over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Beginners looking for a great set of supplements to start

DoggMike

Newbies
Hi everyone, I't's great to finally be in this great community. I've recently been dabbling around with supplements as a beginner, stuff like creatine, whey Protein etc. I'm now finally ready to go all in and just stick to one set of supplements. Are there good supplements for beginners like myself to try?
It would be great to hear from others who've been on this journey, thanks everyone:)

Honestly you’ll want to stick to mostly whole food. Creatine is good and a good protein powder, maybe a pre workout for a kick and some pumps in the gym. But after years of trying everything most of them make so little difference they’re not worth it. I use eaa’s and carb powder intra workout, protein powder a couple times a day, vitamin d and magnesium at night, and a few other things here and there when I have some spare cash but that’s mostly it

Yeah, eat right, train hard and get enough sleep.

Yeah, what everyone else says.

you only spend and hour or 2 at the gym…you spend the rest of the day eating and recovering.

learn how and what to eat and learn to recover.

Eaa
Creatine
Zma
Ashwagandha
2g epa dhea a day.
Multiwitamin
This is all you need now and 25 years from now.

I have been in the supplement business since 1999. I love supplements and arguably it is a hobby in its own right for me personally. That being said I can 100% guarantee that over the next 10 years+ if you eat 5-6 meals a day EVERY DAY you will have results that no supplement can guarantee.

If you are not doing that, and I mean quality meals not cereal and oj for breakfast kind of crap, then please start there. Assuming those are in place as the above posters mentioned: creatine, protein, a good multi. Beyond that, any choice should be NEEDS BASED. For instance, I have a double snp for the MTHFR so methly folate is a need for me. Maybe you test low on vitamin D and don't have hours a day to spend in the sun then you add in Vit. D. Joints shot to shit? Add collagen and something like J-flex or another quality joint product. On a statin? CoQ10 is, IMO, a need in this case. You get the idea.

BE HONEST with yourself as to what is really a need vs want/curiosity, especially if the budget is tight. I personally take supplements as a separate hobby and love to experiment and am very interested in the science and application of compounds but I will be honest the training and food is 98% assuming you are natural.

OP I bet you're reading this thread and are thinking that we all take supplements but are telling you not to and are confused. When you first get serious, and lift hard and constant. Eat properly and get enough rest you're going to grow, and if you use supplements they won't make you grow faster, you're only wasting money. Give it a hard year of just the basics. Every one here that didn't do that wishes they did. Find out what type of diet works best for you.

Example eating grains makes me hold a lot of water, look fat and zaps my energy. So does creatine. If I threw in a bunch of things I would not know what did what.

Eaa
Creatine
Zma
Ashwagandha
2g epa dhea a day.
Multiwitamin
Ya, definitely some omega 3’s and vit d

Eaa
Creatine
Zma
Ashwagandha
2g epa dhea a day.
Multiwitamin
People don’t realize how important/beneficial EAA’s are. Everyone knows about BCAA because of all the supplement company hype for years..but the only people who hyped EAA from the late 1990’s was animal nutrition!

have you ever looked at reviews for EAA supplements? The whole article is about how it’s a poor and lacking BCAA supplement..every review I’ve seen has been like that lol

People don’t realize how important/beneficial EAA’s are. Everyone knows about BCAA because of all the supplement company hype for years..but the only people who hyped EAA from the late 1990’s was animal nutrition!

have you ever looked at reviews for EAA supplements? The whole article is about how it’s a poor and lacking BCAA supplement..every review I’ve seen has been like that lol
Totally agree it is supplement number 1. Period!!!

People that are really just beginning can probably do well with just eating a good diet.

People that are really just beginning can probably do well with just eating a good diet.
If you get serious you grow like a weed in the beginning. You can only get so big so fast. If you take a product you end up thinking it was the product you wanted money on. I'd wait at least until the gains slow down. And you know everything is on point.

If you get serious you grow like a weed in the beginning. You can only get so big so fast. If you take a product you end up thinking it was the product you wanted money on. I'd wait at least until the gains slow down. And you know everything is on point.
Agreed

mid I knew what I know now I would’ve just did EAA intraworkout

I don’t think “looking” for supplements is the right way to go about it, you should be using supplements based on specific needs for them.

who said you needed what supplements and why? maybe some creatine at a few grams a day

you only NEED supplements if you're deficient somewhere, where are you deficient?

I know you're wanting these epic lists of shit to buy, but truth is you're far better off right now saving that money (that shit adds up) and spending it on the best quality food you can afford

Good quality food above anything. A diet of balanced (40/40/20 for example) macros and plenty of micronutrients. Drink lot's of water. If you do those you don't need supplements as a beginner. However, sure if you are training hard you may want to start with a good multi-vitamin. Creatine at 5-10g per day and a whey isolate protein to bump your daily protein intake and you are gtg.

You don't really need anything else for performance as a beginner. I would recommend you get blood work done and see if there are any areas that need improving then come back and tell us and we can recommend a few things that will improve those areas. Now if you don't eat much oily fish I would 100% recommend fish oil and at least 3g (3000mg) per day. 5000iu vitamin d will help your immunity and stop you getting sick especially when training hard. Those are the basics and you can add other things depending upon your genetics etc.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131