over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lessons I learned trying to get huge as a hardgainer

no bro I think you misunderstood my question lol.
Im asking better to eat every 2-3 hours OR when hungry.
I currently eat every 3 hours. I’m definitely hungry more than that, like every hour! This is with decent sized meals every 3 hours too.
On days where I can...I will eat a meal and keep eating meals every hour. I sometimes end up eating 2,000+ calories in 2-3 hours this way but I am hungry and I’m sure my body is using it. I don’t really ever gain body fat. GH helps a lot I think lol

I feel like two hours is excessive. Every 3 hours would be plenty. What are you currently eating at your meals that you’re hungry an hour later?

8oz chicken or steak
2 cups of rice
Some sort of healthy fat usually a cup of almonds

Things that helped me

Low fat Cereal
Nutella
Nuts n more Peanut butter
Frozen fries in air fryer
Big Gatorade’s during work outs
Boiled eggs from Costco
Low fat popcorn
Halo top mixed with whey protein and Oreos and almond milk =blend

8oz chicken or steak
2 cups of rice
Some sort of healthy fat usually a cup of almonds
And you’re hungry an hour later? Damn…lucky man! Lol. What’s yours stats? And what are you having now? 6 meals daily?

Things that helped me

Low fat Cereal
Nutella
Nuts n more Peanut butter
Frozen fries in air fryer
Big Gatorade’s during work outs
Boiled eggs from Costco
Low fat popcorn
Halo top mixed with whey protein and Oreos and almond milk =blend
Low fat cereal is definitely one of my favorite post workout carbs. Half a box or so with 2 scoop vanilla whey iso is delicious. And I buy Gatorade powder in the big 76 ounce can and make them myself. I have two daily

With IBS , I do feel hungry but it's weird. I can sometimes eat a few bites and I feel full af, even in prep lol

Low fat cereal is definitely one of my favorite post workout carbs. Half a box or so with 2 scoop vanilla whey iso is delicious. And I buy Gatorade powder in the big 76 ounce can and make them myself. I have two daily
Fruity pebbles definitely. I could eat a whole box and not feel it

Do you plan on cutting soon?

With IBS , I do feel hungry but it's weird. I can sometimes eat a few bites and I feel full af, even in prep lol
I usually feel full after about 1/4 of my meal. If I power though and eat it, when the 3 hour mark comes around I find that I do have some hunger for it. But if I stop at that 1/4 mark when I’m full it’ll be 6-7 hours before I feel like eating anything again. It’s like my guts blow up like balloons unless I keep food in them most of the time. If I go any longer than 3 hours without food it’s instant diarrhea

Fruity pebbles definitely. I could eat a whole box and not feel it

Do you plan on cutting soon?
I’m currently eating fruity pebbles with fruity pebbles flavored dymatize iso 100 post workout. And yes, I do. I lost about 19 lbs after tearing my bicep in March. The plan is to get back up to 245, and then bring it back down leaner and start over

@luki7788 you think it’s better to eat every 2-3 hours or when hungry? I’ve always wondered what’s best as a hardgainer myself who is almost always hungry.
I was always under the impression it was best to do every 2-3 hours to keep levels stable
to maintain maximum protein synthesis, however, it is beneficial to eat every 2.5-3 hours

I eat a meal all my life every 2 hours, but I am also always hungry so it is not a problem for me

And you’re hungry an hour later? Damn…lucky man! Lol. What’s yours stats? And what are you having now? 6 meals daily?

i suppose lol
6’2
215ish - going for 230-245
It comes out to about 6 meals - 5K calories

to maintain maximum protein synthesis, however, it is beneficial to eat every 2.5-3 hours

I eat a meal all my life every 2 hours, but I am also always hungry so it is not a problem for me

This is what I thought.
So let’s say in my case eating every 3 hours, but hungry 1.5 hours after? Eat again? Or wait until 3 hours to maximize protein synthesis?

I eat every 3 hours / 3 and a half hours, but I could definitely eat every 2 hours or less, because I have a good appetite, so why not do? I already get enough protein and calories for my needs.

In the past I had up to 8-9 meals a day (some of meals were oats mixed with protein powder and water), but I only gained fat and my liver values getting bad.

This is what I thought.
So let’s say in my case eating every 3 hours, but hungry 1.5 hours after? Eat again? Or wait until 3 hours to maximize protein synthesis?
I never eat more than every 2 hours, generally after about 2 hours my blood sugar drops to a level similar to the one in the morning, i.e. 70-85 and then I know that I can easily eat the next meal because my body is ready for it

I never eat more than every 2 hours, generally after about 2 hours my blood sugar drops to a level similar to the one in the morning, i.e. 70-85 and then I know that I can easily eat the next meal because my body is ready for it
This is good information. So if BG is not dropping in 3 hours post meal to sub 90....would you say this is the MAJOR FOCUS for the bodybuilder to improve? He then needs to go on a cutting diet and resensitize to insulin? Whether or not his long term goal is mass gaining.

This is good information. So if BG is not dropping in 3 hours post meal to sub 90....would you say this is the MAJOR FOCUS for the bodybuilder to improve? He then needs to go on a cutting diet and resensitize to insulin? Whether or not his long term goal is mass gaining.
No need to complicate things. It takes about 4 hours for the food to get digested and moving through the intestines.

If you're getting hungry before your next meal maybe you should make your meals a bit bigger.

No need to complicate things. It takes about 4 hours for the food to get digested and moving through the intestines.

If you're getting hungry before your next meal maybe you should make your meals a bit bigger.
I dunno man, it’s not super complicated to track BG at t+2 hours and t+3 hours post meal. It literally takes 30 seconds. I’m curious what Luki thinks about if BG levels not dropping quick enough post meal...and whether this is the major indicator for when switch to cutting phase/restricted carbohydrates.

Then reduce (but not ELIMINATE?) insulin use during cutting phase?

I dunno man, it’s not super complicated to track BG at t+2 hours and t+3 hours post meal. It literally takes 30 seconds. I’m curious what Luki thinks about if BG levels not dropping quick enough post meal...and whether this is the major indicator for when switch to cutting phase/restricted carbohydrates.

Then reduce (but not ELIMINATE?) insulin use during cutting phase?
I would not exaggerate with excessive sugar control, my sugar drops so low because I have a lot of muscle mass, which is why my metabolism is very fast, but in most cases, post-meal sugar in the normal range, i.e. 90-140 will be ok, I would pay more attention to morning sugar and that was what followed. although if someone, for example, uses + 10iu gh and does not use insulin or mimetics such as berberine or metformin because the morning sugar will be shot up.

Regarding the use of insulin during cutting, I have already written many times that, in principle, I do not give up insulin even on the day of the competition.

This is what I thought.
Phil had me eating meals much smaller than I was used to. That will keep you hungry more often. If you're hungry just an hour or so after eating, then I'd increase calories for each meal to make them "last" you longer.

Also, eating every hour isn't conducive to living a normal life and working a job etc.

Phil had me eating meals much smaller than I was used to. That will keep you hungry more often. If you're hungry just an hour or so after eating, then I'd increase calories for each meal to make them "last" you longer.

Also, eating every hour isn't conducive to living a normal life and working a job etc.
I dont understand how people can't use common sense.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear