advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Looking back. Was it really worth it? The health, money, time you spent in this game.

Yes

A lot of us got into this for a love for training

The look, and everything that comes from it is cool; but the 60-90 minutes spent in the gym are golden hours of the day. And very few people ever get to find something they like doing that much on a daily basis

So yes, most definitely worth it

Real simple..this game is what YOU make it.. if you do it unhealthy that's on you.. if you do it and go broke.. thats on you.. if you won't work because it interfere with your workouts that's on you.. I have heard all such things.. but ultimately it's all the person's decision.. I can name dozens of bodybuilders ( and many of them pros) that are successful on stage as off stage.. they own businesses.. own homes.. great family life.. the list goes on..
This endeavor takes 1 to 2 hours 4 days a week to be successful.. if you can't male life and job work around 8 total hours a week then it's on you and not bodybuilding.. eating ? Not hard.. you get breaks.. you scarf down a quick meal and move on.. again it's all time managment..
As for the health aspect.. you take your supplements for health before you take your anabolics. I have always said numerous times " if you can afford the supplements to keep you healthy you can't afford the anabolics ".. you also must know your limits.. no one is forcing you to inject the extra shit. It's on you.. you inject what your comfortable with. And if your a bit of a daredevil then be prepared for a possible bite on the ass..
Again.. its what YOU make it..

Bodybuilding/powerlifting has taught me discipline. As a teen I was constantly in trouble. If BBing hadn't come along when it did I'd either be in the military, in prison or dead...it's that simple. This hobby/sport taught me that nothing worth having comes easy. WORK YOUR ASS OFF! This life lesson has connected me to like minded individuals that shared my passion, drive. Good people with focus. Friends to this day. It filtered into my education. Pushed me to the top of my class and has served as a daily templet for the past 16 years as an RN, father and husband. The smell of the gym. The sound of plates clanging. The sweat on the floor. The grunts and groans of men & women pushing for a new PR. Take it away and it would be like ripping something out of me.

The shoulder surgeries. Gyno surgeries. Disc herniations. Joint/tendon tears. Months in Physical Therapy. Months (years) of dieting/stuffing my face every 2-3 hours. Time spent in the kitchen with meal prep. Contest prep and the mind fuck that comes with it. PED use and the legal implications. Long term damage to my HPTA which now requires lifetime TRT...it was ALL worth it!! It's been a rocky road but I'm a better human because of it.

I have been training for 25 years and I never regret it. It gives us order in life and I love it above all. If I stopped training, I would die. It's my life.

I am 38 and started lifting in 1998 around when Ronnie won his first Mr O. All my childhood I wanted to look like my WWF (now WWE) wrestling superstars with their cartoonish muscles and envied them because the girls chased them.

I was more of a flex magazine kind of guy until I picked up my first Muscular Development and couldn’t wait to get started on gear. Back then in the early 2000s we had a mindset that these are extremely safe compounds have been demonized by politicians and older guys like Arnold are still kicking ass so keep using as much as you like.

Now at 38 I am very lucky I did not get any severe health issues but I will be on cholesterol and blood pressure meds for the rest of my life along with small doses of testosterone since I won’t ever make a legitimate amount of testosterone naturally ever again.

I look back and I made great memories. I also spent an insane amount of money on drugs, food, supplements and luckily did not run into legal issues.

Now I look very much like a balding, fat, 38 year old man but I am much better off financially, drive a much nicer car, have a much nicer paid off house, have much better credit and I think in general even females want me for more than just a piece of meat to fuck like back in the days.

So looking back I ask myself was it really worth it and I’m not sure if the answer is such a huge YES like I would want it to be?

Do any of you gentlemen feel the same way?
Sounds like a cope thread.

Sure why not what else would I have done??🤣

It sounds like a lot of the decisions you made revolving around this weren’t good.

We’re a year apart, and started training within the same time frame. I’m still 260lbs, no cholesterol meds, VERY athletic, on a low dose of lisinopril, not broke, and life is great. My ups and downs are not related to my bodybuilding lifestyle.

Jobs, money, credit, cars, friends, and family are not decisions related to your bodybuilding lifestyle. Half of all bodybuilders seem to be more successful than the average guy, as most of us are internally motivated and driven.

Some people drink alcohol. Alcoholics spend all their money on alcohol.
Some people gamble a little. Some people bet their entire paycheck.

You just overspent your financial, social, and emotional states.

I only wish is that I could go back to even just 35 or 40 and take what I've learned and do it over. . In my time I got to see some of the greats up close and even train.. great memories. Just wish I could take everything I've learned and apply it at a earlier age.

It was more worth it than I ever imagined for two main reasons.

1) The key components to excel in bodybuilding - discipline, consistency, metal toughness, etc. - have helped in all other areas of my life. I'm more productive and successful because of them.

2) Building a standout physique has opened so many doors for me and given me experiences I once only dreamed of.

Vanity is a considerable part of this for me though I'd still go just as hard if nobody gave me any attention because my motivation is intrinsic. But it's very cool when you walk in somewhere and heads start turning to you.

I am 38 and started lifting in 1998 around when Ronnie won his first Mr O. All my childhood I wanted to look like my WWF (now WWE) wrestling superstars with their cartoonish muscles and envied them because the girls chased them.

I was more of a flex magazine kind of guy until I picked up my first Muscular Development and couldn’t wait to get started on gear. Back then in the early 2000s we had a mindset that these are extremely safe compounds have been demonized by politicians and older guys like Arnold are still kicking ass so keep using as much as you like.

Now at 38 I am very lucky I did not get any severe health issues but I will be on cholesterol and blood pressure meds for the rest of my life along with small doses of testosterone since I won’t ever make a legitimate amount of testosterone naturally ever again.

I look back and I made great memories. I also spent an insane amount of money on drugs, food, supplements and luckily did not run into legal issues.

Now I look very much like a balding, fat, 38 year old man but I am much better off financially, drive a much nicer car, have a much nicer paid off house, have much better credit and I think in general even females want me for more than just a piece of meat to fuck like back in the days.

So looking back I ask myself was it really worth it and I’m not sure if the answer is such a huge YES like I would want it to be?

Do any of you gentlemen feel the same way?
If you asked me 6 months ago I would have said hell no but now that im going to get back on trt and back to a cycle its worth it just be prepared if you start taking AAS to possibly have to be on trt for life. Everyone should be aware of the possibility of bad side effects which I've had some but I still love running gear.

Worldofroids.to
[email protected]

I only wish is that I could go back to even just 35 or 40 and take what I've learned and do it over. . In my time I got to see some of the greats up close and even train.. great memories. Just wish I could take everything I've learned and apply it at a earlier age.
You can
Vicariously through the younger generations that are here 👍

Needs a "Lats Life Lessons" thread

But just to add to it everybody said it before but there's a lot that comes with bodybuilding even taking care of yourself and those aspects help to improve who we are setting goals helps to improve who we are and that makes us a better person for those around us and for ourselves

You can
Vicariously through the younger generations that are here 👍

But just to add to it everybody said it before but there's a lot that comes with bodybuilding even taking care of yourself and those aspects help to improve who we are setting goals helps to improve who we are and that makes us a better person for those around us and for ourselves
Yeah.. I plan on starting a thread of just stating the mistakes I've made and what I've learned.. I started training at 14.. im 53 now. Lots of mistake 😕😉

Don't regret it. We all did this for the look and with that all that's comes with it.
The attention. The comments.. and most of all the women.
I could pull women without gear. Never was a problem. With gear it was like fishing in barrel. Not even funny. Not even a challenge.
In my early 30s, just starting my career, pockets full of cash, you couldn't tell me one thing. Had women for every day of the week. Sometimes enough for 2 a day.
Now pushing 50, my physique and just all around looks still allow me to pull... truth be told... I'm just tired of games and juggling. Just dealing with one female for now. And even then I don't feel like being bothered.
I'm primary guardian for my grandson now. I take him to the various kid spots around town. The single moms at these places are on the prowl and aggressive.
They're used to dad bod Brian. It's not common to see a middle aged man in such good shape.
No man boobz. Not even a lump for a stomach. Everything tight and right. I attribute my recent youthful physique to my consistent running the last 1.5 years.

Would I take tren even though it killed my hair? And none of my cousins on both sides are bald.
Yeah. I would do it again. Maybe smaller doses and for not as long. I think I ran tren for like 2yrs straight. Back in the early mid 2000s.
It was during that time I was fucking every female that gave me attention. Didn't care.
Fat.. ugly... whatever. You're female and spreading your legs, I'm going inside you.
Keep in mind. Not sloppy fat. But within reason.
I fucked females I met in the club right outside in my SUV. Hit the secretary in my office a few times. Plus many many many more stories....
All because of tren..
Nah.. don't regret it.

You can
Vicariously through the younger generations that are here

I second this thread

Don't regret it. We all did this for the look and with that all that's comes with it.
The attention. The comments.. and most of all the women.
I could pull women without gear. Never was a problem. With gear it was like fishing in barrel. Not even funny. Not even a challenge.
In my early 30s, just starting my career, pockets full of cash, you couldn't tell me one thing. Had women for every day of the week. Sometimes enough for 2 a day.
Now pushing 50, my physique and just all around looks still allow me to pull... truth be told... I'm just tired of games and juggling. Just dealing with one female for now. And even then I don't feel like being bothered.
I'm primary guardian for my grandson now. I take him to the various kid spots around town. The single moms at these places are on the prowl and aggressive.
They're used to dad bod Brian. It's not common to see a middle aged man in such good shape.
No man boobz. Not even a lump for a stomach. Everything tight and right. I attribute my recent youthful physique to my consistent running the last 1.5 years.
Especially with internet dating now. When I got divorced there was days when I was hooking up with 5-7 different women on a weekend

this lifestyle saved me and has made me more disciplined, courageous, motivated , etc which has applied to other areas of life . Everything about bodybuilding has helped me through life and emotional pain. I use my body as a way of control and aim to improve each day by manipulating various factors . I love the training and the euphoria of it. Yeah, we all start bodybuilding thinking it’s just to “look” good but we all know it becomes more than that. It becomes another reason why we get up in the am. I want to build a physique that continues getting better with time... for a long time , if I was forced to stop , I’d never talk badly about bodybuilding.

my question to you , op: Did you start for simple reasons without actually developing a love for training, diet, etc? Taking it to the extreme for a short term goal knowing you would stop? Because if you did truly love the lifestyle , you wouldn’t have left it. And I don’t mean aas either. There’s more to it than aas...

No regrets at all.

I think I'm better off having learned more about discipline, perseverance, and a hunger for constant improvement than I ever would have understood without proper bodybuilding.

I emphasis proper as to get good in the game you need to have your ducks in a row and be consistent. Most don't, and you certainly won't learn from that.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131