over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diet soft drinks - just say no

I love Coke Zero but I do agree, water with some of that Walmart flavoring makes me feel better and at least for me it makes me feel full while diet soda at times almost makes me feel hungry, probably a mental thing with me

I was a 2-liter per day diet Pepsi drinker. Zero calories.. caffeine.. fizzy.. good right? WRONG. Since quitting that crap I feel much better. Not only is my BP down but I think it was screwing with my metabolism. Messing with my gut and appetite too. I thought it was just scare tactics to get people to stop but no, truth, it's real.

And when I say real, I mean real bad. I got bad headaches for a week. Weaned off and I'm done with it. Forget the real sugar cane, splenda, aspartame, saccharin. It's all shit.

Plus they ALL have phosphoric acid which is eating away the enamel on your teeth even.

The carbonation is okay and even helps digestion for me but the other garbage that comes with it is not worth it.

Chime in if you're catchin' what I'm throwin'. Club soda and seltzer only from here on out.

Coke Zero is like crack for me, especially when traveling for work (which is a lot). I have slowly tried to make the change to sprite or 7up zero and I've noticed a change just from that. Likely from reduced caffeine and your guess is as good as mine for any other reason.

I've been also trying to switch to seltzer water, which I don't love but I seem to like it a bit more each time.

I drink two Pepsi maxes a day....and I drink i some water. I'm going to live a little on the edge :)

I used to drink tons of diet soda as well. I find the taste disgusting now as I quit drinking it a few yrs ago. I find myself feeling much better without it but who knows what the real culprit is with diet soda as the fda is corrupt. I have a soda water on occasion.

I know I don’t drink enough water every day. It’s just a habit I have not adopted. My wife says I am a camel.

I am a San Pelingrino guy. 1 -2 big bottles per day Have not had a manufactured drink since I don’t know when. Wait . . . I tell a lie. I do drink 1 non-alcoholic beer before dinner (Athlete Brewing Co., IPA, it’s the best!) most nights.

I do think the juries out for me when it comes to feeling better the more water I drink.
Recently got in to athletic brewing company…I’ve been loving it. I love craft beer, but it was time to give it up. The hazy ipa is my favorite, but the stout is good on a cold night too.

More on track with this thread though, I used to be a huge Diet Coke guy. As others have mentioned, pretty much nothing but spindrift for me now. I buy it by the case from Costco.

Moderation is everything here. I don't drink diet soda but if I had one every day, I wouldn't worry at all. It gets a bad reputation because people abuse it.

My caffeine intake is one cup of coffee in the morning and then I take a pre workout after breakfast before training. I get about 300mg caffeine per day.

I love Coke Zero but I do agree, water with some of that Walmart flavoring makes me feel better and at least for me it makes me feel full while diet soda at times almost makes me feel hungry, probably a mental thing with me
When you cut to just water, after a time you only want water as does your body which water helps with all markers of good health

since giving up caffeine, i've found myself only drinking water.
i'd consume energy drinks to start the day. diet coke/pepper/dew to help
digest a fatty steak.
but now, i stick to only water.
actually taking a cue from some board members who only drink water.
so trying my hand at living cleaner diet wise, while also improving my
endurance.. always setting new endurance goals, which have carried over into
other aspect of my life.. 'go one more..'

many dont realize it, but i take away many positive things from this board.
especially diet, workout consistency, financial discipline(really pay attention to 'ouch that hurts' financial related posts)
it may seem and odd thing to say, but i ask myself.. if i was to post a pic or meet a board member, would my physique match
up with all the shit i talk? i believe so, but that simple thought alone motivates me to not skip a workout, etc.

When you cut to just water, after a time you only want water as does your body which water helps with all markers of good health
this is facts all day.. i only reach for water since cutting out the diet sodas and such.
i will keep a carb drink on the ready for when i'm running or working out.
i went hypo once on a run, and ever since then i always keep something on me. some mike-and-ikes, etc.
didnt help that i was running tren at the time while also cutting cals. was probably 280+ trying to lose weight to fast.

Along the same lines; for the longest time I suspected artificial sweeteners were causing me some kind of harm as it pertains to digestion, bloating, and frequent urination. I stopped my intake of diet drinks a few years ago, but my protein powder is sweetened with sucralose. Almost 20 years of shakes like other people here too. Well, I finally decided to buy unflavoured whey isolate and a few things happened:

I noticed it tastes fine. In fact, I prefer it. None of us knows how much sucralose or whatever is in each scoop. The labels just say what it's sweetened with. So our intakes could be very high.

Within four days I was weighing 3-4 lb less on the scale, my stomach wasn't as bloated visually, and my lifting belt fits tighter. I'm also not running to the bathroom as much either. All sweeteners, even stevia, cause me bladder irritation and I found out other members in my family had the same issue.

So if anyone dropped whey on the hunch that it was the dairy causing them problems, try unflavoured. It may have been the sweetener.

Along the same lines; for the longest time I suspected artificial sweeteners were causing me some kind of harm as it pertains to digestion, bloating, and frequent urination. I stopped my intake of diet drinks a few years ago, but my protein powder is sweetened with sucralose. Almost 20 years of shakes like other people here too. Well, I finally decided to buy unflavoured whey isolate and a few things happened:

I noticed it tastes fine. In fact, I prefer it. None of us knows how much sucralose or whatever is in each scoop. The labels just say what it's sweetened with. So our intakes could be very high.

Within four days I was weighing 3-4 lb less on the scale, my stomach wasn't as bloated visually, and my lifting belt fits tighter. I'm also not running to the bathroom as much either. All sweeteners, even stevia, cause me bladder irritation and I found out other members in my family had the same issue.

So if anyone dropped whey on the hunch that it was the dairy causing them problems, try unflavoured. It may have been the sweetener.
Never even crossed my mind. But it will now. 🎯

Recently got in to athletic brewing company…I’ve been loving it. I love craft beer, but it was time to give it up. The hazy ipa is my favorite, but the stout is good on a cold night too.

More on track with this thread though, I used to be a huge Diet Coke guy. As others have mentioned, pretty much nothing but spindrift for me now. I buy it by the case from Costco.
Yea, Athletic really owns the nonalcoholic beer market. I don’t drink alcohol (my accelerometer started working better than my brakes) and I have tried about every nonalcoholic beer out there and they easily make the best. (The New Yorker magazine did a feature article on them.)

Enjoy!

I know I don’t drink enough water every day. It’s just a habit I have not adopted. My wife says I am a camel.

I am a San Pelingrino guy. 1 -2 big bottles per day Have not had a manufactured drink since I don’t know when. Wait . . . I tell a lie. I do drink 1 non-alcoholic beer before dinner (Athlete Brewing Co., IPA, it’s the best!) most nights.

I do think the juries out for me when it comes to feeling better the more water I drink.
I really like San Pelligrino. I got awy with it. You should dd in some Italian wine now and then like Fridays and Saturdays with your wife. Chianti, Brunello, Pino Grigio, many Rosso from Abruzzo or Molise. But it has to come right from Italy or it is poisoned with preservatives. VEry different over there. I lived there for a while. I would come home from work, drink 1/2 a bottle of Custoza, take a nap and go out running. Very different over there. The wine actually feels like a nutrient. .. Oh and fuck diet soda. It's poison.

Never been a diet drink person. The flavor was terrible to me at least. Now I’ll take an ice cold “slightly slushy” Coca Cola any time!!!! Soooooo damn good!

Cage

IF I DRINK A SODA, it’s cane sugar only and I like en almost flat, when you’re so used to water the carbonation hurts my mouth even the rare times I drink, like Veterans Day, I’ll open all my beers in the fridge so they bubble off the more I drink and I can also drink em faster.

I've never had an issue my entire life drinking diet sodas or crystal light.

Two liters a day of diet soda, ouch. I would imagine that would leach calcium out your body being its acidic and your body would buffer it back to near neutral.

Have you ever tried drink water with lemon or lime. Its pretty damn refreshing and its basic compared to acidic.

Two liters a day of diet soda, ouch. I would imagine that would leach calcium out your body being its acidic and your body would buffer it back to near neutral.

Have you ever tried drink water with lemon or lime. Its pretty damn refreshing and its basic compared to acidic.
That's exactly what I've done. I drink a gallon a day of water by habit. Fortunately, my water comes from a nearby reservoir and passes through a filter on both my kitchen faucet and the refrigerator. It tastes as clean and fresh as anything I've found in stores. I do occasionally drink seltzer or club soda with a twist of lemon or lime and it's extremely refreshing. I enjoy it every bit as much as a tall diet soft drink. It also seems to help with mild dyspepsia.

There are undeniable benefits such as blood pressure and metabolism but whether the rest is placebo or not, is of little consequence as I just simply feel better. And when I feel better, I perform better, I'm just generally a far more upbeat person. Going back to soft drinks is about as appealing as eating a stick of Rolos candy. Ick! Just don't have the taste for it anymore. A sweet treat for me these days is a peanut butter banana sandwich with a glass of whole milk.

As a result, I haven't had a cavity since 1991. But I have had are two ultraviolet whitenings to remove the stains from all the pop. (here we call it "pop")

Never been a diet drink person. The flavor was terrible to me at least. Now I’ll take an ice cold “slightly slushy” Coca Cola any time!!!! Soooooo damn good!

Cage
I do this too sometimes. Put soda in a metal shaker, leave it in the freezer for a while, if it's too frozen when you take it out use a knife to break it up some.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131