over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Crypto Miners once again responsible for shortage of Nvidia GPUs

man its hard for you to take a hint isn't it? Nobody gives a shit about video cards on a bodybuilding/drug site. This thread is literally you just bitching to yourself about the issue. Find a computer forum dude.
There are a few that care about it, some posted on here. What difference is it to you? Why do you try to be a pain in my side and follow me around. Find a life DUDE! LOL. Youre pathetic. This is the computer forum on here.

Matsuo must have the hots for me. He follows me around on here. Find the proper forum for that stuff. I have no interest in you.

Chip shortages affecting lots of products, Ford stopping production of their biggest seller, the F 150. They are already storing thousands of them at the Kentucky Speedway because they all need chips.

"The chip shortage continues to strain not only carmakers, but car buyers. Prices for new vehicles continue to soar, and more often, buyers are ready to pay over the MSRP to take home a vehicle. That's led more people to search for a used vehicle, propelling preowned prices upward, too. As for when the supply chain will return to some normalcy, it may not be until 2022. However, Ford has said things will start to look better come the fall."

Chip shortages affecting lots of products, Ford stopping production of their biggest seller, the F 150. They are already storing thousands of them at the Kentucky Speedway because they all need chips.

"The chip shortage continues to strain not only carmakers, but car buyers. Prices for new vehicles continue to soar, and more often, buyers are ready to pay over the MSRP to take home a vehicle. That's led more people to search for a used vehicle, propelling preowned prices upward, too. As for when the supply chain will return to some normalcy, it may not be until 2022. However, Ford has said things will start to look better come the fall."

Youre pretty bullish on these GPUs. Are you building a rig? I've considered just buying a hobby mining rig. BTC just got a $30k (50% drop) haircut on that Tesla news but it's still $35k+/coin. Then again, I have a rule about catching falling knives. I don't have the room for anything bigger than a single rig. It's like having a washer/dryer running 24/7. Like I said before in this thread, the carbon footprint from the equipment and power usages makes these coins almost a break-even deal. ETH may be a more profitable currency but the sun is setting on ETH mining. The GPU and PSU shortages are not the end of the world. It's just ridiculous demand right now. That should settle in a few months. I was checking on the Whatsminer M31S for BTC.

Youre pretty bullish on these GPUs. Are you building a rig? I've considered just buying a hobby mining rig. BTC just got a $30k (50% drop) haircut on that Tesla news but it's still $35k+/coin. Then again, I have a rule about catching falling knives. I don't have the room for anything bigger than a single rig. It's like having a washer/dryer running 24/7. Like I said before in this thread, the carbon footprint from the equipment and power usages makes these coins almost a break-even deal. ETH may be a more profitable currency but the sun is setting on ETH mining. The GPU and PSU shortages are not the end of the world. It's just ridiculous demand right now. That should settle in a few months. I was checking on the Whatsminer M31S for BTC.
I'd like to build a new gaming pc, but the gpus are impossible to find unless you go on Amazon a d pay 2x retail. I'm going to get a 3090, and they are selling on Amazon for $4200 plus each. Crazy. The most it should be is about $2400 max.

It's been this way since they came out last year. It's been out since around September and retail should be more like $1500. So prices now are 3x.

It's just like lumber prices. Lumber is up 3x now. So a $5000 deck will be $15000 now. People I know wanting to do home projects have put them on hold. Prices on so many things are out of whack now because of the supply problem due to covid.

We want to build a new home, but you'd have to be stupid to build now. Lumber alone has driven up the price of the average new home by $45,000. This is stuff you don't realize until you try to do it. If you're not looking to build a house or gaming pc, everything is just fine. The price on a home we want to build is inflated more than $100,000. I talked to several builders and they all confirmed the crazy pricing. Existing home prices are up too, but new prices are up more than $1000,000 over even that. It's a very very bad time to build.

So for now it's a waiting game. Waiting until things get corrected. Patience! With my heart problems, I'd like not to wait too long because I don't know how much time I have. I've got a bit more urgency than most.

Just frustrating for millions of people like me that have things we want to build but can't. With homes, I'm hoping interest rates go up soon and force more people out of the market. That will bring down demand more and prices. Supply of materials and labor hopefully get back to normal. Finding the craftsman to build a home is a huge problem now as well. You just can't find enough. Many problems building a home.

A recession may very well be on its way too, and that will bring down the price of building a new home. Should affect all pricing. We made out great back in 2008 when we built this home.

Some news. Nvidia just added ti variants to their 3000 series lineup. $1200 for the 3080ti, its $300 less than the 3090.

The new cards are made to not work so well for mining etherium.

"According to XDA Developers, the recent changes made to the chip works against miners by halving the hash rate."

Getting ahold of any of them is going to be hard. Scalpers will love them.

News on the 4000 series, and the arrival of a new cryptomining processor by Nvidia later this year. Hopefully that new processor will decrease sales of the gaming cards to miners. This new one should perform better for that purpose and cost less.

With the chip shortages and insane prices, I finally gave up on the dream of building a new gaming PC, and just went with a gaming laptop with an RTX3060 that I picked up a few months ago. Of course it will never be as robust as a proper desktop, but I don't have a lot of time to game anymore with work, so it will run everything I'm interested in playing for now.

Shame that cryptomining has led to such astronomical demand and ongoing shortage of GPUs.

With the chip shortages and insane prices, I finally gave up on the dream of building a new gaming PC, and just went with a gaming laptop with an RTX3060 that I picked up a few months ago. Of course it will never be as robust as a proper desktop, but I don't have a lot of time to game anymore with work, so it will run everything I'm interested in playing for now.

Shame that cryptomining has led to such astronomical demand and ongoing shortage of GPUs.
Yeah, prices are high for sure. Its mainly I think caused by a shortage of chips. You can see it in building new cars too. Down in Kentucky one automaker was using the speedway to store hundreds or more of new trucks that they couldnt put on the road because they cant get in the chips. Places like Ford and Subaru are shutting down the factories for a week, on a regular basis. I know people that work there. I guess it is covid related, but not sure why its so hard to manufacture the chips now.

I managed to buy a new rtx 3080 ti GPU at a store by getting on a drawing they have during the mornings. Its a random drawing and I won the right to buy one. Got lucky. I still had to pay $1800 for it, and it should have cost more like $1200. I was hoping to get a rtx 3090, but they didnt have any in that day. I figured I better get what I can. The GPU does not dissapoint! I had the store build me a whole new PC, so I should be set for the next 4 or 5 years. I can see maybe upgrading to a 4000 series GPU when they come out, as long as its not still like this. If I can just walk in to the store and buy it like in the old days, and for a more reasonable price.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131