Reducing waist size

b-boy

IFBB Pro / Quadruple Featured Member/ Verified Cus
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
No long ago in a thread there was mention of pros not being able to reduce their waist size, i had mentioned Ben Pak as being one to do so and then today on Instagram I see this post from Charles G.
Looks to me his waist is smaller, is this just from practicing vacuums 🤔 Screenshot_20220324-043332_Instagram.jpg

Looks bigger and leaner too.!!
You think it was just vacuums or that with not over eating , maybe a corset??
I know some people insist they don't do anything but others swear they work (a corset)

Look at the separation between his abs - the space is smaller. I wonder if ol’ boy just lost a ton of internal fat. Looks way leaner.

Looks bigger and leaner too.!!
You think it was just vacuums or that with not over eating , maybe a corset??
I know some people insist they don't do anything but others swear they work (a corset)
Maybe a combination of less food, better food choices, consistently practicing vacuums, probably a lot of factors here but the difference is definitely noticeable. Matt Jenson changed something!

If both fotos had him doing a vacuum then we would have a valid comparison, something to talk about.

If both fotos had him doing a vacuum then we would have a valid comparison, something to talk about.
You honestly can't see the difference in his waist? WOW

QUESTION.... if he pulled a vacuum would his obliques become more narrow also?

The whole process is what makes the (illusion) of tighter waist! Getting the fat off oblique area, getting the lats to flare more, being able to control abdominal distention (spelling) through practices of vacuum.

The whole process is what makes the (illusion) of tighter waist! Getting the fat off oblique area, getting the lats to flare more, being able to control abdominal distention (spelling) through practices of vacuum.

Yes.

My eye’s arr that good 😉

First off, i love Griffen and his physique. ALWAYS been a big fan of his.

And like you said bboy, probably a big combo of a lot of things. His waist definiteeely got smaller.
It's also a true posing thing too. Dudes can hit a front double bi 2 different ways.

1. Chest out, flare lats while trying to slightly contract downnn and realllly flexing their abs. LOTS of guys do this. IMO, you can show off a tight 6-pack and ab development like this. OR
2. Chest out, flare lats and pulling your stomach in (almost thru your spin) with a vacuum. It almost elevates your rib cage up and seems to accentuate the V taper and lat flare MORE. You aren't showing that tight 6-pack, but you're giving the illusion of a smaller waist with your taper. And if you're lean enough, you'll still see really good ab development (like Griffen has here).

Seems like Griffen switched it from 1 to 2 here. That, along with less food, tons of vaccums, maybe a waist trainer, have realllly helped his look. My blocky ass wide waist has never even tried to hit #1. Looks straight terrrrible lol. Last time i worked with Kenny Wallach he kinda told me the same thing LOL. "Push that rib cage to the sky!" #2 is deeefinitely the way to go for me.

Charles did have multiple hernias repaired a few years ago. Both of these pics are after the surgery but I know from my hernia surgery it's taken time to be able to regain control of my midsection. I don't work that hard at it doing vacuums and such but it does take time.

The difference in the pics might just be him being more diligent at doing vacuums, cat crunches, etc.

That’s what I was gonna say. He’s clearly shaved some of those obliques off

I wonder if its actually reduced or if its an optical illusion.

I have no clue about anatomy but I wonder if pulling of a vacuum will "pull up" some organs in your intestines which makes them not push as much to the sides.

This is impressive. Shape matters, scale does not.

I'd be interested in what the weight difference and waist measurement are before and after.

Charles did have multiple hernias repaired a few years ago. Both of these pics are after the surgery but I know from my hernia surgery it's taken time to be able to regain control of my midsection. I don't work that hard at it doing vacuums and such but it does take time.

The difference in the pics might just be him being more diligent at doing vacuums, cat crunches, etc.
I wonder if he had diastasis recti too. I developed that after my hernia surgery. I think it might have something to do with how they pump your abdomen full of air to expand it. Maybe when your abs are thick muscled that ends up tearing the linea alba? Just a theory. Maybe he had that happen and then got it repaired too.

Having one makes your abs stick out, and it's not very tight. Sucks bad.

He almost looks like a different man. Great improvement.

I've been saying this for years. Top bbers and their coaches are sometimes just complete morons. These guys walk around with their abs loose and distended 24/7, and then they try (well, some of them try) to keep them tight on the day of the show. If the guys with big abs/guts would walk around all day, 24/7, with that gut sucked in and vacuumed like a fat kid at school trying to hide his belly, they would all experience significant, if not dramatic, tightening and shrinking of the waist.

Queefer wore a squeem all the time the last 4 months before his Jr. Nationals show. Pinkton has dropped his waist a lot wearing a belt a lot of the time. I have seen some crazy small waists on females who wear a squeem all the time. Squeem meaning a waist trimmer similar to a corset.

I’m not sure the actual structure/size of the waist changed. I’m sure as fuck that he learned how to control it and pose it better for his structure.

I was blown away when I saw this. The change itself is very small, but what the change does for his physique is insane.

The days if lazy bodybuilding is fading. The more effort you put in, in a daily basis is taking guys who probably shouldn't be competitive and making them beat guys 10 years ago they wouldn't.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws