advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone else live a great life but just feel down and out, almost aggravated day to day?

This is a conundrum often discussed in media wrt to treatment of "ill" people, i.e. should doctors medicate people who refuse lifestyle changes. Should obese people get diabetes medication? Should fat people get cholesterol and BP medication? Should mentally ill people get psych drugs if they continue living in a destructive manner? Should a bandaid ever be used? We know metabolic and cardiovascular diseases are caused to a large degree by lifestyle. But MOST of the time a lifestyle change is not forthcoming.

I don't have the answer. A lot of people think incorrigible people should be left to die off, they are natural born losers who will contribute nothing. Let fat people die, let the mentally ill die, let the junkies die. Perhaps even assist them in dying. Gas the severely mentally and physically handicapped. This is what Hitler did for a while, but it didn't fly with the German population and he reversed the policies.

Should ADHD children ever be medicated or should we accept that they are still within the spectrum of naturally occurring human variations and perhaps only help them find a place in society where they can somehow fit, but no drugs? In Switzerland and Holland etc they help people living in various types of irreversible states of pain to kill themselves. The ethics of this is constantly debated.

Anyway, these issues ARE discussed a lot but in my mind there's no easy solutions.

Lol, the problem with that is that it is a slippery slope ... and we know how that ends, with everyone gassed.

Why does the US consume more prescription drugs than any other country in the world, and with a big difference?

Is it because it is a tremendously sick society (which is true) or is it because Big Pharma has trained citizens through thousands of advertisements?

And I don't understand how some can say that taking a drug for asthma or for a muscle injury can be compared to drugs for the brain.

The brain is a complex machine that no one has a clue of how it works, and it will take decades and decades to get accurate and reliable information. So by using mental drugs you are playing random. The proof is that many patients commit suicide, murder, or become addicted to other drugs.

People like to say the US uses more medicine than any other country, but I have never seen this quantified, only opinions.
In this document - the best I could find - that argument is not supported.

The US has more drug advertisements than any other country, and I understand it's the only country that allows ads on TV.
This influences perception of use, but the data doesn't back up the claim that the US is extreme on a global scale.

I'm sorry you don't understand why I would classify medicine to treat illness as medicine to treat illness.
Of course, we don't fully understand how the brain works (and we certainly have more than a clue), but that doesn't mean we don't treat what we can.
The mechanism of action of Metformin is still not fully understood, but no one will deny it helps many people.
Why not do what we can to help - when we know it does? That's a perfect solution fallacy to say we should not.

And some people may have adverse effects with some psychoactive medicine, but I have yet to see any conclusive proof beyond correlation.
If a person who is severely depressed commits suicide or murder while on such medications (usually SSRIs are highlighted), how can you conclude this mentally impaired person committed such act as a direct consequence of the medication?

Such arguments only make it harder for people who could benefit from medicinal help to seek it.

Great to you for changing and taking the steps to make yourself gain happiness. Remember , though, always pray! This life may be hard and difficult sometimes, but just looking at the trees, seeing people walk around, looking at the sky, the emotions you feel, etc, you realize how amazing it really is and that there is a creator. This life isn't the end and only setting the stage for the next.

But that doesn't work unless you have faith, faith is based on believing in something without logic or sustenance. Humanity has created different doctrines and lies to hide the reality of existence, psychologically, without such illusions, life becomes more difficult, more worthy of being denied.

The beauty or harmony of nature is a simple illusion, they are only animals that appear to devour each other. Physical pain is the constant of the natural world.

People like to say the US uses more medicine than any other country, but I have never seen this quantified, only opinions.
In this document - the best I could find - that argument is not supported.

The US has more drug advertisements than any other country, and I understand it's the only country that allows ads on TV.
This influences perception of use, but the data doesn't back up the claim that the US is extreme on a global scale.

I'm sorry you don't understand why I would classify medicine to treat illness as medicine to treat illness.
Of course, we don't fully understand how the brain works (and we certainly have more than a clue), but that doesn't mean we don't treat what we can.
The mechanism of action of Metformin is still not fully understood, but no one will deny it helps many people.
Why not do what we can to help - when we know it does? That's a perfect solution fallacy to say we should not.

And some people may have adverse effects with some psychoactive medicine, but I have yet to see any conclusive proof beyond correlation.
If a person who is severely depressed commits suicide or murder while on such medications (usually SSRIs are highlighted), how can you conclude this mentally impaired person committed such act as a direct consequence of the medication?

Such arguments only make it harder for people who could benefit from medicinal help to seek it.

We do not live in a world where pharmaceutical drug dealers are genuinely concerned with solving patients' problems, otherwise the business would collapse.

The history of the psychiatric industry in the last 200 years is truly terrifying. Their experiments and methods make the Nazis' Aktion T-4 program look like child's play.

Also, the psychology manual has added dozens and dozens of ailments in the last few decades, making it easier to find sick people when almost any behavior is considered a deviation.

So, either today's society is the most insane in history, or experts and authorities, as Focault denounced, are dedicated to diagnosing, monitoring and punishing more and more human actions or behaviors.

It is a gigantic business that gives them money and power.

Humans have used drugs throughout the centuries, I am not against any of that, but they were individual choices and there was not an elite of experts diagnosing and prescribing experimental drugs, a hierarchy that treats other human beings like rats.

This is a good documentary

Prescription drugs are being given out like candy in this country and for what?

This look into legal drugs (Prescription drugs) by film maker Chris Bell shows how money driven this country is. I am a proud American and I'll be the first to say how corrupt we are. Prescription drugs are being given out like candy in this country and for what? Yup, you guessed it....MONEY! These drugs are destroying people but money is all that matters. Chris will tell you his dirty little secret about his life during this film. I enjoyed it a lot.

I feel a lot better guys, thank you so much to everyone who cared enough to contribute to my pity party thread. For anyone interested:

Dropped to TRT dose until spring

Been going out more instead of just toiling in bed waiting for the next day

Been staying away from media, the media wants you to believe the sky is falling constantly

Picked up a landcruiser to restore as a hobby

Been using ashwagdawhatever everyday, not sure if that is doing anything

Also decided to do a little self therapy session and some self medications, pic of that attached! Not my style at all to do something so irresponsible but I said to hell with it, I always wanted one….

Attachments

• A9EE9083-F393-4E13-B482-C57AB5C7707F.jpeg
    A9EE9083-F393-4E13-B482-C57AB5C7707F.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 24
"Sounds like clinical depression"
My therapist said.

I'm guessing that means depressed despite not having certain reasons to be depressed?
Anyway guys here have been helping me with my anxiety symptoms that I didn't even realize was anxiety.

I wouldn’t trade being on TRT for anything, it’s kept me young and I believe healthier. That said, since being on TRT, I’ve noticed something, especially when I run my test a bit higher. I feel kinda numb. Like I just don’t give a rat’s ass about stuff. Feelings are less, etc. and I don’t have as much empathy. When I lower my dosing, am off cycle, my normal more empathetic feels seem to return.

Sometimes I like feeling like IDGAF, but honestly it’s not the best way to go through life.

99% sure it is chemical related. Drop the DHB. I felt awful mentally on DHB, my attitude was just foul on it. "Side effect free" my dick. Ha. I know EQ causes anxiety as a side of lowering e2 too much, i think DHB may do something similar. Dont quote me on that, but DHB definitely lowers estrogen.

Kick DHB off and let us know in 2-3 weeks how you feel.

I live a great life, I look good, my dick works great, I'm successful, I'm healthy, my family is healthy, my relatives are awesome, my friends are animals and girls love me.

Why do I wake up feeling so damn down every day? Just down about life in general, always feeling like something is wrong when nothing actually is. I thought it was drug related so I've dropped everything other than 4iu gh a day, 500mg cyp and 200mg DHB a week. That and metformin along with some b12 and misc supplements, nothing extreme or mind altering at all but unfortunately it hasn't changed.

I'm not some mental midget that needs a pep talk or some psyche evaluation, really I'm not, I know I live a good life and I tell myself that all the time and believe it in my head. I don't need a break or vacation, I take plenty of those, I could have a girl real or just fun anytime I wanted it's nothing to do with that stuff where I need a "change" or some jolt. I have plenty of support from my family, friends and relatives....life is good some may even say my life is great. So why can't I shake this feeling? The feeling that something is always wrong and I'm annoyed that I feel that way, almost like a feeling of impending doom and I'm frustrated that I can't shake it because I know it's not real. I get worried that maybe over these years I've messed with my hormones so much that this is just how it is now.

So pretty much I'm back here looking to drugs for answers, it pains me to say that but that's where it is at this point. I'm not so sure I want to take mind altering depression stuff for the rest of my life that just comes with a whole other set of side effects but there must be something I can at least try. Wasn't there some peptides or something that put you in a good mood? I don't know, I know I'm reaching here but just tired of feeling this way for no reason......
My goodness this is exactly me…to a tee!!!
The most frustrating thing in the world

Hi guys, so much great input and words in this thread I appreciate all of it a lot.

I think the DHB definitely played a role, I dropped it and everything else other than my usual winter TRT, I feel better but there is more to it than just that I’m still off. I’m about to start some ashawagnda or however you spell it, I don’t expect to find the solution in a bottle of pills but it’s something to try at least. I really want to avoid the pharmaceutical route if possible, not saying there is anything specifically wrong with it but I’m looking at it as a last resort but I may go that way eventually if I can’t shake this.

I’ve been making an effort to spend time with my friends and relatives more, when I’m done with work and gym instead of laying around at home waiting for sleep I’ve been trying to be out and about. I also picked up an old landcruiser and it’s going to be my next project. I know that’s silly stuff but it’s something better than nothing.

Thank you again fellas, I think I’m going to be referring back to this thread often….
When I read your initial post, I couldn't help but think of the many athletes, actors, musicians, etc that reach a massive peak in life at a young age. Maybe they won several gold medals, or broke all-time records, or made blockbuster movies, albums, and shows.

Obviously it doesn't happen to all of them but truly where do you go from up? To make matters worse, society itself seems to almost want to knock them down. When you're at rock bottom, there are often many people eager to help. When we're at the top, many people are anxious for that big shoe to drop and ruin everything. Sometimes it almost becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Sometimes it's life's difficulties that give us reward while a completed life before your time kills all motivation - something very uniquely human. We may ask ourselves where we go from that point forward.

Don't laugh, but I think about Charlie Sheen. Like him or hate him, this is a guy who chased down every goal or measure of "winning" as he called it. He attained the dream life that every billboard and underwear ad sold us our entire lives. And the same society that created that dream lifestyle turned their back on the bastard and hated him for it.

As I've said before, when you're at the very top, worry. Because you have nowhere to go but down. Or at least back to your roots where you began. But when all seems lost, you have nowhere to go but up.

Nevertheless, this is a very inspiring thread to read through and there's good advice here (for all of us).

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass
NapsGear