over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Got my bloodwork back

NorwegianMuscle

Registered
Newbies
Last test result my hemoglobin was 18. Doctor said if it was close to that this time he wanted me to give blood. Also, how does my test levels look?

Attachments

• freetest.jpg
    freetest.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Hemoglobin.jpg
    Hemoglobin.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 114
If that is on 250mg a week you are either a super responder or the test is overdosed.

I always donate when my levels get high. And if they were over the top i would donate soon. I try to accumulate the least amount of damage i can, so the price i pay in the future will hopefully be smaller.

I think your decision needs to depend on what you will be doing the next 3 months. If you're going to be on a gram per week and not on trt during that time then you should probably do a phlebotomy now. I'm guessing you're also on other steroids that may raise it more.

51 hematocrit isn't high and is perfectly healthy, your cardiovascular system actually doesn't have to work as hard because your blood can carry more oxygen. The idea that your blood is harder to pump because of the number of red blood cells applies to a much higher level. Also, notice how your platelet count is low, that is good.

Donating at that level will often cause rebound and you will end up with higher and higher hematocrit.

Because this is such an issue for trans men, this has been studied a lot recently and newer guidelines are less concerned with hematocrit until they are greater than 54.

Natural people who exercise and live at high altitudes can have 51 hematocrits.

I think your decision needs to depend on what you will be doing the next 3 months. If you're going to be on a gram per week and not on trt during that time then you should probably do a phlebotomy now. I'm guessing you're also on other steroids that may raise it more.
We can't know for sure if his hematocrit will continue to rise, it does for some people but for many people it stabilizes at a certain number and doesn't keep going up.

51 hematocrit isn't high and is perfectly healthy, your cardiovascular system actually doesn't have to work as hard because your blood can carry more oxygen. The idea that your blood is harder to pump because of the number of red blood cells applies to a much higher level. Also, notice how your platelet count is low, that is good.

Donating at that level will often cause rebound and you will end up with higher and higher hematocrit.

Because this is such an issue for trans men, this has been studied a lot recently and newer guidelines are less concerned with hematocrit until they are greater than 54.

This needs to be pinned at the top of the board.

How are lipids?

We can't know for sure if his hematocrit will continue to rise, it does for some people but for many people it stabilizes at a certain number and doesn't keep going up.
It's going to depend on factors such as how long he has been taking 1g/week and what his last bllodwork said. I'd be very surprised if it doesn't go up more while taking 1g/wk plus whatever else he is on. At the very least, get a CBC done in another 4 to 6 weeks.

Nice thank you for the feed back

Attachments

• lipid.jpg
    lipid.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 68
Fairly bad but not surprising for that much test, not terrible either. I wouldn't want to spend too much time with an LDL that high personally.

But it all depends on if you are prone to plaque buildup or not. If you are prone to plaque buildup, it probably started accumulating before you were even an adult, and having lipids that far off is accelerating it (potentially significantly). However, if you aren't prone to plaque buildup there is a good chance you are totally fine with lipids that far off.

If you haven't already, you could get a ct heart scan (I'd make sure it's a low radiation version that is specifically for calcium only) to try and assess if you have any buildup. Keep in mind it only shows calcified plaque (which takes years to decades to form) and not newer "soft" plaque.

What would you suggest if platelets were little over 400? Donating platelets would help I'm guessing, donating blood would not be enough. Any supplements/foods/nutrients?

Fairly bad but not surprising for that much test, not terrible either. I wouldn't want to spend too much time with an LDL that high personally.

But it all depends on if you are prone to plaque buildup or not. If you are prone to plaque buildup, it probably started accumulating before you were even an adult, and having lipids that far off is accelerating it (potentially significantly). However, if you aren't prone to plaque buildup there is a good chance you are totally fine with lipids that far off.

If you haven't already, you could get a ct heart scan (I'd make sure it's a low radiation version that is specifically for calcium only) to try and assess if you have any buildup. Keep in mind it only shows calcified plaque (which takes years to decades to form) and not newer "soft" plaque.
Good feed back thank you! He has me on cholesterol meds. You think he should increase the dosage? Would that help?

mslmn said:
What would you suggest if platelets were little over 400? Donating platelets would help I'm guessing, donating blood would not be enough. Any supplements/foods/nutrients?
I'd be concerned and I would see professional advice from a hematologist. High RBCs and platelets combined can be indications of blood disorders that can get you troubled when combined with AAS. At the very least you should try to keep hematocrit.

Note that my crit returns to 'normal' levels after just a few months on 12mg/day trt.

Good feed back thank you! He has me on cholesterol meds. You think he should increase the dosage? Would that help?
Do lots of cardio and make sure your diet is on point would be the first step, lowering the dosage might be required to get results. The difference between 200mg/week and 1g/week might not be much as far as lipid impacts, 200mg/week is more than enough to screw my lipids.

If you wanted to fix your lipids at all costs, going off completely is amazingly effective, especially combined with cardio, but no one is going to do that...

I once went from 30 HDL/90 LDL to 55 HDL/56 LDL but it was after an injury that required surgery, I was off everything even TRT, and I was running every day.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws