over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DC

I’ve heard really great things about fortitude. I listen to anything Scott says as well. A lot of it goes over my head and i have to bust out the googles lol. Might have to look further into it

Fortitude training has to be read like 3 times to really nail how the fuck you structure your week with load sets, muscle rounds, and pump sets. But I do love it. It’s worth reading just to take away some of the concepts you can implement.

I like the advanced split too. That’s the split I was running until I tore my bicep last March. I’m currently running the 3 way split
Damn, how did you tear? On the bicep or back day?

I was actually feeling some bicep tightness as I was doing barbell curls rp, then cable curls rp on bicep day. Then preacher curls RP on back day.

I took a deload week, then switched the barbell curls our for incline db curls and things are feeling fine. I was probably hitting the bis a little to hard and moving up in weight too fast

Was it a muscle belly or tendon tear? Bicep and pec tear are my worst nightmare.

Damn, how did you tear? On the bicep or back day?

I was actually feeling some bicep tightness as I was doing barbell curls rp, then cable curls rp on bicep day. Then preacher curls RP on back day.

I took a deload week, then switched the barbell curls our for incline db curls and things are feeling fine. I was probably hitting the bis a little to hard and moving up in weight too fast

Was it a muscle belly or tendon tear? Bicep and pec tear are my worst nightmare.
In a fight with a guy high on fentanyl. Tore my right proximal bicep. Partial tear that didn’t have to be surgically repaired. Hurt like a sonavabish once the adrenaline wore off. Here’s the fine gentleman in his way for medical care 3C45FC34-3AE0-407D-A6E3-33294F39B4FE.jpeg 64189841-296C-49BE-BE91-75A5B3EA925F.jpeg 2933EA98-6E99-41CD-8F60-B9185EAE3DE9.jpeg

Jesus, what was the recovery like? The worst I've had was a partially torn labrum and pec tear. In the belly so no surgery but definitely was a while before I could train productively.

Read my first post
I gotcha, I just meant that its easier to talk directly to him there.
Dante has very strong opinions as well he should, he’s been around forever and has the experience to back it up. Unfortunately that can be very polarizing to a lot people.

Jesus, what was the recovery like? The worst I've had was a partially torn labrum and pec tear. In the belly so no surgery but definitely was a while before I could train productively.
Pretty good amount of pt, wore a sling for several weeks but no surgical intervention necessary. I had some weird tingling in my pinky finger for awhile afterwards. But it’s back to being stronger than the other side now and I have a slightly better peak

Going to be trying the dc 2 day split for the first time. Looking forward to it. Been following john meadows programmes up until now, gamma bomb, odin force then creeping death, I think the reduction of volume is gonna be a good change

Anyone have any specific things you learned from @DOGGCRAPP that made a huge difference?
The two way split is great! Even the order of the exercises is spot on for me. Other than that:

-stretch under load/ loaded stretches.
-PJR pull overs
-rack chins
-microloading

The two way split is great! Even the order of the exercises is spot on for me. Other than that:

-PJR pull overs
-rack chins
-microloading
Are you doing the rack chins to the front or just touching the back of the head

-PJR pull overs
-rack chins
-microloading
The stretch under load is one of the things I just found from him that I like a lot.

Going to give the rack chins a try too

What’s microloading?

The stretch under load is one of the things I just found from him that I like a lot.

Going to give the rack chins a try too

What’s microloading?
I believe, may be wrong, using 1.25 and 2.5 lb plates to keep progressing so you can milk all you can out of an exercise before needing to drop it.

Example barbell curls...you do 100 for 20-30 rp...then 105....then 110....115...120...125...130...now your struggling to get stronger...can't keep adding 5 lbs so try 132.5...then 135...137.5. eventually you can't get stronger so then you have to switch to db curls. Maybe even looking back, you could have added 2.5 lbs each time sooner vs 5 and would have eventually surpassed 137.5 if you hadn't loaded up the bar so quick

I could be wrong someone feel free to correct..

Rack chins are a phenomenal exercise.

I believe, may be wrong, using 1.25 and 2.5 lb plates to keep progressing so you can milk all you can out of an exercise before needing to drop it.

Example barbell curls...you do 100 for 20-30 rp...then 105....then 110....115...120...125...130...now your struggling to get stronger...can't keep adding 5 lbs so try 132.5...then 135...137.5. eventually you can't get stronger so then you have to switch to db curls. Maybe even looking back, you could have added 2.5 lbs each time sooner vs 5 and would have eventually surpassed 137.5 if you hadn't loaded up the bar so quick

Naa you got it. A lot of the starting strength guys love micro plates because you can drag out linear progression programs forever. Which I don’t think is a great idea but that’s another hill I’m not going to die on.

But to get 2-3 weeks out of a hypertrophy movement, I like the idea.

Hell my stupid ass fitness gym doesn’t even have 2.5 plates.

It’s funny. I always used to make fun of guys using 2.5lb plates, like “stop being a pussy, if you’re going up in weight, use a 5, 10, or even 25”

But this actually makes sense for progressive overloading training lol

But there are still pussies who aren’t training progressive overload who use 2.5lb plates lol

It’s funny. I always used to make fun of guys using 2.5lb plates, like “stop being a pussy, if you’re going up in weight, use a 5, 10, or even 25”

But this actually makes sense for progressive overloading training lol

But there are still pussies who aren’t training progressive overload who use 2.5lb plates lol
I think there used to be a guy Bryan haycock who invented hst hypertrophic specific training who said small increases wouldn't create a new stimulus the body wouldn't recognize them and grow. I think he called it the repeated bout effects.

My personal opinion, the science guys with their fancy routines and pushing of powders and capsules usually look like scientists. The guys who lift heavy weight to failure are usually the biggest

Not a fan of all this evidence based optimization of training so I'm not buying into the repeated bout effect. Lol.

I try to increase 5 to 10 lbs each week but start to slow down when I realize I'm going to max out too quick and have to drop one of my favorite exercises.

I think there used to be a guy Bryan haycock who invented hst hypertrophic specific training who said small increases wouldn't create a new stimulus the body wouldn't recognize them and grow. I think he called it the repeated bout effects.

My personal opinion, the science guys with their fancy routines and pushing of powders and capsules usually look like scientists. The guys who lift heavy weight to failure are usually the biggest

Not a fan of all this evidence based optimization of training so I'm not buying into the repeated bout effect. Lol.

I try to increase 5 to 10 lbs each week but start to slow down when I realize I'm going to max out too quick and have to drop one of my favorite exercises.
So if I use 2.5 pound weights to increase my bench from 225 to 400 then my body won’t recognize them and grow? Not buying it.
Also, the amount your increasing is gonna depend on the exercise. Bumping your leg press up by 20-30 pounds isn’t too bad. But adding 10 pounds on a curl is gonna be tough

So if I use 2.5 pound weights to increase my bench from 225 to 400 then my body won’t recognize them and grow? Not buying it.
Also, the amount your increasing is gonna depend on the exercise. Bumping your leg press up by 20-30 pounds isn’t too bad. But adding 10 pounds on a curl is gonna be tough
Exactly. I do not buy into the repeated bout effect and not a fan of the overcomplicating of training ( a simple concept) that is going on today with all these studies (many on untrained people) and training systems being sold

Use good form
Get stronger
Recover
Don't get injured
Eat to support growth
Don't get fat

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads