over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Curry (Your Meat of Choice) with Jasmine Rice

USMuscle9403

Registered
This is the quickest version if you have an air fryer. If you don't, it's fine, it's just more convenient to use one. You can make whatever subs you'd like, this is a somewhat lower fat version.

You'll need:

- Jasmine rice
- meat of your choice
- Onion, bell peppers, mushrooms
- can of low fat coconut milk
- can of tomato paste or diced tomatoes; you can leave these out if you don't like maters
- Curry paste or pre-made sauce, or make your own
- salt, pepper, more garam masala or Curry powder

Have your rice cooking on the side. Twice as much water as rice, bring to a boil, then cover and heat on low for 15 minutes. Salt and pepper in the water.

In your air fryer, look up whatever is recommended for the meat of your choice, and cook it just enough to brown it a bit.

In a separate pan, on medium heat, soften your onions, bell peppers and mushrooms. Again, only soften, as you'll be cooking them a bit more. Once softened, add diced tomatoes or tomato paste, plus your premade curry paste. Cook down just a bit to allow the flavors to incorporate a bit and to draw out a bit more moisture. Add your meat, allow that to incorporate as well, then add one can of low fat coconut milk. Allow all this to come to a slight boil, then turn your heat down to simmer. Let the meat cook the rest of the way through or to your liking, stirring often to let everything fully incorporate. You can make this as thick or as thin as you'd like.

Serve over Jasmine rice.

Sounds delicious!!
Thanks for the recipe.

I make curry all the time! It’s one of my favorite foods. This is yellow Thai curry with chicken, potatoes, and lobster mushrooms
Are you able to post some of your curry recipes? Just started recently making curry dishes but haven’t made one yet that I feel I need to repeat…

Looks really good looks really nice Curry

I have a particular passion for cooking and eating Asian food. Specifically....Thai. Due in part to the fact that my wife begs me to make curry on a near weekly basis.
The start of a good curry is a good curry paste. I made this Panang curry paste from scratch. For ease of making it you can use a blender or food processor, but you really do get the best flavor by using a pestle and mortar. It takes longer, but I make a lot as it will store in the fridge for a very long time. Something about pounding this paste as opposed to blending really does just marry the flavors better. If you really don’t have the time or access to ingredients to make tour own...Mae Ploy brand curry paste can be found at any Asian market and is a close second to homemade.
The next step in a good Thai curry is the coconut milk. You need a good, full fat coconut milk or even coconut cream.
You’re going to start the dish by cooking your coconut milk and a couple tbl of your paste over medium high heat and you want to continue to cook until the fat separates from the coconut milk. You can always tell when a curry has been done right by the little flecks of coconut oil floating on the surface.
Next you’ll stir fry your meat of choice, pork is most common for Panang curry but I’ve used beef as well as chicken like in this photo. Toss in veggies of choice. I used carrots, bell peppers, green onions, and asparagus.
Thai food is all about the combo of spicy, sour, heat, and sweet. And here’s where your seasoning comes in. You’ll be using fish sauce, palm sugar, and lime juice. I like to do an equal amount of each as I feel that the dish is best when balanced, but if you like more or less sour, more or less sweet, adjust to your taste. And make sure you use a reputable fish sauce. Red boat is the best by far as it has only two ingredients and very high nitrogen content which is where fish sauce derives it’s intense umami flavor. Tiparos is a close second for me. A lot of Thai chefs also swear by three crabs and squid brand. Choose one that suits you.
Simmer till done and serve with Thai jasmine rice. Top with a little cilantro and scallion for garnish and you can serve with additional lime wedges, fish sauce, and Thai chili sauce to season at the table

Attachments

• 1568D43E-41F5-4C67-8F98-E03EC0FF9E06.jpeg
    1568D43E-41F5-4C67-8F98-E03EC0FF9E06.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 5
Thai yellow curry

Ingredients
Chicken breast
1 can full fat coconut milk
1 can chicken broth
2 tbl fish sauce
Juice of 3 limes
2 tbl brown sugar
2 tbl yellow curry paste
2diced cloves garlic
1 bunch green onion
1 bunch asparagus
Mushrooms (I used king lobster)
1 red onion sliced

Slice the chicken thinly and set aside
Pour half the can of count milk in a large pot heated to med high and cook until reduce by about half and the fat splits from the milk. Add in the curry paste and stir until mixed. Add in the chicken and sauté for about two minutes. Toss in the onion and garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
Add in the chicken broth and stir and reduce heat to medium low. Add in all the rest of the ingredients and simmer until asparagus is tender and done. Add the other half can coconut milk and let it come together and it’s done. Top with fresh cilantro and green onion and serve over rice or rice noodles

Attachments

• A45A3DFA-D139-4364-A0B2-A83ED256BC4E.jpeg
    A45A3DFA-D139-4364-A0B2-A83ED256BC4E.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 1
Thai red curry

I love Thai food. Their whole food philosophy is the mixture of sweet, sour, salty, and savory and it’s addictive. There are many ways to make curry and you can use pretty much any veggies you’d like. Here’s what I used tonight

Ingredients
5 wholes peeled russet potatoes
2 chicken breasts sliced thinly
1 bunch asparagus cut into smaller pieces
1 small bok choy cut into small pieces
1/2 red onion sliced thin
3 cloves garlic minced
3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste(I like Mae ploy brand but the Thai kitchen stuff you get at the supermarket is fine)
1 can full fat coconut milk
1 can chicken broth
2 tbl fish sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
Juice of two limes
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 bunch chopped green onions

Cut your potatoes up into 1 inch cubes. Put in a large microwave safe bowl and toss with 1 tbl oil. Microwave for 5 minutes, toss, and 5 more minutes.
In a large pot heated over medium high add 1/2 the can of coconut milk and the curry paste. Stir and sauté until reduced by half. Add the chicken and the garlic and continue to sauté for 3-4 more minutes. Add the chicken stock, asparagus, bok choy, brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, and potatoes and turn heat down to medium. Simmer until asparagus is tender. Another 8-10 minutes. Add the other half can coconut milk and the cilantro and green onions and serve! Top with chili garlic sauce, sriracha, or chili garlic crunch.

Attachments

• F430BA7B-C3CE-4DFD-8FC5-FCF2BC7FF5AC.jpeg
    F430BA7B-C3CE-4DFD-8FC5-FCF2BC7FF5AC.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 1
Any time brother. Feel free to experiment with what veggies your use. I’ve used bok choy, asparagus, brocoli, raw tomatoes at the end, pineapple is really good in red and Panang curry, you can really use anything you want
Heavyhitter, I appreciate it!!!!

For years curries were my stand by to take to work for my meals. Very fast and easy to throw veggies chopped or frozen and meat into a pan or 2. Then put a curry whether Indian or Thai etc. Put it in my containers and ready for the week. Pretty yummy and can go low carb when needed and still have a great tasting food.

For years curries were my stand by to take to work for my meals. Very fast and easy to throw veggies chopped or frozen and meat into a pan or 2. Then put a curry whether Indian or Thai etc. Put it in my containers and ready for the week. Pretty yummy and can go low carb when needed and still have a great tasting food.
They reheat really well too. The meat never gets tough and dry because it’s in the sauce

Thai is what got me on the curry kick. Mango curry with Chilean sea bass. Forget about it!!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member