticing so far? Less gas and bloating, and for the first time in years I’ve been hungry for every meal I’ve eaten the last 3 days and have actually had to add food because I’m hungry. For instance, I just ate two eggs, 4 slices of bacon, and some toast for sopping up the yolk only two hours after my last meal. And I don’t even feel full….just satisfied. And another thing I’ve done is I’ve swapped out the 5 ounces of boiled chicken I use in my chicken shakes with a cup of liquid egg whites. I’m so hopeful that this may be something that makes gaining size possible for me again through big eating, but man I’ve been let down so many times over the years. Fingers crossed. Anyone else notice something like this? I’m essentially eating 220-230 grams of protein at a bodyweight of 222, but have been consuming around 6-700 grams of carbs.

I'm sure he's not recommending you eat 2 eggs , 4 slices of bacon and toast lol

I'm sure he's not recommending you eat 2 eggs , 4 slices of bacon and toast lol
No, he’s not, that was just a snack cause I was hungry(which for me is a miracle with my ibs and bile gastritis) and I require looots of calories for growth so some of it inevitably has to be junk. But lunch was 80 grams of carbs from sticky rice, 8 ounces raw salmon, and 32 Oz Gatorade. Next meal was a shake of egg whites, scoop whey iso 100, 80 grams of carbs from cream of rice, 40 grams from dextrose. Dinner was 90 grams of carbs from pasta, and andouille sausage link, and 5 ounces of chicken breast in a Cajun sauce. Then the eggs and bacon, next meal will be another one of those Shakes. And I started off the day with 30 grams of eaa, 100 grams karboload, and 50 grams dextrose. I have ibs so I have a limited selection of food I can eat comfortably.
but look at the size of James hollinshgead and he’s only eating 300 grams of protein daily

If your appetite sucks and you're not hungry, obviously having more carbs and less protein will help. It is not rocket science.

Unfortunately for me, no matter how much protein I have, I always have an appetite.

If your appetite sucks and you're not hungry, obviously having more carbs and less protein will help. It is not rocket science.

Unfortunately for me, no matter how much protein I have, I always have an appetite.
It’s not a matter of my appetite sucking, but gastric distress from several digestive disorders. It’s not just protein that bothers me. I have to stay away from lots of foods. I can’t eat anything with fiber, I can’t add any external fats like olive oil, tomatoes bother me, oats absolutely destroy me. Most grains do. My sole whole food carb source is white rice. It’s a pain in the ass literally
So far since witching I haven’t had diarrhea in 3 days. And i wasn’t consuming a ton of protein to begin with. 300-325 ish if I could stomach it

That’s awesome man. You never know until you try. Maybe report back after 1-2 months. Been following your thoughts lately and thinking shit over personally too...

That’s awesome man. You never know until you try. Maybe report back after 1-2 months. Been following your thoughts lately and thinking shit over personally too...
One other thing I’m trying to which I’ve never given an honest shot is running lowers test and higher anabolics. I know higher dose test can affect people and maybe as I’ve gotten older it’s started to bother me. So I’m currently running 300 test/600 deca/400 primo as well as 30 days worth of ostarine. We’ll see how it goes. I’ve got a lot of muscle I need to gain back. And I’ll definitely post updates as this goes along. I know a lot of guys on here are struggling with digestive problems

One other thing I’m trying to which I’ve never given an honest shot is running lowers test and higher anabolics. I know higher dose test can affect people and maybe as I’ve gotten older it’s started to bother me. So I’m currently running 300 test/600 deca/400 primo as well as 30 days worth of ostarine. We’ll see how it goes. I’ve got a lot of muscle I need to gain back. And I’ll definitely post updates as this goes along. I know a lot of guys on here are struggling with digestive problems
Love ostarine! It reminds me of anadrol.

It’s not a matter of my appetite sucking, but gastric distress from several digestive disorders. It’s not just protein that bothers me. I have to stay away from lots of foods. I can’t eat anything with fiber, I can’t add any external fats like olive oil, tomatoes bother me, oats absolutely destroy me. Most grains do. My sole whole food carb source is white rice. It’s a pain in the ass literally
So far since witching I haven’t had diarrhea in 3 days. And i wasn’t consuming a ton of protein to begin with. 300-325 ish if I could stomach it
You got me confused. You say it not a matter of your appetite sucking. But on another thread you said you never have an appetite and have to force feed yourself for years

It's just opinions...mine and yours
I’ve never used it. My understanding is that it’s very mild but it does work. I got it for free so I thought why not?

You got me confused. You say it not a matter of your appetite sucking. But on another thread you said you never have an appetite and have to force feed yourself for years
I meant it’s not just a matter of having a small appetite. It’s that because of my ibs I essentially don’t get hungry. And very small amounts of food sometimes make me feel hugely full for hours on end. Like there’s some morning where I’ll have 2 eggs and a live of toast and for the next 5 hours I feel like I’ve just finished a four course meal. And because I have bile gastritis and no gallbladder bladder bile is constantly being dumped Into my colon which causes immense inflammation and stomach upset with diarrhea. So sometimes just eating any meal at all period I have to force myself to do it. My wife is constantly yelling at me that I need to eat something

I’ve honestly never ran it
Good to run after an injury or surgery (I ran it post tricep repair surgery) for healing, other than that....LOL NO 👎

Sorry, digestive problems suck, maybe you should get tested and see if you find any harmful bacteria that are causing problems.

Good to run after an injury or surgery (I ran it post tricep repair surgery) for healing, other than that....LOL NO
Well that’s good cause I do still have a bit of weakness in my right arm from my bicep tear in March

I meant it’s not just a matter of having a small appetite. It’s that because of my ibs I essentially don’t get hungry. And very small amounts of food sometimes make me feel hugely full for hours on end. Like there’s some morning where I’ll have 2 eggs and a live of toast and for the next 5 hours I feel like I’ve just finished a four course meal. And because I have bile gastritis and no gallbladder bladder bile is constantly being dumped Into my colon which causes immense inflammation and stomach upset with diarrhea. So sometimes just eating any meal at all period I have to force myself to do it. My wife is constantly yelling at me that I need to eat something
Damn! That sucks....my wife had her gallbladder removed and she has to watch what she eats or she gets the shits.

Damn! That sucks....my wife had her gallbladder removed and she has to watch what she eats or she gets the shits.
Dude removing it was the worst thing I’ve ever done. It exacerbated my ibs ten fold. So not only do I not have a gallbladder to store bile to digest fats, my liver has actually started overproducing it and with nowhere to be stored it just goes into my colon and it’s very caustic and inflammatory to the small bowel. I can literally not even get through a whole slice of pizza without having to run to the restroom. I have to take a prescription pill that essentially encapsulates the bile and let’s it pass through without harming my bowels. Much like the way activated charcoal works for poisons and drugs

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear