over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Digestion

slesh

Registered
Yo dudes,

Looking for some help with digestion. I’ve seriously upped my caloric intake over the last month and I’m getting some nasty mid day poops. Hate to be graphic, but it’s not full on diareah but it’s also not as clean as my morning probiotic poo. I usually drink one cup of black coffee in the morning and then one Monster before the gym around noon. Obviously that will contribute to a quick evacuation but it’s happening hours later. Other than my probiotic should I be taking anything else? I believe my daily fiber intake is up there so I don’t believe this is the cause.

Aside from taking a probiotic you can add a little fresh pineapple , that can help with digestive issues in some people As well as adding some fermented foods , while some people say they are the same as taking a probiotic I've found it works much better.

what exactly did you do to increase the calorie intake??
if you added a different food or made a big change in macros that can sometimes trigger stomach upset

How much of a calorie increase are we talking, and what foods did you use to achieve this? Can you show us what a day of eating might look like for you?

Yo dudes,

Looking for some help with digestion. I’ve seriously upped my caloric intake over the last month and I’m getting some nasty mid day poops. Hate to be graphic, but it’s not full on diareah but it’s also not as clean as my morning probiotic poo. I usually drink one cup of black coffee in the morning and then one Monster before the gym around noon. Obviously that will contribute to a quick evacuation but it’s happening hours later. Other than my probiotic should I be taking anything else? I believe my daily fiber intake is up there so I don’t believe this is the cause.
If you're over 40 you should start doing colonoscopy. Usually that's how problems begin. Poor digestion, bad stool, etc...

How much of a calorie increase are we talking, and what foods did you use to achieve this? Can you show us what a day of eating might look like for you?
So I went from my maintenance of about 2200 to 3500 a day. Types of foods didn't change much just increased amounts, i.e. 4oz chicken to 8oz chicken. Typical day below.

Meal 1
2 cups oatmeal in almond milk
2 scoops of a whey isolate

Meal 2
8oz chicken thighs
1 cup of white rice
Hand full of spinach

Meal 3 - post workout
True Nutrition blend with Branched Cyclic Dextrin - macros are about 10f/25c/40p

Meal 4
Turkey meat balls - dark meat
2 cups of sweet potatoes

Meal 5
8oz ground chicken - mixed
2 cups of sweet potatoes
Hand full of spinach

Meal 6
8oz salmon
Some sort of pre mix salad pack from Whole Foods

Snacks
I usually get super high and eat a bag of Quest chips and a Power Crunch at night

If you're over 40 you should start doing colonoscopy. Usually that's how problems begin. Poor digestion, bad stool, etc...
I'm 35 but not a bad idea

I'm in the same boat right now, my digestion is fucked! I have diarrhea right now! I'm going to fast for 12-16 hours the next couple days the re-evaluate the situation. I have pretty much changed to a vertical diet to try and figure out what's causing the distress

So I went from my maintenance of about 2200 to 3500 a day. Types of foods didn't change much just increased amounts, i.e. 4oz chicken to 8oz chicken. Typical day below.

Meal 1
2 cups oatmeal in almond milk
2 scoops of a whey isolate

Meal 2
8oz chicken thighs
1 cup of white rice
Hand full of spinach

Meal 3 - post workout
True Nutrition blend with Branched Cyclic Dextrin - macros are about 10f/25c/40p

Meal 4
Turkey meat balls - dark meat
2 cups of sweet potatoes

Meal 5
8oz ground chicken - mixed
2 cups of sweet potatoes
Hand full of spinach

Meal 6
8oz salmon
Some sort of pre mix salad pack from Whole Foods

Snacks
I usually get super high and eat a bag of Quest chips and a Power Crunch at night
So we’re talking about basically a 50 percent increase in calories, pretty good jump. I don’t see any foods in here that are bad, but the oatmeal and sweet potatoes are standing out to me. These are both high fiber fodmap foods and having these in while increasing calories by a thousand could definitely lead to some stomach issues. I would start by adding in a good quality digestive enzyme and some fermented foods like kimchi. Secondly, I’m betting there’s a good amount of sugar alcohol in the power crunch and quest chips. This upsets most people’s stomach. I would start with the enzymes and see how it helps. If you need additional relief replace the artificial foods at the end of the night with Whole Foods(I know it’s hard when stoned). If that doesn’t fix things then I would swap out the oatmeal and/or sweet potatoes for lower fodmap easier to digest carbs like cream of rice, white potatoes, jasmine rice

I'm in the same boat right now, my digestion is fucked! I have diarrhea right now! I'm going to fast for 12-16 hours the next couple days the re-evaluate the situation. I have pretty much changed to a vertical diet to try and figure out what's causing the distress
There's a tip some of our older ancestors

Get two bags of black tea make yourself some lip turn whatever drink it

Part in that s*** right up 🤣

You make any diet changes?

So we’re talking about basically a 50 percent increase in calories, pretty good jump. I don’t see any foods in here that are bad, but the oatmeal and sweet potatoes are standing out to me. These are both high fiber fodmap foods and having these in while increasing calories by a thousand could definitely lead to some stomach issues. I would start by adding in a good quality digestive enzyme and some fermented foods like kimchi. Secondly, I’m betting there’s a good amount of sugar alcohol in the power crunch and quest chips. This upsets most people’s stomach. I would start with the enzymes and see how it helps. If you need additional relief replace the artificial foods at the end of the night with Whole Foods(I know it’s hard when stoned). If that doesn’t fix things then I would swap out the oatmeal and/or sweet potatoes for lower fodmap easier to digest carbs like cream of rice, white potatoes, jasmine rice
This is great. Very interesting since I would never think clean foods like oatmeal and sweet potatoes could contribute to bad poops. I also love kimchi so no issue introducing that. Thank you!

Quest stuff will mess you up. Also Spinach is high in histamine. I can eat it for a while but it will start messing with my stomach.

This is great. Very interesting since I would never think clean foods like oatmeal and sweet potatoes could contribute to bad poops. I also love kimchi so no issue introducing that. Thank you!
I can’t eat oatmeal at all. It keeps me full for 6 plus hours. But two cups of jasmine rice digests in one to two hours

You make any diet changes?
No, right now I'm just going to try and eliminate some things one at a time and see if I can solve it. I thought it might be oatmeal but it's not that, so next is eliminate faye yogurt and see what happens.

If you’re trying to keep veggie content up with the sweet potatoes and spinach, lower fodmap choices like green beans, carrots, and peppers might be better choices. If these changes aren’t enough I’d start with introducing betaine hcl. Also, magnesium helps with spasms and proper function of the bowels so make sure you’re getting enough

If you’re trying to keep veggie content up with the sweet potatoes and spinach, lower fodmap choices like green beans, carrots, and peppers might be better choices. If these changes aren’t enough I’d start with introducing betaine hcl. Also, magnesium helps with spasms and proper function of the bowels so make sure you’re getting enough
My veggies are down to spinach, green, yellow, and red peppers, baby carrots.

My veggies are down to spinach, green, yellow, and red peppers, baby carrots.
Ya those are Stan’s favorites and the ones that work best for me. I leave out the spinach however. For some reason I can’t digest any sort of leafy greens. They go through me completely whole and give me loose stools. But I eat TONS of all 3 colored peppers; poblano peppers, and baby carrots

You can also try HCL during meals to increase stomach acid. I could not pin point my root cause so I got a Cyrex Food Intolerance test done. Pretty eye opening when you see which foods give you an immune response. Beef was an everyday food but now I eat sparingly. Same with salads. Next up is a GI MAP, looking for pathogens.

Do you use any sort of digestive enzyme?you mentioned maybe developing a sensitivity to the fage yogurt. It could be a lactose issue. Besides Asians African Americans have the highest incidence of lactose intolerance. Some yogurts are more fermented than others and as such more of the lactose is digested and gone. So it could be just the brand or it could be dairy in general catching up to you. A digestive enzyme containing lactose might be a big help

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws