over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ironman 70.3 AND stepping on the platform

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
2022 I’m going to attempt something I’ve never done, and honestly not sure if it’s even realistic.

The plan, is to push/pull 1000lb total at 198lbs in august, and then October 1st complete a 1/2 Ironman.

I’ve been trying to manage lifting, plus 2 runs, 2 bike and 1 swim a week.

Week 1 and 2 went well, I was hitting my numbers on the program, and my speed and distance slowly ticking up on the runs and bike.

Week 3…..reality set in. My body is trashed. Everting is sore. Like every muscle in my body and I’m sleeping like shit.

I have been googling hybrid athletes but I can’t seem to find any other dumbasses who have tried to do both.

Obviously I’m trying to ride two horses with one ass, and extreme endurance with powerlifting go together like Trump and Kamala Harris.

I just want to complete the Ironman, I have no delusions of being even remotely competitive. I just want to beat the cutoff times.

Any words of encouragement or know anybody that could help?

Maybe I should message some high level CrossFit person and see how they structure their training?

Some bodybuilders have done powerlifting before or after a show, but it is very hard on the body if the competitions are close to each other.

Your body is giving you signs that it cannot handle such demands.

I suppose some people can do both, they must be young, naturally strong, but if genetics and age are not on your side ...

I hold a triple 6 year round. 6 min mile, 600 dead, 600 squat.
Currently prepping for a 110 mile ultra.

Feel free to drop me a PM. Schedule is as follows Monday-Friday

7-8AM Swim
8:30-9:30AM Physical Therapy/Massage Therapy/Dry needling/Cupping etc
10:00-12:00 Run
2:00-3:00 Strength Training/Metabolic Conditioning

Normatecs and a hypervolt gun will be your new best friend. Running 200 test, 500mg eq, 2IU GH per day, 20 IU IGF on Friday + Saturday nights

1/2 Ironman really won't tax your system too much once you get your form down properly for your run and swim. Running distance is all about energy conservation and utilizing sling systems to carry you over muscular load. Swimming is a pure form thing. Get a center line snorkel so you don't have to focus on breathing and can just focus on the form of your free style. Also I strongly recommend learning the combat side stroke and have the ability to do 25m underwaters. Cardio is not cardio. I can run all day every day but if I miss a week of swimming my lactate buffering and cardio specific output declines drastically. Being horizontal in the water alleviates some of the gravitational pull on the circulatory system and your heart rate will peak faster. (sounds like it would be a tiny amount but it matters substantially).

Hate to be disagreeable dugbet, but I humbly disagree. Just has to do with working up to the proper load and maximizing ones' efficiency.

7-8AM Swim

Normatecs and a hypervolt gun will be your new best friend. Running 200 test, 500mg eq, 2IU GH per day, 20 IU IGF on Friday + Saturday nights

1/2 Ironman really won't tax your system too much once you get your form down properly for your run and swim. Running distance is all about energy conservation and utilizing sling systems to carry you over muscular load. Swimming is a pure form thing. Get a center line snorkel so you don't have to focus on breathing and can just focus on the form of your free style. Also I strongly recommend learning the combat side stroke and have the ability to do 25m underwaters. Cardio is not cardio. I can run all day every day but if I miss a week of swimming my lactate buffering and cardio specific output declines drastically. Being horizontal in the water alleviates some of the gravitational pull on the circulatory system and your heart rate will peak faster. (sounds like it would be a tiny amount but it matters substantially).

Hate to be disagreeable dugbet, but I humbly disagree. Just has to do with working up to the proper load and maximizing ones' efficiency.
i love this right here!! i've been running consistently for almost two years now... i'm still the strongest at any given joe-public gym... and my physique is the most athletic looking ever.
all this at close to 50yo... yesterday, i warmed up with a 3mile treadmill run at 6-7mph.. then did a high rep body weight 4 round circuit of pushups(50), pull ups(25), body weight squats(100).
after that played basketball for a couple hours... the competition is addicting.. sprained something in my foot though.. however, this morning, i feel good, and may go hit up the lunchtime courts(indoor) again.

i started on this whole 'hybrid' thing after binge watching nick bare's you tube channel.

thanks!

7-8AM Swim

what results/effects are you seeing from EQ and growth ?

what results/effects are you seeing from EQ and growth ?
To be honest, negligible. I have a non profit that pays for my GH. Data on tendon / ligament / other things relevant to my needs is overwhelming. I just haven’t personally seen anything that different.

EQ is meh at this dosage, I need it at 750mg per week for recovery however it leads to some massive tib/fib/soleus junction pumps that will wreck my life at that dose.

General recovery for me. I’m very estrogen / carb sensitive so nandrolone is off limits for me. Last run I went from 218 to 235 in two weeks with deca. Felt like it was 50 pounds on my runs. I also experience almost a pulmonary “bloat” with it.

Nicks a beast he lives pretty close to me. Drop me a PM with your email if you want and I’ll forward you some programming.

To be honest, negligible. I have a non profit that pays for my GH. Data on tendon / ligament / other things relevant to my needs is overwhelming. I just haven’t personally seen anything that different.

EQ is meh at this dosage, I need it at 750mg per week for recovery however it leads to some massive tib/fib/soleus junction pumps that will wreck my life at that dose.

General recovery for me. I’m very estrogen / carb sensitive so nandrolone is off limits for me. Last run I went from 218 to 235 in two weeks with deca. Felt like it was 50 pounds on my runs. I also experience almost a pulmonary “bloat” with it.
What PEDs and dosages are commonly used in the hybrid athlete community?

What PEDs and dosages are commonly used in the hybrid athlete community?
Test, eq, tbol, nandrolone, GH, cardamoms, new stuff is aicar. Played with it last month and didn’t notice anything honestly.

Test, eq, tbol, nandrolone, GH, cardamoms, new stuff is aicar. Played with it last month and didn’t notice anything honestly.

Dude. I literally just watched him run a 100 miler on YouTube. (Nick)

Keep talking!

Right now I’m at a 4-5 mile run which is hard, 16-20 miles on the bike isn’t terrible, swimming is atrocious

@juggy38 this is an achievement that is not easy (look at @PMCCHRIS' training volume!) but I will follow closely and definitely encourage the work you'll have to do towards the goal(s).

I know it’s going to be almost impossible. By my old lady is training for a full Ironman and she’s killing it, so it’s kinda fun to push each other. Well she pushes me. Her long runs are like 8-9 miles, 30 mile bike rides and she clips 1500 meter swims like a fish.

I needed to find something I’m bad at. I think that frustration, wanting to quit, horrific side cramps and chest on fire is good for the soul.

I hired data driven strength to do my PL programming and it’s going really well. I’ve never trained like this before…..high frequency, high PEAK intensity but low average intensity, low volume.

Fatigue has really dropped of since I switched programs, which is good, the first 3 weeks I felt like I got worked over with a bat. Doing this for 11 weeks:

Medium Bench/squat heavy
Deadlift medium
Off
Bench heavy/squat medium
Off
DL variant heavy/light bench/light squat
Off

Did you experiment with very low dose tren ?
If so how did that work for you ?

I know it’s going to be almost impossible. By my old lady is training for a full Ironman and she’s killing it, so it’s kinda fun to push each other. Well she pushes me. Her long runs are like 8-9 miles, 30 mile bike rides and she clips 1500 meter swims like a fish.

I needed to find something I’m bad at. I think that frustration, wanting to quit, horrific side cramps and chest on fire is good for the soul.

I hired data driven strength to do my PL programming and it’s going really well. I’ve never trained like this before…..high frequency, high PEAK intensity but low average intensity, low volume.

Fatigue has really dropped of since I switched programs, which is good, the first 3 weeks I felt like I got worked over with a bat. Doing this for 11 weeks:

Medium Bench/squat heavy
Deadlift medium
Off
Bench heavy/squat medium
Off
Off
Just keep pushing, sir.
Two years ago,, I could barely run/shuffle to the end of the block without my knees, shins, body just totally screaming in pain. 1/8th oa a mile
Fast forward to now and I crank out a mile without even blinking.
I've been focusing on speed of late. Hit a 3miler last night at a 8:20 pace.
My workouts for the last few weeks or so have been 1/4 mile "sprints" in between weight lifting sets.
I find this helps in BJJ or basketball when my muscles are tired but I have to keep my wind.
Plus doing 2min 1/4 miles gets me warmed up for end of workout longer runs. 3-5miles. It's boils down to time I have remaining before I have to tend to my other responsibilities. Otherwise I'd just keep working out for 3hrs. Its addicting.
About to hit a couple miles, do some pull ups, then play a few morning games of basketball.

Medium Bench/squat heavy
Deadlift medium
Off
Bench heavy/squat medium
Off
Off
you may also want to look into getting a few pair of quality running shoes.
rotate through those pairs over your training week,.
quality shoes make a difference in that they help maintain energy..
you'll feel run down if all your energy is transferring into the pavement/road.. plus you'll feel it throughout
your body. that shock also saps your energy.
i'd be a wreck right now, if i continued to run in a pair of regular tennis shoes..

you may also want to look into getting a few pair of quality running shoes.
rotate through those pairs over your training week,.
quality shoes make a difference in that they help maintain energy..
you'll feel run down if all your energy is transferring into the pavement/road.. plus you'll feel it throughout
your body. that shock also saps your energy.
i'd be a wreck right now, if i continued to run in a pair of regular tennis shoes..

I have a nice pair of ASICS that feet fleet helped me
With, but I’m looking to get another pair of brooks or xeros soon

Did you experiment with very low dose tren ?
If so how did that work for you ?

I did, about a month ago actually. Singular dosage of 250mg Tren E. Completely and utterly wrecked me. In ultra sports the guys frequently talk about taking "tren-abol". Turns out endurance athletes don't know anything about anabolics. Its T-Bol. Their slang is waaay off. @Matsuo Munefusa You can drop an "I told you so here" mate.

2 miles into a warm up on a 13 mile run and my time was 30% slower than standard - two days after the injection
150 yards into a 2,500 yard swim and I was winded and done - four days after the injection

Took about 10 days for baseline cardio to return after a singular injection of Tren. Stay the F away from tren. This is while taking cardarine and Aicar as well.

I have a nice pair of ASICS that feet fleet helped me
With, but I’m looking to get another pair of brooks or xeros soon

Go to a legit running store where they can 3-d map your foot for pronation/flat/etc. We have the "Dallas Running Store". This is one of those things that is a MUST due to the weight our community carries. If I run in generic shoes not for my arch it utterly wrecks me.

Medium Bench/squat heavy
Deadlift medium
Off
Bench heavy/squat medium
Off
Off

Here was last week, I am on a deload phase at the moment. Having some posterior chain issues. Shorter distances are done as hard and fast as possible (25-100 yards). Time on = Time off focusing on lactate buffering/energy systems.

Swim (mon-fri)
4x25 yards
4x50 yards
4x25 yards under water
2x100 yards
2x250 yards
2x500 yards
1x1,000 yards
1x2,000 yards
3x50 yards
2x25 yards

Runs
Monday (sprints)
200m, 300m, 200m,300m,100m,100m,300m,200m,100m
Tuesday
1 mile fartlicks, 13 miles total
Wednesday (sprints)
400m, 400m, 300m, 300m, 300m, 200m, 200m
Thursday (recovery run)
3 miles 62% max HR
Friday (sprints)
400m, 400m, 300m, 300m, 300m, 300m, 200m, 200m, 200m, 200m, 100m x 6
Saturday (distance run)
26.2 local marathon

Strength/Metcon
Monday
Circuit 4 sets of 6
Explosive Squats 27% 1rm + black bands
rear elevated jump slip squats
explosive frog jump
TRX assisted jump
---break---
12 sets 20seconds assault bike max effort 20 on 20 off

Tuesday
Upper Sprint work
barbell bench with sling shot 100% body weight for 12 reps 6 sets, work to rest is 1:3
Concept 2 rower 12 sets 25 seconds max effort 25 on 25 off
swinging bicept curls 30% of bodyweight 30s on 10s rest for 14 sets

Wednesday
Press circuit - 6x6
Barbell push jerk
DB swinging push puress
dynamic barbell high pull
med ball push jerk

Thursday
CNS recovery

Friday
Dynamic Pull - circuit