over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fat acceptance, body positivity movement

I am Spanish, the sources that I could provide would be in Spanish (specifically a video), so they would not be of much help.

Now, why Greece? They invented theater, tragedy, mathematics, science, PHILOSOPHY, etc... and in a sense, the cult of the body and the concepts of beauty. I think they used math or certain parameters of geometry to determine aesthetics. The Pantheon, for example, is a masterpiece that our best arquitecs or engineers would not be able to create.

We have no evidence of another type of culture that has had such a vast and rich period of creativity and vitalism.

Nietzsche used to say, "other peoples have saints, the Greeks have wise men."

YES, of course, aesthetics are not always related to functionality or usefulness, but the Greeks were not only concerned with external beauty, they practiced the development of moral virtues.

And I agree with you and your diagnosis about the current era, I loved the movie of Idiocracy. A woman (or man) who only has the external is irrelevant to me, much, much more important is having someone with a deep mentality and not superficial. But fat people don't stand out for their intellectual brilliance either, lol

I will never belittle an obese person any more than I will a lung cancer patient who arrived there via smoking. They are both sick and I am sorry to see them in their situation.

I will also never lie to either of them and BS them about how it's ok and healthy. This is some Emperor's new clothes level disconnect lol.

One's health status is not a metric to judge their character or value as a human being. These people that propagate this nonsense think everything starts and ends with feelings. I grow tired of this BS.

I agree. But remember back we were talking about the short, overweight, fireplug CEO completing Iron Man Comps like cake walks? I bet he's underestimated every single day of his life. I imagine a woman with a keen intellect, vast talent, and great skills inside an overweight body begging to be seen as having value despite her physical shortcomings. Same deal for both sexes. I have to sort of feel sorry for that woman.

However, don't get me wrong. Now you're getting into the matter of societal forces demanding of men we "give her a chance". To hell with that. Society or principalities, political correctness, Fuck all that as far as I'm concerned. I have no boss. There's me, I pay my taxes, and then there's God.

But WTF kind of BBer is caring about the "see me, love me" moronic heffer on the cover of Cosmopolitan anyway? JHC! Is this person really trying to bring up a valid point or just searching high and low for something to bitch about? Just walk the other way, turn the channel, try Sports Illustrated.

My brother married a girl on the heavy side. Maybe 160. But she is a dynamo. She earns a ton, is a great chef, cleans like a maniac, gifts everyday, my brother is one happy little shit. I can only manage the extra mile she goes in other areas. I'm envious, I admit it. I married an attorney. Nice little hardbody, 115lber. She's smart about legal matters and manages paperwork greatly but I have a maid come clean and do wash twice a week, I do most of the cooking unless I want to eat junk. She's a great host though. Actually, she's great too, but my sister in law is the 'bring you breakfast in bed' kinda gal. I dig that.

And in a few weeks I'll be 50 so eventually, the things that I loved 20 years ago, well, it's not always the best for the full term, ya know? Hope that made sense. I worked with so many couples' relationships over the years, still can't even analyze my own.

OTH

Something curious about the current era, many people do not want to have children, that may be one of the reasons why men are not so interested in the "standard" female characteristics. The same happens the other way around, women with feminine men, weak, out of shape, etc ...
I'd be interested to know how that works in Japan, since it's reported that so many young women there now don't want to have kids. Not sure if its still that way, but I remember reading that a decade or more ago.

I'd be interested to know how that works in Japan, since it's reported that so many young women there now don't want to have kids. Not sure if its still that way, but I remember reading that a decade or more ago.

A few weeks ago I saw a documentary about Sweden, women go to clinics to get sperm and they don't have sex with men. I suspect that in Japan it is similar.

In Japan women go to a kind of bars where they pay waiters to talk and intimidate, although generally they do not even have sex.

And in Japan (although this is spreading to the rest of the world) men have sex dolls.

1st bold: My point exactly and that's what I've been taught.

2nd bold: *The* concept of beauty or *a* concept of beauty? If you could provide a source for that standard, I would enjoy reading that. I love reading about ancient cultures. I would tend to find it hard to believe that female beauty began at one point or there was any one culture that set the standard. It probably began in lockstep with ancient civilizations. Whether it was Incan, Mayan, Mesopotamian, Roman, Persian, Greek, Asian or perhaps even long before those eras, we just don't know. There are many theories but again to my original post in this thread, the notion of what is attractive or the concept of female beauty specifically, has changed down through the centuries.

You can begin to imagine a progression from the earliest times at 100% utilitarian/0% physical attractiveness (beauty). And beauty likely changed as the ratio changed from 100%/0% to 80/20 to 60/40 and so on until we reach our modern and now postmodern eras where it's almost 0%/100%. Men will desire a woman today if she's "hot" even if she has no skills, no talents, no intelligence, no creativity, no physical strength, infertile, and otherwise worthless (save for her physical appearance). I don't think it's a good thing. We live in a society that is hypersexualized and so completely oversexed that we overlook shortcomings that are necessary in lieu of her hotness level. This will eventually produce a 'dumbed downed' race of people that have no real skills, creativity, or intelligence.

The movie "Idiocracy" takes this dumbing down to an extreme level for the sake of comedy but really, we're already well on our way (in my opinion). For example, you may have to search hard for a person to have a philosophical or theoretical discussion of some abstract concept today. Or as another example, when I grew up, I played football and baseball but my English mother required that my brothers and I all knew a musical instrument. How many people (percentage or per capita) know how to read music and can play an instrument today? She demanded we be cultured. She would say, "It doesn't matter whether you become rich or poor, you can always have class." How many cultured women are out there? How many have class and proper etiquette. At one point, women were sent (forced) to a school called a 'finishing school' that taught them these very things. That would not fly today. Never.

“Dear Isabel, how strange it is to have a cultivated woman in the house again, and how intoxicating." - Legends Of The Fall

I would overlook many a deficiency in physical beauty in order to gain a classy woman and a woman of intelligence and creativity. There are women that have both. But I highly doubt those few beautiful, intelligent, creative, and cultured women today would find many of us desirable after the garbage and ignorance I've read in this thread. To anyone reading my last sentence and finding yourself offended, it likely pertains to you. My apologies in advance.

Back to the thread title, there's a large difference between a woman that inspires our boners vs a woman that inspires our minds. That's a whole other subject but the women I've looked for to have a sexy fling are much different than a woman I would be looking for as a wife. And women are the exact same way as to the men they choose. They may enjoy the occasional brute but eventually will likely settle on the most intelligent, successful, and creative male available to them. Thems the breaks.

I've wasted years of my life trying to get men and women to develop their intellect, talents, and creativity every bit as much as their physical appearance. I'm done with it. People aren't looking for evolved mates, just levels of physical beauty. The fat women described in this thread are, IMO, women that are crying out, in fact begging for a male to see the person they are inside. Society is trying to push men in that direction but it is a futile endeavor. We're just not buying it. We love those round asses and tits.

Okay, my thumbs went a little crazy here. I'm halfway through my 6th cup of coffee here.
Great words there. I once taught chemistry and Biology in high school and felt the same way about people these days. Most of them had no desire to learn what I taught and watching the boys and girls interact was depressing because it confirmed all of the stereotypes.

Many posts in this thread, and the general direction it seems to have taken, really exemplify the root of the problem. Opinions of what is sexually "attractive" and "beautiful," which is based on socialized affectations of the culture, being considered in any way significant. Instead of what is actually real and matters, which is health.

But but, my thyroid.
I worked in an endocrinology clinic in the Navy in the 90's and worked with 3 endocrine doctors with over 90 years of experience and I asked them what they believe was the percentage of people who they've treated through the years that had an actual hormonal issue that caused their weight gains. Their unanimous answers were less than 10% of everyone they had ever seen.

come to think of it, when I got fat, I WISH I was fat shamed more. disgusting pig, you think you can just jack up the Healthcare rates a little more because your fuckin blood pressure is through the roof and you might die at any second from a heart attack or stroke? and type 2 diabetes is pretty much lifestyle related with few exceptions, so you fat cunts realize what a drain you are on the system? promoting it as healthy pisses me right the hell off, you're endangering peoples lives, you assholes. but what's more important is someone's FEELS got hurt. fuck yall. fuck all yall.

come to think of it, when I got fat, I WISH I was fat shamed more. disgusting pig, you think you can just jack up the Healthcare rates a little more because your fuckin blood pressure is through the roof and you might die at any second from a heart attack or stroke? and type 2 diabetes is pretty much lifestyle related with few exceptions, so you fat cunts realize what a drain you are on the system? promoting it as healthy pisses me right the hell off, you're endangering peoples lives, you assholes. but what's more important is someone's FEELS got hurt. fuck yall. fuck all yall.
I love this attitude

Personally being bullied and fat shamed was one of the best things that happened to me.
The people that did it look like frogs nowadays while my arms are bigger than their legs.
Making fun of people due to appearance is not cool.
Telling them that everything is OK is not cool as well.
Being fat is a illness.

But clothing companies saw an opportunity to make money of that market and fat money is good money...

Im just a skinny 5'11 210lb guy. Wish I could have a little of their weight. I agree that any unhealthy status shouldnt be promoted as healthy. You dont see d-bol being promoted, so we should probably say the same for obesity. Oh well, status quo.

5'11, 210 isn't skinny. That was me in high school and I was an animal. Your BMI is over 29 which is overweight bordering on obese. I'm 225 yesterday morning and I am 50lbs overweight (I am listed as obese LOL) using standard BMI tables. People compete at your height and weight. Maybe not nationally but state and regional comps.

Personally I don’t care for the whole body positivity movement. Especially when you have someone that’s clearly obese and flaunting their bodies like they look good. They know they don’t look good deep down though somewhere inside themselves. I try not to judge, but can’t help it sometimes. I just stick to the old adage “if you don’t have nothing nice to say then don’t say anything at all”. Just don’t shake all the blubber around in my face! Soooooo gnarly!

Cage

I would love to blame fast food and soy and corn and whatever else and they DJ have an impact but I just think people are lazy. Physical activity is like a punishment for most people, lay on the couch and watch Netflix is an acceptable and even glorified activity for most. There was also a time where your daily work was physical for most people and that sure isn’t the case anymore.
Facts.

Preexisting condition #1 for covid 19 death is obesity! Enough said!
And... Being fat is easy, but being muscular is extremely difficult! That's why being a fat model is ridiculous!

When I see an obese person, I think of some of the times that I've let myself go a bit, felt like shit and looked like shit, and I would get to that point where I'd tell myself, "ok, time to pull it back and get my shit together". We all get in a slump here and there, but how far do you let yourself go? It affects us all, when the majority are overweight or obese. The majority of Covid patients hospitalized are overweight, obese, diabetic or pre-diabetic. This wasn't a pandemic because of the virus, it was a pandemic of the obese that voluntarily wrecked their immune systems, and now anyone who actually has been a responsible adult and treated their health as their own responsibility as one should, has to suffer by wearing face diapers everywhere they go, and social distancing. I have to sit next to the fatty on the plane and endure that god-awful smell because they can't reach far enough to clean their ass in the shower and when they pull apart a fold of skin, it's probably like pulling a grilled cheese sandwich apart. I have to walk slowly behind the fat fuck waddling out of walmart in front of me because they couldn't put the fork down. And then I get to watch it all be normalized and even get "fit shamed" or called a health nut just because I am responsible enough to take care of myself. Fuck fatties!

When I see an obese person, I think of some of the times that I've let myself go a bit, felt like shit and looked like shit, and I would get to that point where I'd tell myself, "ok, time to pull it back and get my shit together". We all get in a slump here and there, but how far do you let yourself go? It affects us all, when the majority are overweight or obese. The majority of Covid patients hospitalized are overweight, obese, diabetic or pre-diabetic. This wasn't a pandemic because of the virus, it was a pandemic of the obese that voluntarily wrecked their immune systems, and now anyone who actually has been a responsible adult and treated their health as their own responsibility as one should, has to suffer by wearing face diapers everywhere they go, and social distancing. I have to sit next to the fatty on the plane and endure that god-awful smell because they can't reach far enough to clean their ass in the shower and when they pull apart a fold of skin, it's probably like pulling a grilled cheese sandwich apart. I have to walk slowly behind the fat fuck waddling out of walmart in front of me because they couldn't put the fork down. And then I get to watch it all be normalized and even get "fit shamed" or called a health nut just because I am responsible enough to take care of myself. Fuck fatties!
Spot on!

When I see an obese person, I think of some of the times that I've let myself go a bit, felt like shit and looked like shit, and I would get to that point where I'd tell myself, "ok, time to pull it back and get my shit together".

Yes, it is impossible to me to always diet and stay lean, but once I regain my fat weight and calm my appetite, I start to feel and look like shit, and then, I regain my energy and motivation to destroy all that fat again.

Also, when I am on a diet I feel more mentally efficient, or in other words, when I am well fed I feel like a retard. Then I think of all those people who never diet or go hungry, if their normal state is to feel like an retard.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear