over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Interesting Melatonin Post….

Brock456

Registered
Newbies

I’m currently taking 5mg, sometimes 7.5mg. This has me debating going higher…. Anyone have experience?

Thoughts?

Wow. That’s fascinating. I take 10mgs every other night. I’ve done 20 and felt a little groggy every time. 70 sounds interesting

cant see whatever that is but ive taken spoonfulls of pure powder.
its hormone.
some ideas with high doses and restting things kinda sorta.

cant see whatever that is but ive taken spoonfulls of pure powder.
its hormone.
some ideas with high doses and restting things kinda sorta.
It’s a post by @DOGGCRAPP on studies showing the benefits of high dosage melatonin…. Multiple benefits

I would be i interested in seeing the studies he is talking about. I have never seen any larger studies done on people with those doses for extended periods. have been interested in anti-aging since the 70's and have not seen where such high doses are routinely used. The body produces far less then 1 mg a day as i remember. I am a bit skeptical that taking 400x what the body produces is a fountain of youth.

I have 10 mg melatonin tablets for when I really can't get to sleep. Double-edged sword: it puts me to sleep, but I'm groggy the next day. I'm also quite irritable. I find this with all sleep aids. 100% not following this.

All the mega-dosing recommendations I've come across over the years has had me do nothing but run to the bathroom to piss it all out.

I do recall an article in Muscle-Fitness or Flex magazine about taking melatonin during the day and it was supposed to be beneficial for HGH release or something.

As far as I understand you need to take melatonin and also let darkness enter your eyesight for it to maximally make you tired.

This has been posted about a lot on longetivity forums. Leo longetivity has made videos on this as well that could be beneficial for some. I have tried high dosed melatonin but I tend to just stick with 10mg max dose these days. High doses can really bring out anxiety in me so I decided to stop.

I checked on Amazon and there are a few manufacturers who sell 60 mg tablets, so there might be something to this. Dante did recommend that you build up to a higher dose. I'd like to sleep a little more on the weekend and might try graduating up one Wed, Thurs, and Fri to see what it does.

There have literally been dozens of studies in the past few years showing the positive benefits of using Melatonin at various doses, and for various health benefits, especially for females. I was going to start a thread here on it, but figured it wasn't hardcore enough, lol. It's one of the few supplements that even Lyle McDonald has posted positively on over the last few years (not saying he promotes it either). Melatonin is very promising, but the dosing seems to be in question on what is ideal, and for what purpose. Also, like mentioned, higher doses show promise, but that doesn't mean much if the next day it makes the user feel tired and sleepy. I'd say experiment and use what dose works best for you.

I saw his post earlier too and immediately did some searching. Found a couple studies that seemed to back up the claims. I'm interested in taking the 60mg tabs to see if they help with visceral fat as he claims.

I would build up a tolerance to it fast when i took melatonin. started off with 3mg and was fine. two or 3 nights after that i bumped it up to 6mg and eventually i started taking 10mg for it to help me sleep and then after awhile i tried going to bed without it and was fine.

ive been prescribed lunesta but quit taking it after the 3rd night. would give me a weird taste in my mouth the next morning.

now i sleep fine and ive heard its bc of sleep apnea but damn its nice being able to fall asleep almost as soon as my head hits the pillow lol

I take 10mg most nights right before bed and get no sides. At times I'll take Benadryl as well when I really need to sleep but I'll wake up a little groggy from it

I would be i interested in seeing the studies he is talking about. I have never seen any larger studies done on people with those doses for extended periods. have been interested in anti-aging since the 70's and have not seen where such high doses are routinely used. The body produces far less then 1 mg a day as i remember. I am a bit skeptical that taking 400x what the body produces is a fountain of youth.
He posted a link to studies in his bio.

Not sure everyone read the post, but the benefits have included burning visceral fat, anti Alzheimer’s prevention, lower blood pressure, etc.

I’m interested to try….

Also @buck1973 check your DMs

I take it with diphenhydramine and doctor prescribed klonopin before bed. Sleep like a baby.

You haven’t built a tolerance to this? I have tried them all alone or together to try and wean off klonopin since the VA prescribed it 14yrs ago before I had knowledge of dependence.

Ironically, I actually stopped taking Melatonin. I used to use high dose, up to 80mg a night, and really saw no additional benefit or improvement in sleep. I would still wake up after three or four hours and be unable to get back to sleep. Also used to use up to 100mg+ of diphenhydramine. I've significantly tightened my finances and decided to stop buying it. The result was actually BETTER sleep. I get atleast a solid six hours now, which was rare for me, but now the norm. Now, I use maybe 25-50mg benadryl and indica dominant high CBD cannabis strains. Sleep quality has greatly improved.

500 mcg > 1 mg > 5 mg >> 45 mg of Melatonin. Melatonin is not the hormone you want to use for visceral fat loss. There are just a few better choices. The same goes for its use in lowering blood pressure and potential benefits for Alzheimer's progression... better choices exist. Personally, 5 mg makes me feel like shit (way too much) & the low dose (mcgs) works best.

Staff online

• Bio
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner