advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has anyone tried the DC advanced split he posted on Instagram?

@DOGGCRAPP

hey brother, how do we progressive overload the middle delt?

my problem is, my anterior delt is very good, so OHP seems like a backwards step to balance my shoulders. But when trying to RP and progress on Db laterals, it seems you can always progress by a little more body English or cutting ROM

I guess I’m asking everyone is there other very good middle delt exercises you can lock into and keep tension on the middle delt and logbook?

or just make sure to hit 3-5 sets to true failure and not keep up with reps like we would do on a hammer press?

I know that was directed at Dante, but I like wide-grip upright rows. On an Olympic barbell that's ring finger around the groove, thumbless grip.

@DOGGCRAPP

hey brother, how do we progressive overload the middle delt?

my problem is, my anterior delt is very good, so OHP seems like a backwards step to balance my shoulders. But when trying to RP and progress on Db laterals, it seems you can always progress by a little more body English or cutting ROM

I guess I’m asking everyone is there other very good middle delt exercises you can lock into and keep tension on the middle delt and logbook?

or just make sure to hit 3-5 sets to true failure and not keep up with reps like we would do on a hammer press?
Seated side lateral raise machine. Bomb away on that RP for 25 total reps until the weight get super heavy and the reps come down and you’ll have good middle delts

I’ve used this split off and on since he originally posted it. I love it. Recently I’ve been mashing some of the days together to make it fit into a 4 day per week schedule, just because my work/life schedule was making it hard to get in to the gym 5 days. It’s not as good that way though because the workouts take a good bit longer and as a result I feel like I’m not recovering as well. Starting back to the original 5 day schedule next week. Only change I will make is doing bi’s and tri’s together one one day and moving rear delts in with shoulders (and add a trap movement on that day)

I just started doing this split again on Monday and am remembering why I liked it. Had two really good workouts so far

I’m doing this split, I just make a few tweaks, I moved one of the quad movements to the back day, and moved one back movement to bicep day so it looks like

Chest 3 sets/tricep 1
Bicep 2/back 1
Quads 3/hams 2
Off
Shoulders 3/triceps 3
Back 2/quad 1/bicep1 (one of the back movement is deads
Off

So shoulders/ arms hit hard 2x, then legs get a touch up so like 1.5x a week
Off. Edit: and yes the back and leg day is a little tough.

Dante Trudel aka DC posted about 2 years ago. Wondering if anyone has tried it. And if so, results?

Sunday: chest 3-4 exercises (and you work one key exercise on shoulders or triceps on this day if those bodyparts are weak)

Monday: Biceps 2 exercises, Forearms 1 exercise, abs 1 exercise, rear delts 1 exercise, calves 1 exercise (and you work one exercise for back only if you have a serious weakness there)

Tuesday: hams 2 exercises quads 2-3 exercises

Wenesday: off
Thursday: shoulders 3 exercises triceps 3 exercises (and you work one exercise for chest if your chest is a weak bodypart)

Friday: Back width 2 exercises and Back thickness 2 exercises, calves 1 exercise, abs 1 exercise (and you work one exercise for biceps if thats a weak bodypart)

Saturday off.

In the above scenario if someone had weak arms (biceps and triceps sucked) his chest day and back days would look like this

first chest exercise progressive warmups to all out set rest paused
second chest exercise progressive warmups to all out set rest paused
third chest exercise progressive warmups to all out straight set
Maybe forth chest exercise progressive warmups to all out straight set
then because he has weak triceps he would bomb away on a key tricep exercise..lets say assisted dips machine for 25 reps rest paused after warmups

Monday would look like this because his back isnt weak
Biceps 2-3 exercises one or two restpaused in there with the other straight setted Forearms (some sort of reverse curl straight set)
abs one exercise
rear delts one exercise rest paused or straight setted
calves one exercise
no back because his back isnt weak

Tuesday: hams quads (2 exercises for hams one being rest paused), (3 exercises for quads..very hard to rest pause quads)

Thursday: shoulders 3 exercises triceps 3 exercises (and you work one exercise for chest if your chest is a weak bodypart)

Friday: Back width 2 exercises and Back thickness 2 exercises, calves 1 exercise, abs 1 exercise (and you work one exercise for biceps if thats a weak bodypart)

Saturday off.

In the above scenario if someone had weak arms (biceps and triceps sucked) his chest day and back days would look like this

then because he has weak triceps he would bomb away on a key tricep exercise..lets say assisted dips machine for 25 reps rest paused after warmups

Biceps 2-3 exercises one or two restpaused in there with the other straight setted Forearms (some sort of reverse curl straight set)
abs one exercise
calves one exercise

Tuesday: hams quads (2 exercises for hams one being rest paused), (3 exercises for quads..very hard to rest pause quads)

Thursday: shoulders (3 exercises a couple of them rest paused) triceps (3 exercises a couple of them rest paused) no chest because chest isnt a weak bodypart for him

Friday: Back width and Back thickness (4 exercises 2 for back width and 2 for back thickness...the back width ones are rest paused (and because his biceps are a weak bodypart he hits a very key exercise at the end of his back workout for biceps that is rest paused after warmups)...and abs and calves one exercise each

Saturday off.

short workouts..heavy slag iron for reps...bodyparts that are weak are hit 2x a week
My arms are very overpowering, where even my back looks non existing when hitting a back Db bi. How would I program this as I see there is 2 days in there where Triceps get worked out.

My arms are very overpowering, where even my back looks non existing when hitting a back Db bi. How would I program this as I see there is 2 days in there where Triceps get worked out.
Drop the tricep exercise on Sunday and maybe only due 1-2 exercises for triceps on Wednesday

Dante Trudel aka DC posted about 2 years ago. Wondering if anyone has tried it. And if so, results?

Sunday: chest 3-4 exercises (and you work one key exercise on shoulders or triceps on this day if those bodyparts are weak)

Monday: Biceps 2 exercises, Forearms 1 exercise, abs 1 exercise, rear delts 1 exercise, calves 1 exercise (and you work one exercise for back only if you have a serious weakness there)

Tuesday: hams 2 exercises quads 2-3 exercises

Saturday off.

abs one exercise
calves one exercise

Saturday off.

abs one exercise
calves one exercise

Thursday: shoulders (3 exercises a couple of them rest paused) triceps (3 exercises a couple of them rest paused) no chest because chest isnt a weak bodypart for him

Friday: Back width and Back thickness (4 exercises 2 for back width and 2 for back thickness...the back width ones are rest paused (and because his biceps are a weak bodypart he hits a very key exercise at the end of his back workout for biceps that is rest paused after warmups)...and abs and calves one exercise each

Saturday off.

short workouts..heavy slag iron for reps...bodyparts that are weak are hit 2x a week

@DOGGCRAPP are the 1 exercise let’s say on Day 1 for shoulders/tris the same as exercises done on day 5 for shoulders/tris or should it be different exercise?
I’m curious as I’m about to try this out.

@DOGGCRAPP are the 1 exercise let’s say on Day 1 for shoulders/tris the same as exercises done on day 5 for shoulders/tris or should it be different exercise?
He has stated you stick with the same exercises until they stall out. There’s no rotation on this like there is with regular dc

actually yes the exercise on day one is different than day 5 but on day one its only one key exercise that you feel strongly about....day 5 is full shoulder workout. But as heavy hitter said, you dont rotate thru 3-4 exercises on this split...you stay with the exercises and eke everything you can out of them until you are done with them and switch to new ones....but yes i would prefer the 1 exercise days on bodyparts hit 2x a week to be a different exercise than the full bodypart workout

actually yes the exercise on day one is different than day 5 but on day one its only one key exercise that you feel strongly about....day 5 is full shoulder workout. But as heavy hitter said, you dont rotate thru 3-4 exercises on this split...you stay with the exercises and eke everything you can out of them until you are done with them and switch to new ones....but yes i would prefer the 1 exercise days on bodyparts hit 2x a week to be a different exercise than the full bodypart workout

Thank you for your response @DOGGCRAPP

I figured it was a different one to add in something different and hit it from a different angle!

This thread got me into looking into the 2 way split. Does anyone know if upright rows are a reccomended shoulder exercise? I have seen different lists of suggested exercises that include them and that do not. I want to try the program as written (for older guys) but noticed there isn't any side delt work and shoulder exercises are typically presses.

I guess some rear delt work and cuff work could be included as a warmup before you start your heavy rp sets?

As someone who has likely been overtraining for the past month (not due to crazy volume but lack of sleep and increased job stress added to my normal weekly volume) I think DC training would be a good program for me to run for a while.

This thread got me into looking into the 2 way split. Does anyone know if upright rows are a reccomended shoulder exercise? I have seen different lists of suggested exercises that include them and that do not. I want to try the program as written (for older guys) but noticed there isn't any side delt work and shoulder exercises are typically presses.

I guess some rear delt work and cuff work could be included as a warmup before you start your heavy rp sets?

As someone who has likely been overtraining for the past month (not due to crazy volume but lack of sleep and increased job stress added to my normal weekly volume) I think DC training would be a good program for me to run for a while.
The two way split is great and can put on a lot of size. Because of the frequency and volume the way it’s set up you really do want all the shoulder movements to be pressing movements. If you need more specialized work the 3 way split would be what you want as you can work in things like laterals.
It’s basically a push pull legs on a m/t/t/f split. So push, pull, legs, push is week one, next week will be pull, legs, push, pull and so on.
On the 3 way you have a major compound move for each body part that you rest pause, and then depending on if a bodypart is a weakness you would do another rest pause set, or straight sets if it’s not a weak point.

I don't see why upright rows couldn't be used. If they don't bother you. I rotate those and shoulder press using the squat machine on the 2 way.

I don't see why upright rows couldn't be used. If they don't bother you. I rotate those and shoulder press using the squat machine on the 2 way.
I feel like the upright row is a poor and possibly dangerous exercise selection due to the constant progressive nature of the program. If you got up to some really heavy weights on these you’re gonna start beating up your shoulders. If you do attempt to use them, do them in a much higher rep range like 25-30 to avoid this as much as possible

I feel like the upright row is a poor and possibly dangerous exercise selection due to the constant progressive nature of the program. If you got up to some really heavy weights on these you’re gonna start beating up your shoulders. If you do attempt to use them, do them in a much higher rep range like 25-30 to avoid this as much as possible
Absolutely agree...Ive seen a lot of bodybuilders over the years really mess up their acromioclavicular joint with heavier and heavier upright rows (especially if they do them on a smith machine)....I would high rep those too as HH said

thank you guys good feedback. I was actually planning on doing them on the cables, with the rope. it is something I saw Jeff nipped do. I know they are not ideal and as easy to add massive strength gains to as say OH press, Hammer OH press, but it would be a new exercise for me so I feel like I can make progress in the weight used for a while.

So I would still have for my shoulder erercises, hammer machine should press, OH press, then the upright cable rows. So I still have 3 exercises I can get stronger at for a while (the rows being good because they are new so I assume strength gains will be pretty good as I learn the movement and make those beginner gains on that particular exercise).

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear