over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dusty Hanshaw: Thoughts and Prayers

I'm guessing he had no health insurance because he is self employed. Almost all plans have a max out of pocket, which is the maximum you have to pay before insurance covers 100% of the cost. Our's is $6000. After we spend $6000 for the family, everything else for us is no cost. This year my insurance has been billed almost $300,000 and we only had to pay $6000. Trying to get in all of my visits and tests now before the end of the year. I think most health insurance has a similar policy. If it's " out of network ", our max is $18,000 I think. We never do that. If you have a medical emergency and the hospital is out of network, the bills are covered as if it were in network.
You have good insurance. During the Obama era ACA the packages were horrific and we had to deal with that personally. But yeah, Dusty should be shamed since he only paid 6k out of pocket then.

So... How's all this going?

No - Dusty has health insurance as any smart bodybuilder should. Self-employed is no excuse, private plans aren't that expensive.
That's great.

From my experience, private insurance seemed very expensive. We once had to use COBRA, and getting our same plan from work was $3000 a month. That was back in 2008.

So... How's all this going?

I hope Dusty has figured out how to avoid that happening again. Sounds like the doctors were good and really helped him.

SOOO ANYWAY

For those of use that don't give two shits about what Dusty does with his money before during or after his situation , or who donats what to who and for what reason

How is Dusty doing??
Does he plan to still continue with his bodybuilding journey??

Private plans are insanely expensive and generally terrible with crazy deductibles in my experience.
Yes. I'd love to know where DTex is shopping for insurance? I've yet to see a reasonable private plan. I'm employed by a small company but my girl is self-employed and it's outrageous what's out there. High deductible w insanely high premiums.

You have good insurance. During the Obama era ACA the packages were horrific and we had to deal with that personally. But yeah, Dusty should be shamed since he only paid 6k out of pocket then.
Looks like there is a federal law that limits how high the max out of pocket for the family can be:

"The most that individuals will have to pay out-of-pocket in 2021 is $8,550 and $17,100 for families. However, your plan may have a lower out-of-pocket maximum — most do."

Looks like there is a federal law that limits how high the max out of pocket for the family can be:

"The most that individuals will have to pay out-of-pocket in 2021 is $8,550 and $17,100 for families. However, your plan may have a lower out-of-pocket maximum — most do."
Does that include lost wages from being in a coma? Honestly, I think this thread went sideways 50 posts ago. As far as I can tell Dusty is a pretty genuine guy. IDGAF is he has a fancy fannypack and drinks Starbucks. If people want to be that petty, and I'm not saying you are Maldorf, then that is their life long affliction not mine.

Well here is my take.. its not worth anything but here goes...

Anytime I see a go fund me account I truly analyze it.. the general public has taken advantage of it to the point where it's not trustworthy to many people.. its truly been abused by many people

Dusty is a good dude.. regardless of how much he makes or doesn't make its going to impact his savings..

if you want to contribute to a go fund me just realize you have no control on how the money is spent.. its up to the honestly of the person to spend it on its purpose.. medical bills and expenses.. if it bothers you that they may not spend it wisely then do not contribute..

I know many people who have used go fund me for medical bills in my area.. I never contribute.. I send them a personal message and ask where the care is being done.. I then send money on to their account.. or I have even paid money onto their mortgage .. so if you don't trust people's intention then don't donate.. if you want to help do what I do.. or not.. pretty simple 👌

Does that include lost wages from being in a coma? Honestly, I think this thread went sideways 50 posts ago. As far as I can tell Dusty is a pretty genuine guy. IDGAF is he has a fancy fannypack and drinks Starbucks. If people want to be that petty, and I'm not saying you are Maldorf, then that is their life long affliction not mine.
I agree, I think he's a good guy. Just thought it's important that the facts are known about health insurance.

Most that donated probably figured he had insurance anyhow. Pretty sure I gave some. I've done a few others on here before too.

Anytime I see a go fund me account I truly analyze it.. the general public has taken advantage of it to the point where it's not trustworthy to many people.. its truly been abused by many people

Dusty is a good dude.. regardless of how much he makes or doesn't make its going to impact his savings..

if you want to contribute to a go fund me just realize you have no control on how the money is spent.. its up to the honestly of the person to spend it on its purpose.. medical bills and expenses.. if it bothers you that they may not spend it wisely then do not contribute..

I know many people who have used go fund me for medical bills in my area.. I never contribute.. I send them a personal message and ask where the care is being done.. I then send money on to their account.. or I have even paid money onto their mortgage .. so if you don't trust people's intention then don't donate.. if you want to help do what I do.. or not.. pretty simple 👌

As another has noted, this thread has gone at bit sideways but hopefully
we can resurrect something good from it and learn from it, unfortunately
all this at Dusty's expense.

Lats . . . I like your style. I too will just contact the manager of the
account and if legit, just write than a check. Just did so for a relative.
I could not, with a clear conscious, let him sink. So I wrote him a
big fat check, a gift from me to him. The only 'strings' attached is
that he tell nobody and it will not be paid back. I can only hope that he
uses it as intended but once out of my hands, I exert zero control and
the subject will never be spoken of again. (It was a bunch of $, will
change his life forever.)

I have never contributed to any of these 'send me money fund raising'
accounts but have worked on projects that would not exist had they
not been funded that way. Does that make me a hypocrite?

All in all, I hope Dusty is well and finds a way, intends to stay that way.

That's great.

From my experience, private insurance seemed very expensive. We once had to use COBRA, and getting our same plan from work was $3000 a month. That was back in 2008.

I'm on cobra now and that is no joke expense. Probably 3-4x more expensive then when I was getting it deducted from my check. Being older at 41 and steriod user there is no getting around this expense.

I think this is solid advice, it seems like a trend now days people willing to donate money to causes they see online without doing research. There are better ways to help people you truly know and know actually need the help.

I remember the days when Dusty was here on this board. I was thinking he'd stop by when he was able and feeling better to say hi to his friends here. We had a ton of laughs.

Reading this last few pages though...? JFC

He posted today on IG with his Starbucks that he wastes hundreds of dollars a month on and Louis Vuitton murse. A person with a Louis Vuitton murse had a GoFundMe account. Go figure. How many of you guys that gave him money spend $10 a day on Starbucks? How many of you that gave him money have a $3,000 murse to pose with on your IG? I wouldn't be holding my breath for any expression of gratitude if I were you.

Questions for you:

1) When does this all end? When can he go back to living a normal life posting about normal things? He didnt want a gofundme account. His family and friends did it for him. He had health insurance, but I do not know how and what was covered. I do know the bills added up to 600 thousand. That I do know. I do know this also. He makes his money by training people and being a sponsored athlete and that was down and out for at least a month.

2) Most people know Dusty from Instagram. Thats where he is most known. Thats where his greatest following is. So he put up a heartfelt video on instagram to EVERYONE thanking them to the bottom of his heart for their generosity toward him. He was very emotional and blown away at it all during the video....did you miss that? What exactly do you want from him? What do you want a person to do who never asked for a gofundme in the first place to do to placate your feelings? Go for 2 years online thanking everyone and putting the vibe out there that he is in the poorhouse for next two years so you feel better about it?

3) Dusty is not rich, he is not wealthy. He does pretty well for himself with his training of people and his supplement company sponsorships due to his likability and social media. All that for a guy who is not a household name in top placings in bodybuilding. He likes starbucks. Hasnt he liked starbucks for over a decade now with countless posts and countless videos way before his coma? I guess he likes LV murses. He also loves old school mustangs but I dont think he has the money for that. He also would like to buy properties but I dont think he has the money for that right now. He like everyone has pride though that he works hard and is able to buy things for himself that he likes. I work my ass off too and have for decades and buy myself nice things to treat myself to show myself all my hard work is worth it.

So again what do you want him to do? Wear rags in his videos and show himself driving a 1972 Ford Pinto and living in a slum for the next two years? Would that make you feel better? I dont get it. The guy is extremely well liked, people showed up for him at his time of need, if anyone deserved some help at a bad junction is his life its that guy....and surely not all these guys in the bodybuilding community who shit talk everyone and have no other redeeming qualities but to talk junk about people. The guy has put out a wealth of information on training, diet and everything info wise online for years. Podcasts etc (he doesnt get paid for that)

4) So let me know what you want him to do ok. I was talking to him this morning and ill let him know "hey this guy on pro muscle wants you to live in a tent for the next 2 years and eat scraps out of a dumpster ok.....because he doesnt like that you got back on your feet and carried on with your life.....he wants you to put in some suffering for the masses".....Ill let him know but I got a notion that he has a lot of pride and likes to show a person who "got back on his feet" when the shite hit the fan instead of "wallowing in darkness"

Let me know exactly what you feel he should do and Ill let him know...

SOOO ANYWAY

For those of use that don't give two shits about what Dusty does with his money before during or after his situation , or who donats what to who and for what reason

How is Dusty doing??
Does he plan to still continue with his bodybuilding journey??
He is nearly back to pre incident strength at this point and much heavier

i was watching him train back on ig this AM from like a day ago, what was it that originally almost killed him a torn internal injury, ill get on ig and reach out. maybe bullshit but when i saw the thread i figured somebody knew something, for me this is worse than speculation, plus if hes sick hes sick i just spent two days under medical supervision last week for fucking strep/uri combo tha had me lose 10 lbsin 5 days so could just be sick an now he dont fuck around bc waiting last time almost killed him. As bodybuilders we often self treat or wait too long to go into medical. Same shit we did in military.

maybe im stupid but i cant find shit about Dusty bein fucked up again, i did happen to notice how much Dusty physique, especially in its prime looks like Dereks 212 O win

maybe im stupid but i cant find shit about Dusty bein fucked up again, i did happen to notice how much Dusty physique, especially in its prime looks like Dereks 212 O win
There was no again, he was only in the hospital the one time. He’s currently pounding weights and pretty damn strong

After all this I was surprised to see that he did not follow the recommendations of his mentor Dante. Dante posted that he wanted Dusty to reduce the forced feeding, drop all the big lifts such as deads and bent rows that cause the waist to develop. Instead, it looks like Dusty is dead set on doing exactly what he did before and even ramping it up despite what Dante posted.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear