over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Are we just all addicts?

Ak47

Registered
Newbies
Please don’t take this as a holier than thou thread, but Cedric’s death really is fucking with my head. How many of these bodybuilders die and we mourn and are shocked, yet go about making sure we don’t skip our injections, orals and meals? Why do we do this? I’m really asking myself if I can really stop taking AAS and if I’m addicted to being being, being stronger and the attention it garners? Is quitting even possible?

it's simple really..

if the PED's are destroying your health, but you continue to use them anyways, you are an addict.

if the PED's are not destroying your health, and you are taking the necessary precautions to prevent yourself from developing issues, you are not an addict.

I had this discussion with a gym bro today. Every time a bodybuilder dies (at a "young" age) he ALWAYS uses the excuse of an underlying condition. Then I asked him, if so many BB are dying of underlying conditions, why aren't we seeing 20-30-40 year old MLB players or NBA players dropping dead at his rate. His answer? "Happening to them too. Look at Hank Gathers he had an underlying heart condition." I was like, dude Gathers died 32 years ago. More active BB have died due to non-accidental or intentional reasons in the past 2 years than in all other pro sports combined for the past decade. From Cedric, to John Meadows, to Rhoden to Piana, Boston Lloyd to ____________ fill in names, we (our bb community) continue to make excuses about underlying conditions. WE ALL HAVE UNDERLYING CONDITIONS. Nobody lives forever. We all have something that is going to take us out. Cancer. Heart attack. Etc. But using anabolics will get MOST people there MUCH faster than you expect. Yet, we still make excuses about underlying conditions in order to justify continuing on our current path to hugeness.

This post hits home.
My brother is a terrible meth addict. Every time we fight he brings up my steroid use and says it’s the same thing.
Then I try and justify my use or I’ll say I’m not homeless, I support my family, I haven’t sold everything I own. He’s been homeless for many many years now. I’ve stopped “cruise” but I have always gone back on. The past two years I only have gone on in summer. I think I’m done but I can’t say I’ll never go on again because I don’t think that’s a statement I can stick to. Just hrt right now.
But yes we are addicts. Functioning addicts.

tren was probably the hardest one for me to stop besides test.. i need it now but i havent blasted in a long time. only when i decide to run other compounds with it.

i do think some of the deaths were from steroids and sarms, some from a combo of PED's/coofid and PED's/coofid vxseen

(am not trying to make this about the pandemic or even have a convo about the topic. just saying those other 2 things have caused issues also)

tren was probably the hardest one for me to stop besides test.. i need it now but i havent blasted in a long time. only when i decide to run other compounds with it.

i do think some of the deaths were from steroids and sarms, some from a combo of PED's/coofid and PED's/coofid vxseen

(am not trying to make this about the pandemic or even have a convo about the topic. just saying those other 2 things have caused issues also)
I haven’t cycled without Tren in almost a 8 years. Keep in mind trust I have gone off during that time for as long as 8 months periods without any AAS, but I always come back to Tren. I really hate that it’s an addiction and I really don’t know that even the deaths of so many bodybuilders I’d enough for me to permanently stop

I haven’t cycled without Tren in almost a 8 years. Keep in mind trust I have gone off during that time for as long as 8 months periods without any AAS, but I always come back to Tren. I really hate that it’s an addiction and I really don’t know that even the deaths of so many bodybuilders I’d enough for me to permanently stop
tren makes me bat shit crazy, thats the first reason i stopped taking it (after many cycles of it) and then the negative libido side effects and the possibility of irreversible side effects is what pretty much closed that door for me... but GD its fuckin awesome lol. im just glad i have a strong will power when it comes to addiction.

I don’t know. I would certainly say I don’t have an addictive personality as I’ve been able to stop use of addictive substances a lot easier than most.

I definitely think I have an obsessive personality though and my obsession over the last decade plus has been bodybuilding, at an increasing level each year. I’m definitely obsessed with making the progress and self actualization but I’m more than ready to stop the drugs for all the many reasons there are not to take them - health risks, legality, price, generally just being a pain in the ass. Everyone I interact with currently knows me as a bodybuilder but I don’t take any real enjoyment from the ‘attention’ and I think my look as a natural was better liked by most even if I got less recognition for it.

Hard to differentiate between obsession and addiction, I guess.

Please don’t take this as a holier than thou thread, but Cedric’s death really is fucking with my head. How many of these bodybuilders die and we mourn and are shocked, yet go about making sure we don’t skip our injections, orals and meals? Why do we do this? I’m really asking myself if I can really stop taking AAS and if I’m addicted to being being, being stronger and the attention it garners? Is quitting even possible?
Quitting is very possible. Though quitting might not be the healthiest option depending on how long you've been at this.
The problem is how you identify with yourself. The farther down the rabbit hole you go makes it that much harder to change the person you've become. The lifestyle you live and the friends/relationships you've developed over time become a part of your identity.
It's an easy concept to grasp when you get older. When your competitive nature gives way to familial responsibilities. Your kids, their education, your marriage, your mortgage...your job.
After years of abuse your HPTA doesn't give a shit. It just sees a lack of test is your bloodstream and can't do anything about it. That's when TRT becomes essential. Essential in so many ways. I really think we don't give testosterone and its derivatives the respect it deserves. It's extremely powerful in small amounts. It's biological TNT in how it's utilized in BBing and the strength community today.

You’re only an addict if you can’t stop.
Sometimes I’ll go 7-10 days or so without even doing my prescribed TRT and not even think about it.
On the other side of the coin I have friends who have mental breakdowns and become suicidal if they lose their six pack so they are chasing anavar with the shots of liquor at the clubs.

Cedric’s death is terrible.
If you’re teetering on the edge of death in your 40s from gear and not on the Olympia stage… I would say yes. If you are on the stage, I’d call you dedicated.
It’s a matter of perspective imo

I had this discussion with a gym bro today. Every time a bodybuilder dies (at a "young" age) he ALWAYS uses the excuse of an underlying condition. Then I asked him, if so many BB are dying of underlying conditions, why aren't we seeing 20-30-40 year old MLB players or NBA players dropping dead at his rate. His answer? "Happening to them too. Look at Hank Gathers he had an underlying heart condition." I was like, dude Gathers died 32 years ago. More active BB have died due to non-accidental or intentional reasons in the past 2 years than in all other pro sports combined for the past decade. From Cedric, to John Meadows, to Rhoden to Piana, Boston Lloyd to ____________ fill in names, we (our bb community) continue to make excuses about underlying conditions. WE ALL HAVE UNDERLYING CONDITIONS. Nobody lives forever. We all have something that is going to take us out. Cancer. Heart attack. Etc. But using anabolics will get MOST people there MUCH faster than you expect. Yet, we still make excuses about underlying conditions in order to justify continuing on our current path to hugeness.
Is it really the anabolics or the byproduct they produce in many? Like massive size. Carrying way more mass than your body was intended to carry? That’s hard as hell on a heart. The endless eating, poor sleep, ancillary drugs etc… Those things really seem to shorten a life.

Is it really the anabolics or the byproduct they produce in many? Like massive size. Carrying way more mass than your body was intended to carry? That’s hard as hell on a heart. The endless eating, poor sleep, ancillary drugs etc… Those things really seem to shorten a life.
This right here.... the fellas passing (for the most part) are HUGE.... You don't see Mens Physique guys passing...or even Classic guys.... and trust, Physique guys blast a ton of shit too... IN MY OPINION its the anabolics PLUS being over 240 that really puts one in a dangerous place....

Cedric, as good a man as he appeared to be, made some very bad choices which affected his mortality! He had been sick with pneumonia. I'm not clear if he already had heart issues or the pneumonia played a roll in that but the fact of the matter is that he did in fact have heart issues. How much was illness and how much was AAS related is unclear. NOBODY knows what that ratio is. In another thread it was stated that Cedric's ejection fraction was 10%. That may have come up at some point post pneumonia/heart issues but at his age the best choice would have been to retire, scale back to TRT/HRT, possibly find a position within the supplement industry or something bodybuilding related if he so desired, but sadly he didn't. My point is that bad decision making on his part, considering his health issues, played a significant role in his death.

I've quit steroids many times. Usually at the end of a bulk or cut when I run out of gear.

That's a joke but seriously, many times I've had 3-4 months worth of test/eq/arimidex/nolva, etc just sitting around and I don't get into it because I only want to cycle 2x a year and it's the wrong month to start.

So can AAS be addictive or habit forming? Yes.
But nothing like alcohol or tobacco, there's no way a 6pack would just sit in my fridge from November to June without me going after it.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws