over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Questions about big A's beginner workout

rightd0se

Newbies
I'm actually really enjoying the beginner workout A posted. I have never seemed to train as intense doing relatively low volume workouts that call for 2-3 exercises 3 sets per exercise. I have always seemed to be more intense and feeling pumped taking 1 set to it's absolute limit and then maybe doing a drop set of 10-20% less on a second set of I feel I need it.

Just like everyone else along with things like injuries, tennis elbow, and patellafemoral pain, I lost motivation due to covid and all the gyms shutting down and opening up and shutting down and finally opening back up for almost six months now.

I had a couple questions just to make sure I'm doing things right. What rest times would be recommended before work sets? For the work sets that have no warm-up, do we treat them as supersets and start doing them as we are set up or there should be something like 30 seconds-1 minute rest before doing that work set?

Also because I'm far from where I used to be in strength and muscle mass was pretty poor at my best, is it recommended that I just lift followinf the cadence or the goal should always be to master mind-muscle connection in every rep, contracting as hard as possible?

Finally, being that this workout is low volume and that I'm a beginner in poundages, I probably have nowhere near the intensity of advanced bodybuilders. Should I do another set if I feel I didn't go all-out despite complete positive failure?

Thanks to anyone who replies. Have a good one, everybody.

I had a couple questions just to make sure I'm doing things right. What rest times would be recommended before work sets? For the work sets that have no warm-up, do we treat them as supersets and start doing them as we are set up or there should be something like 30 seconds-1 minute rest before doing that work set?

I reccomend resting until you are ready to hit your next set 60 seconds to two minutes at the most.
You should always warm up by stretching to prevent injuries before lifting never lift cold.

Also because I'm far from where I used to be in strength and muscle mass was pretty poor at my best, is it recommended that I just lift followinf the cadence or the goal should always be to master mind-muscle connection in every rep, contracting as hard as possible?

You definitely want to go as hard as possible pushing to regain your strength muscle memory is real and you can bring back your muscle quickly if training hard.

Finally, being that this workout is low volume and that I'm a beginner in poundages, I probably have nowhere near the intensity of advanced bodybuilders. Should I do another set if I feel I didn't go all-out despite complete positive failure

I believe that you should push yourself not necessary until failure all the time but definitely you want to be spent at the end of your training or your really not going to make gains doing one movement per exercise. I recommend 3 sets at whatever weight you can put up

Hit me up anytime
[email protected] im happy to help

WorldofRoids.to

As for time it just depends. 1 armed curls 30 seconds at most could be fine before going to the next arm. Heavy sets of squats 3-4 minutes wouldn't be outrageous. Just depends on if you have recovered enough to be ready for the next set.
I wouldn't add in more sets if things don't "feel" like they have been worked enough, especially as a beginner. Unless you know what your recovery potential is. I would just use the time for recovery and up the weight used the next time.

I reccomend resting until you are ready to hit your next set 60 seconds to two minutes at the most.
You should always warm up by stretching to prevent injuries before lifting never lift cold.

You definitely want to go as hard as possible pushing to regain your strength muscle memory is real and you can bring back your muscle quickly if training hard.

Finally, being that this workout is low volume and that I'm a beginner in poundages, I probably have nowhere near the intensity of advanced bodybuilders. Should I do another set if I feel I didn't go all-out despite complete positive failure

I believe that you should push yourself not necessary until failure all the time but definitely you want to be spent at the end of your training or your really not going to make gains doing one movement per exercise. I recommend 3 sets at whatever weight you can put up

Hit me up anytime
[email protected] im happy to help

WorldofRoids.to
I sincerely appreciate the detailed reply. I have been dealing with some life circumstances and the reality of the severity of the pain in my joints I has become more and more apparent. Again, very helpful and thank you.

As for time it just depends. 1 armed curls 30 seconds at most could be fine before going to the next arm. Heavy sets of squats 3-4 minutes wouldn't be outrageous. Just depends on if you have recovered enough to be ready for the next set.
I wouldn't add in more sets if things don't "feel" like they have been worked enough, especially as a beginner. Unless you know what your recovery potential is. I would just use the time for recovery and up the weight used the next time.
I appreciate the reply, man. I think the main reason for my post was that I didn't think what I was doing was enough or that I wasn't doing enough. But after rereading the thread on the workout specifically big A's posts, I realized I'm not going to get stronger as easily. I also realized that until I truly can push the envelope in terms of intensity and pain, I'm going to be able to reach the results and progress that big A knows everyone can reach. So thanks for the reality check. I'm not as young as I was and with the pains I'm dealing with, I can't expect the journey back to my original strength and physique to be as easy as before. Not like it was easy to begin with, but this time.....I'm really going to have to be patient and earn it.

I sincerely appreciate the detailed reply. I have been dealing with some life circumstances and the reality of the severity of the pain in my joints I has become more and more apparent. Again, very helpful and thank you.
I wanted to add even though I kept it short, it wasn't out of lack of effort but because you really left nothing for me to ask. I really appreciate the effort and time you went to to reply to me.

Hit me up anytime brother im always happy to help

[email protected]
WorldofRoids.to

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members