over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Numb hands - no GH, and not watery

hawkmoon

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hi all, this has been a bother for several years and seems to get worse with age.

My hands become numb and my fingers tingle fairly quickly when my hands are above my elbows, i.e less than a right angle to my upper arms.
If I drop my hands it will clear quickly, almost as if there is a blood flow restriction.

This is is more irritating now as I have been working from home since Feb 2020 and I don't have the adjustable desk and chair I have in the office.

I'm not on GH, and not watery at all. I don't think it is CTS, but my mother did have a CTS operation, though at 74.
According to DNA reports I might have issues with B12, so I am supplementing more systematically (daily methyl b12 sublingual, 3000mcg) and considering injectable.

Does anyone have similar issues and mitigated or resolved them effectively?

CTS would be my first guess if your work ergonomics have changed for the worse.
My second guess would be cervical impingement at C5-C6 but typically that results in
only one side having symptoms?

CTS would be my first guess if your work ergonomics have changed for the worse.
My second guess would be cervical impingement at C5-C6 but typically that results in
only one side having symptoms?
Thanks. I had an impingement on the left that resolved a few years ago. That affected the pinky and ring finger of the left hand.

Would CTS resolve so quickly with moving my hands? Just a moment ago I was typing with my laptop on the sofa and my hands were a bit high - sure enough, they started going numb. Dropped them to rest on the sofa cushion and the numbness went away in about 20-30 seconds.

Maybe I should be considering CTS more, as something else would be more worrisome.

When your hands are numb can you try finding your collarbone and digging under a little and putting some outward pressure on it? Hard to explain that but if your numbness starts from pinky toward rest of hand it might be the nerve under the collarbone there in the shoulder. Moving your collarbone like a tiny amount with pressure is enough to
Relieve numbness for me.

It’s like an “adjustment”

I think it’s because you’re exceeding your natural musculature for your bones, stuff is squeezed in too tight basically.

When your hands are numb can you try finding your collarbone and digging under a little and putting some outward pressure on it? Hard to explain that but if your numbness starts from pinky toward rest of hand it might be the nerve under the collarbone there in the shoulder. Moving your collarbone like a tiny amount with pressure is enough to
Relieve numbness for me.

It’s like an “adjustment”

I think it’s because you’re exceeding your natural musculature for your bones, stuff is squeezed in too tight basically.

It's all my fingers now, the vertebrae compression issue went away a few years ago (fortunately). I'll try that move though anyway, tnx.

I think in general you are right though about compression in general. My GP decades ago who supported me while I was young and committed - including running gear - was always worried about nerve compression, as he saw it on a lot of larger football players.

I have always wondered if my arms are maybe just big enough (small to me, but...) to cause compression at the elbow when flexed.

Is your work station at home set up ideally/ergonomically?
I'm guessing you didn't have this issue when you were working
at the office? Any way to replicate your office work set up at home?
Proper chair (lumbar support), desk/computer screen height. Ergo keyboard etc.?

Is your work station at home set up ideally/ergonomically?
I'm guessing you didn't have this issue when you were working
at the office? Any way to replicate your office work set up at home?
Proper chair (lumbar support), desk/computer screen height. Ergo keyboard etc.?
Unfortunately, it's the dining (all meals really) table, fixed height. My chair is just a wooden fixed back chair with some seat padding - all IKEA.
One of the downsides of Tokyo life is no space.

I did get numb hands at work though sometimes and would hang my arms straight down for a while to recover.

Hi all, this has been a bother for several years and seems to get worse with age.

My hands become numb and my fingers tingle fairly quickly when my hands are above my elbows, i.e less than a right angle to my upper arms.
If I drop my hands it will clear quickly, almost as if there is a blood flow restriction.

This is is more irritating now as I have been working from home since Feb 2020 and I don't have the adjustable desk and chair I have in the office.

I'm not on GH, and not watery at all. I don't think it is CTS, but my mother did have a CTS operation, though at 74.
According to DNA reports I might have issues with B12, so I am supplementing more systematically (daily methyl b12 sublingual, 3000mcg) and considering injectable.

Does anyone have similar issues and mitigated or resolved them effectively?
Numbness and tingling normally guides you to nephropathy especially when related to arms, neck, lumber... If your get symptoms when using your phone when you hold the phone to your ear then I would say it is an elbow pinched nerve, neck disk compression, or inflammation.

Table fixed height with you pushing your elbows into the table could cause pressure to pinch the elbows nerves. Which would cause your numbness and tingling.

With your history it sounds like you are a more in depth case...

Your symptoms sound like classic CTS but I'm no doc. Just a lowly RN:)
Creating a more user friendly work environment at home wouldn't hurt.

Numbness and tingling normally guides you to nephropathy especially when related to arms, neck, lumber... If your get symptoms when using your phone when you hold the phone to your ear then I would say it is an elbow pinched nerve, neck disk compression, or inflammation.

Table fixed height with you pushing your elbows into the table could cause pressure to pinch the elbows nerves. Which would cause your numbness and tingling.

With your history it sounds like you are a more in depth case...
Fortunately I almost never (maybe 2-3x a year) speak on the phone, but the few times I have I get tingling quite quickly.

Your symptoms sound like classic CTS but I'm no doc. Just a lowly RN:)
Creating a more user friendly work environment at home wouldn't hurt.

You know more than me, and that's what's important ;)

Fortunately I almost never (maybe 2-3x a year) speak on the phone, but the few times I have I get tingling quite quickly.
That is awesome that you don't have to use the phone very much. I have to everyday. The neurologist told me I had a pinch nerve in my elbow. My CT did not show this. I think the Ulnar nerve he said was getting pinched. It begin with a U... I got put in rehab for 12 weeks and it made it go away. I don't have the problems anymore..

That is awesome that you don't have to use the phone very much. I have to everyday. The neurologist told me I had a pinch nerve in my elbow. My CT did not show this. I think the Ulnar nerve he said was getting pinched. It begin with a U... I got put in rehab for 12 weeks and it made it go away. I don't have the problems anymore..
Yeah, thats the "funny bone" nerve and is a common problem. Its the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread.

maxresdefault.jpg

Take a look at this map of the hands. It shows where the each never innervates. Where your pain and numbness is can give information as to what neve is being compressed/some sort of problem with it.

Median-nerve-ulnar-nerve-radial-nerve-innervation-area-in-hand.jpg

Take a look at this map of the hands. It shows where the each never innervates. Where your pain and numbness is can give information as to what neve is being compressed/some sort of problem with it.

Median-nerve-ulnar-nerve-radial-nerve-innervation-area-in-hand.jpg
That's the thing. When I had vertebrae compression it was clearly affecting the ulnar nerve. In this more general case it's my whole hand equally - and both hand equally as well

That's the thing. When I had vertebrae compression it was clearly affecting the ulnar nerve. In this more general case it's my whole hand equally - and both hand equally as well
Are you getting a tingling feeling similar to how it feels when your arm falls asleep? It could be a blood flow problem.

Sounds like Thoracic outlet syndrome. There are many tests but one of them is raising arms up in a field goal posture. Then therapist checks radial pulse and symptoms. The brachial plexus can get entrapped in 5 areas, some nerves and venous structures.

Sounds like Thoracic outlet syndrome. There are many tests but one of them is raising arms up in a field goal posture. Then therapist checks radial pulse and symptoms. The brachial plexus can get entrapped in 5 areas, some nerves and venous structures.
I think in those cases that there are symptoms in the upper arm as well ?Hawkmoon seems to be having it mostly in just the hands. I though about the brachial plexus as well. Brachial plexus makes sense though since it's the whole hand.

I think in those cases that there are symptoms in the upper arm as well ?Hawkmoon seems to be having it mostly in just the hands. I though about the brachial plexus as well. Brachial plexus makes sense though since it's the whole hand.
Nope actually it’s always in wrist and hands 99% of the time. Usually mistaken for carpel tunnel. The nerves in innervate everything below. It’s like a lumbar disc issue impinging nerves. 99% if the time can be in butt, usually behind the the knee and foot.

Nope actually it’s always in wrist and hands 99% of the time. Usually mistaken for carpel tunnel. The nerves in innervate everything below. It’s like a lumbar disc issue impinging nerves. 99% if the time can be in butt, usually behind the the knee and foot.
Ok, then it makes perfect sense since his whole hand is experiencing symptoms. I figured there might be some symptoms in the upper arm or forearm in a lot of cases. I studied this in gross anatomy, but it was back in 1994! I never use the knowledge, so it's mostly lost now.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws