YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Looking back. Was it really worth it? The health, money, time you spent in this game.

I'm getting into this thread kind of late but I'm disturbed that in several threads the bodybuilding is being referred to as a "game". Does this bother anyone else (I confess I have not gone thru this whole thread)? I think it says something about the view of the person referring to it as a "game" more than anything else. So I just thought of it as a lifestyle/activity, that, yes, MAY includes some supplements, dieting, etc. Dunno, just my thoughts...

I'm getting into this thread kind of late but I'm disturbed that in several threads the bodybuilding is being referred to as a "game". Does this bother anyone else (I confess I have not gone thru this whole thread)? I think it says something about the view of the person referring to it as a "game" more than anything else. So I just thought of it as a lifestyle/activity, that, yes, MAY includes some supplements, dieting, etc. Dunno, just my thoughts...
Just a slang term for lifestyle as i see it.

i made a post along the same lines as this, i regret being so obssed with this sport. at the end of the day i spent WAY more money than i got in return. even winning overalls at shows, what did i get a fucking sword as a trophy but i spend thousands for that show? i never made it to the pro level so i never really saw the benefit of all the years of dumping money into this sport. no matter how high i placed at a national level show, i still never got the big win so at the end of the day i was still in the same boat as the average amatuer bodybuilder lol BUT at least i can say i spent a ton of money on drugs but i did compete 33 times in my career rather than just taking peds just to look big and never even doing a show.

i made a post along the same lines as this, i regret being so obssed with this sport. at the end of the day i spent WAY more money than i got in return. even winning overalls at shows, what did i get a fucking sword as a trophy but i spend thousands for that show? i never made it to the pro level so i never really saw the benefit of all the years of dumping money into this sport. no matter how high i placed at a national level show, i still never got the big win so at the end of the day i was still in the same boat as the average amatuer bodybuilder lol BUT at least i can say i spent a ton of money on drugs but i did compete 33 times in my career rather than just taking peds just to look big and never even doing a show.

Yeah but there are other hobbies out there that fall along the same lines. I have friends and family that built hot rods. You dump a ton of money into it and if you ever sell it you don't recoup the amount of money you put into it. It's just a hobby you love. I have a friend who races boats (boat drags) and same thing, you do it because you love it. It's not about reaping a big financial benefit. He loves racing and competing.

Hopefully you stop regretting it and realize it's a chapter in your life and try to look back on it fondly.

Yeah but there are other hobbies out there that fall along the same lines. I have friends and family that built hot rods. You dump a ton of money into it and if you ever sell it you don't recoup the amount of money you put into it. It's just a hobby you love. I have a friend who races boats (boat drags) and same thing, you do it because you love it. It's not about reaping a big financial benefit. He loves racing and competing.

Hopefully you stop regretting it and realize it's a chapter in your life and try to look back on it fondly.
Exactly right. Even to this day I'm grateful for what I've been able to do. I've stood on the highest place on Earth. I dove the Bloody Bay Wall (SCUBA) in the Cayman Islands. I've crawled through caves 100's of feet underground. Crossed glaciers. Carried an M4 in the desert when I was with DynCorp. Jumped out of planes. Climbed 1,000ft rock faces. Stood on the rim of an active volcano (Mt. Baker) I've done these things all over the world. Hundreds of thousands of dollars. I regret nothing.

Could I have done those things without PEDs? I truly don't know. I'm not sure I would have had the ambition req'd. I've never competed on stage. I'm actually kind of envious of this guy winning a show. What an amazing feeling that must have been! I still may try some senior level show just so I can say I did that.

I'm becoming an old man now. But I look back on my years and they were amazing times. I'm talking life-altering experience sorts of times. Almost spiritual. And it's still going. If I decide to do it, I can join a team to do a winter summit of Mt. Ranier in February. That's a $10k ascent. I believe I shall miss this planet when that day comes for me.

Doing these things, playing hard, not only did I spend a ton of $ but think of what else it cost me. Two skull fractures, compound fracture of the right humorous, shattered ribs, a punctured lung, three days in a coma on a respirator, nitrogen narcolepsy, I've broken nine of my ten fingers, three broken noses, frostbite, dysentery, torn patellar tendons, detached and dislocated shoulders, the list goes on.

I have little doubt I would have even survived this life without PEDs. It's taken a lot of PEDs, metal pins, stitches, and staples just to hold me together. 🤣

la commedia no fini

the only "regret" I have is the lifestyle as turned me into a bit of a hypochondriac. I go through phases where I worry way too much about things like HCT, RBCs, Kidneys etc.

I think the answer for me is YES, and NO. Some things I regret, others taugh me discipline and hard work ethic. Some of my regrets? in my younger days I should have formed closer relationships with friends, gone out more, drank more and just should have been a "kid"...At one point in my life I had gone 8 years without a single drink, a cookie, a mcdonalds hamburger...I was far too serious and trying to achieve something I could never achieve with my genetics. At this point in life, I am VERY financially stable but also suffering some of the potential health effects from my younger days...once again I say potential, because genetics play a role in everything...would I be in the same health situation I am now? who knows.

Exactly right. Even to this day I'm grateful for what I've been able to do. I've stood on the highest place on Earth. I dove the Bloody Bay Wall (SCUBA) in the Cayman Islands. I've crawled through caves 100's of feet underground. Crossed glaciers. Carried an M4 in the desert when I was with DynCorp. Jumped out of planes. Climbed 1,000ft rock faces. Stood on the rim of an active volcano (Mt. Baker) I've done these things all over the world. Hundreds of thousands of dollars. I regret nothing.

Could I have done those things without PEDs? I truly don't know. I'm not sure I would have had the ambition req'd. I've never competed on stage. I'm actually kind of envious of this guy winning a show. What an amazing feeling that must have been! I still may try some senior level show just so I can say I did that.

I'm becoming an old man now. But I look back on my years and they were amazing times. I'm talking life-altering experience sorts of times. Almost spiritual. And it's still going. If I decide to do it, I can join a team to do a winter summit of Mt. Ranier in February. That's a $10k ascent. I believe I shall miss this planet when that day comes for me.

Doing these things, playing hard, not only did I spend a ton of $ but think of what else it cost me. Two skull fractures, compound fracture of the right humorous, shattered ribs, a punctured lung, three days in a coma on a respirator, nitrogen narcolepsy, I've broken nine of my ten fingers, three broken noses, frostbite, dysentery, torn patellar tendons, detached and dislocated shoulders, the list goes on.

I have little doubt I would have even survived this life without PEDs. It's taken a lot of PEDs, metal pins, stitches, and staples just to hold me together. 🤣

la commedia no fini
you don't really jump out of planes. You fall off them. I have a little over 500 skydives, nobody jumps off lol

you don't really jump out of planes. You fall off them. I have a little over 500 skydives, nobody jumps off lol
Fuck that shit!!!! Never understand why people do this for fun!!!! Hellllllll NO!!!!!

Cage

the only "regret" I have is the lifestyle as turned me into a bit of a hypochondriac. I go through phases where I worry way too much about things like HCT, RBCs, Kidneys etc.
The older I get this is becoming me ^^^

That's a lot of drops.
All my jumps were army tactical jumps from c130's and helicopters. Never did a high altitude sky dive, that would be fun. Have too many tactical jumps to even fucking count, I was a Parachute rigger in the army so every chute that left our pack shed had to be re-packed so Saturday fun jumps as long as we had the air time we would jump and jump again till all the chutes were used up, so I accumulated a shit load of jumps over a three year span.

All my jumps were army tactical jumps from c130's and helicopters. Never did a high altitude sky dive, that would be fun. Have too many tactical jumps to even fucking count, I was a Parachute rigger in the army so every chute that left our pack shed had to be re-packed so Saturday fun jumps as long as we had the air time we would jump and jump again till all the chutes were used up, so I accumulated a shit load of jumps over a three year span.
There's a pretty big skydiving club here near Baltimore. I've only ever did 3 solo jumps. The rest were tandem. I would have liked more fall time definitely. I love that 0 g's feeling. Hopefully with upcoming tech I'll be able to see Earth from space. 🤞

Climbing a serac in Glacier Peak wilderness. Jetskis in Belize. And a mile above the clouds...

3249_1068275704692_8233823_n-1.jpg

3249_1069759221779_799701_n.jpg

20181201_114225.jpg

After spending decades in the aerospace industry dealing with people that design and build planes i can understand wanting to get out of them as feast as possible.

After spending decades in the aerospace industry dealing with people that design and build planes i can understand wanting to get out of them as feast as possible.
You know the phrase “jump out of perfectly good planes”? I had a drop zone owner I worked for, redneck son of a bitch but anyway he would say “perfectly good plane? Huh you seen the piles of shit I have flying?”

:D

I am 38 and started lifting in 1998 around when Ronnie won his first Mr O. All my childhood I wanted to look like my WWF (now WWE) wrestling superstars with their cartoonish muscles and envied them because the girls chased them.

I was more of a flex magazine kind of guy until I picked up my first Muscular Development and couldn’t wait to get started on gear. Back then in the early 2000s we had a mindset that these are extremely safe compounds have been demonized by politicians and older guys like Arnold are still kicking ass so keep using as much as you like.

Now at 38 I am very lucky I did not get any severe health issues but I will be on cholesterol and blood pressure meds for the rest of my life along with small doses of testosterone since I won’t ever make a legitimate amount of testosterone naturally ever again.

I look back and I made great memories. I also spent an insane amount of money on drugs, food, supplements and luckily did not run into legal issues.

Now I look very much like a balding, fat, 38 year old man but I am much better off financially, drive a much nicer car, have a much nicer paid off house, have much better credit and I think in general even females want me for more than just a piece of meat to fuck like back in the days.

So looking back I ask myself was it really worth it and I’m not sure if the answer is such a huge YES like I would want it to be?

Do any of you gentlemen feel the same way?
There is a scene in Breaking Bad where Mike tells Walter a story about a wife beater he gave a warning to and let off the hook years earlier back when he was a cop. The guy shortly after murdered his wife. Mike said he made the mistake of “taking a half-measure.” He told Walter, “no half measures.”

That’s my regret. I never dedicated myself fully to achieve my goals as a bodybuilder. When I learned about PEDs I determined to take them too, like Arnold and all those guys out in California I read about in the muscle magazines.

When I got out there and got into it, I was always very cautious. While others were taking 2,3, 8 difference substance simultaneously, I took just one. While other took the strongest stuff they could get their hands on, I took what I thought was the safest. Others stayed on full time, ramping up and down but never going off. I went off for the Doctor Kerr recommended test periods.

So I gained muscle, for sure, but I never got to that level I dreamed of.

I read about Rich Gaspari and all the stuff he took. All the crazy stuff he did to supercharge his body to try to best Lee Haney. I saw all the awesome guys in person at the gym. Tom Platz training legs. The Barbarian Brothers benching. Lee Haney training the widest shoulders I’d ever seen. Bob Paris doing cardio, ripped. Cory Everson training her superhero-like back. I remember seeing Gaspari flexing his shredded glutes guest posing at the Anaheim convention center. I wanted to be in that elite group. I had Dan Duchaine’s USH (and later USHII And Bodyopus).

A friend of mine got busted selling juice and went to the same low security prison as Dan for a year. He spent a year learning. We were dumbfounded at the quantities these guys all took. More was better. Bigger bodybuilders we’re almost universally bodybuilders who took more stuff, too more risks.

I was never willing to go that far. I thought, wrongly, if I took some more, and really dialed in all aspects of training and nutrition, I could get there. I couldn’t. It took a long time to prove that to myself. Too long.

By the time I realized that I couldn’t reach my goals without taking the same risks as those who did make it to the top tier, too much time had passed. Too much life. Marriage, kids, career. I’ll never know if I could have reached the top.

I regret taking half-measures. I loved, love bodybuilding. All of it. The workouts, the feel of having muscle, the strength, how we look, how others look at us. Love it. I should have, in my early 20’s just went for it. I should have taken more risks.

The saying “we don’t so much regret those things we did do as we regret those things we didn’t do,” is true.

Is this the "bends" from surfacing too quickly scuba diving?
No. Very different. The bends occurs when someone rises really fast and air bubbles expand throughout the body. Nitrogen occurs at depth. Too much nitrogen in the blood makes a person euphoric or drunk. Why sometimes divers will just swim off into the depths.

There is a scene in Breaking Bad where Mike tells Walter a story about a wife beater he gave a warning to and let off the hook years earlier back when he was a cop. The guy shortly after murdered his wife. Mike said he made the mistake of “taking a half-measure.” He told Walter, “no half measures.”

That’s my regret. I never dedicated myself fully to achieve my goals as a bodybuilder. When I learned about PEDs I determined to take them too, like Arnold and all those guys out in California I read about in the muscle magazines.

When I got out there and got into it, I was always very cautious. While others were taking 2,3, 8 difference substance simultaneously, I took just one. While other took the strongest stuff they could get their hands on, I took what I thought was the safest. Others stayed on full time, ramping up and down but never going off. I went off for the Doctor Kerr recommended test periods.

So I gained muscle, for sure, but I never got to that level I dreamed of.

I read about Rich Gaspari and all the stuff he took. All the crazy stuff he did to supercharge his body to try to best Lee Haney. I saw all the awesome guys in person at the gym. Tom Platz training legs. The Barbarian Brothers benching. Lee Haney training the widest shoulders I’d ever seen. Bob Paris doing cardio, ripped. Cory Everson training her superhero-like back. I remember seeing Gaspari flexing his shredded glutes guest posing at the Anaheim convention center. I wanted to be in that elite group. I had Dan Duchaine’s USH (and later USHII And Bodyopus).

A friend of mine got busted selling juice and went to the same low security prison as Dan for a year. He spent a year learning. We were dumbfounded at the quantities these guys all took. More was better. Bigger bodybuilders we’re almost universally bodybuilders who took more stuff, too more risks.

I was never willing to go that far. I thought, wrongly, if I took some more, and really dialed in all aspects of training and nutrition, I could get there. I couldn’t. It took a long time to prove that to myself. Too long.

By the time I realized that I couldn’t reach my goals without taking the same risks as those who did make it to the top tier, too much time had passed. Too much life. Marriage, kids, career. I’ll never know if I could have reached the top.

I regret taking half-measures. I loved, love bodybuilding. All of it. The workouts, the feel of having muscle, the strength, how we look, how others look at us. Love it. I should have, in my early 20’s just went for it. I should have taken more risks.

The saying “we don’t so much regret those things we did do as we regret those things we didn’t do,” is true.
I would look at it as the glass is half full. How is your health now compared to the guys you knew that took a lot of PEDs? Two of the guys I knew that took a lot are dead now, died before the age of 45.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131