over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Digestion

Do you use any sort of digestive enzyme?you mentioned maybe developing a sensitivity to the fage yogurt. It could be a lactose issue. Besides Asians African Americans have the highest incidence of lactose intolerance. Some yogurts are more fermented than others and as such more of the lactose is digested and gone. So it could be just the brand or it could be dairy in general catching up to you
Yes I take digestive enzymes, and yes I'm lactose intolerant but I can handle SOME dairy, yogurt I have been eating post workout for 3 years straight now, so it hard for me to believe that it's the faye? I will figure this shit out! I somehow always do, it's just frustrating not being able to eat like I want to.

I know what you mean.
Yes I take digestive enzymes, and yes I'm lactose intolerant but I can handle SOME dairy, yogurt I have been eating post workout for 3 years straight now, so it hard for me to believe that it's the faye? I will figure this shit out! I somehow always do, it's just frustrating not being able to eat like I want to.
New things pop up all the time that bother my digestion. I find sometimes that if I eat any foods for a long enough time that it starts to bother my digestion. Like recently it seemed more and more like chicken was taking me forever to digest, so I swapped it out for salmon and pasteurized eggs and have felt much better. I’ve just started incorporating more chicken back in and it seems to be going well

Raw honey helps me. It’s a natural source of digestive enzymes. If you are sensitive to fructose then might not be for you. I drink it straight from the gallon. It never bothers me. Get it from a bee farmer not the store.

Raw honey helps me. It’s a natural source of digestive enzymes. If you are sensitive to fructose then might not be for you. I drink it straight from the gallon. It never bothers me. Get it from a bee farmer not the store.
Manuka honey in particular is supposed to be very good for the digestive tract

Several things that have helped me are below.
  • Glutamine really helps
  • Caffeine bothers me. Even at one cup of coffee a day. If you're doing coffee and a Monster, and that's not new to you, that might be it
  • Bacillus coagulans. Game-changer for me. Also helps w/ protein absorption. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6208742/
  • If not calorie-restricted, use fruits rather than veggies, particularly high FODMAP veggies. Apples, pineapples, strawberries, all are good
  • prebiotics are key. Ensure your fiber intake is solid. Sweet spot for me is 15-30 grams
Hope some of the above helps.

I'm in the same boat right now, my digestion is fucked! I have diarrhea right now! I'm going to fast for 12-16 hours the next couple days the re-evaluate the situation. I have pretty much changed to a vertical diet to try and figure out what's causing the distress

I can not eat excessive carbs anymore. I can eat higher fats and proteins, but if I bump up the carbs, I will get the craps too.

Meal 1
2 cups oatmeal in almond milk
2 scoops of a whey isolate

Snacks

I usually get super high and eat a bag of Quest chips and a Power Crunch at night

I will speak for myself but there is not a chance in hell i would eat 2 cups of oatmeal at a time. I use to be fine with oats and then randomly they started absolutely wrecking me. Ran some trials on myself and would eliminate for a day completely and be 100% ok. Then would try and work it out where im only doing a serving at a time in like a shake, same damn lower abdomen pressure. Im almost positive i just cant do oats anymore which really only sucks in a calorie deficit because f having oats in a bulk anyways. I dont know if buying a different kind would help but just havent felt the need to try them.

Also in regards to protein bars, thats a big no for me. Them fake sugars/sugar alchols absolutely destroy me. Never fails, road trips and get quick bars at the gas station and be in pain with unbelievable gas.

I will speak for myself but there is not a chance in hell i would eat 2 cups of oatmeal at a time. I use to be fine with oats and then randomly they started absolutely wrecking me. Ran some trials on myself and would eliminate for a day completely and be 100% ok. Then would try and work it out where im only doing a serving at a time in like a shake, same damn lower abdomen pressure. Im almost positive i just cant do oats anymore which really only sucks in a calorie deficit because f having oats in a bulk anyways. I dont know if buying a different kind would help but just havent felt the need to try them.

Also in regards to protein bars, thats a big no for me. Them fake sugars/sugar alchols absolutely destroy me. Never fails, road trips and get quick bars at the gas station and be in pain with unbelievable gas.
So crazy, I always thought oatmeal was one of the "superfoods" of bodybuilding. Switched to cream of rice this morning with a tablespoon of agave and a few raisins; was delish.

Side note: Power Crunch doesn't have sugar alcohol but I get your point.

I can not eat excessive carbs anymore. I can eat higher fats and proteins, but if I bump up the carbs, I will get the craps too.
Not to get too graphic but I did a stupid cheat meal about six months ago where I ate a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts over a few hour span and I got dumping syndrome which I thought was a joke until my boy who is a NP sent me some info. Apparently if you're not used to a ton of carbs on a regular basis and then eating an excessive amount can cause the intestines to fill up with water and then dump it out of you know where... I legit thought I was going to die. Almost went to the ER.

So crazy, I always thought oatmeal was one of the "superfoods" of bodybuilding. Switched to cream of rice this morning with a tablespoon of agave and a few raisins; was delish.

Side note: Power Crunch doesn't have sugar alcohol but I get your point.
Oatmeal is great if you can tolerate it. But the high fiber content and histamine content of oatmeal makes it a no go in large quantities for a lot of people

Oatmeal is great if you can tolerate it. But the high fiber content and histamine content of oatmeal makes it a no go in large quantities for a lot of people
Oatmeal,Spinach, tomato, and precooked meat and eggs after a few days all are high in histamine. Histamine rises slowly in the body. So you can tolerate these foods periodically. But not daily especially if you're allergic to pollen as well.

Oatmeal,Spinach, tomato, and precooked meat and eggs after a few days all are high in histamine. Histamine rises slowly in the body. So you can tolerate these foods periodically. But not daily especially if you're allergic to pollen as well.
Exactly. For me personally, I can’t even handle a half a cup of oatmeal. Mostly this is due to the fiber which aggravates my ibs, but lowering the amount of high histamine foods has definitely lessened my stomach contact. Diamine oxidase taken 15 minutes before meals has been helping as well

Exactly. For me personally, I can’t even handle a half a cup of oatmeal. Mostly this is due to the fiber which aggravates my ibs, but lowering the amount of high histamine foods has definitely lessened my stomach contact. Diamine oxidase taken 15 minutes before meals has been helping as well
Yeah, this is how I found out about it. I had a major flare up about 6 years ago and got diagnosed with IBS. IF diet helped a lot. But couldn't figure out why I could eat the same things for weeks and be OK. Even without the typical trigger foods. I'm about to try Diamine Oxidase. Because most antihistamines make me moody-angry.

Using Dr. Ohhira's probiotics (recommended by DanielTX), switching from regular hot brewed coffee to cold brew, and making white rice my main carb source has had a BIG positive effect on my digestion. I also use sugar-free Metamucil daily in order to get enough fiber.

I can't stress enough that if you are having any digestion/heartburn issues, do a colonoscopy and a Cat Scan. Trust me, those tests might even save your life. When I had my issues, they kept getting worse and worse until I ended up in the hospital, did both a cat scan and a colonoscopy, it revealed my whole intestines were inflamed. They put me on a drip anti biotics, and I became as good as new. No more issues. Also the colonoscopy might reveal polyps that needed to be removed. Those could turn cancerous.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws