over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Calum Von Moger In ICU After Jumping Through 2nd Story Window

It's not a discussion of rec drugs just for the sake of discussing rec drugs. The primary story is about a bodybuilder who tried to kill himself!
Yea, I agree. It is a slippery slope. And I am as guilty as anyone of taking a thread off the rails.

A gentile reminder to stay on topic is always a good thing.

You can become somewhat dependent on Kratom, and then it sucks when you stop. Nothing terrible...for me it was pretty bad fatigue for a few weeks. Some of those strains jump up your BP allot too. So maybe better than taking opioids, but not harmless in itself.
I’m well aware of it. I was dependent on it for years.

Thread was derailed because too many people simply don't understand addiction and seem to need it explained to them...again....and again...and again. I held my comments as long as I could.

As a recovered addict I hope he gets the help he needs not the judgement. Judge the disease not the person.

Kind of like separating the soldier from the war. No one likes war but we always support our soldiers.

Are you assuming he planned this? Seems pretty clear that it was a spur of the moment tweaker decision. He could have easily killed himself jumping out of a second story window. Landing on your head/neck will do the trick. People seem to think he landed on his feet...maybe he did, maybe he didn't. I would bet that he did a Superman out of the window and came down head first.
According to the video just posted it was planned. But we’ll never know for sure since only CVM knows!

Cut himself to shit, blood all over the home, and he jumps out of a window to elude the people/friends coming to help him!

Christ….. Such a damn shame! Dark times and drugs are a BAD combination!!!!! Looks like they got the best of CVM.

Cage

Thread was derailed because too many people simply don't understand addiction and seem to need it explained to them...again....and again...and again. I held my comments as long as I could.

As a recovered addict I hope he gets the help he needs not the judgement. Judge the disease not the person.

Kind of like separating the soldier from the war. No one likes war but we always support our soldiers.
I don't agree with this. People do violent things, drive drunk, kill others when on drugs, that wasn't an additiction that was a human harming another. There is no draft anymore so soldiers are doing what they do for their government or because its a job.

I agree we all have different experiences i never like to put my life out there unless its to help and this is not to look better than anyone else ..

I was addicted to opiates/herion/fentanyl anything to go down was in my lane . I did this for 18yrs kept a full time job i have been to rehab 5 times and did the suboxone clinic for 6 yrs like u said trading one set of handcuffs for another . They are meant for a 7 day detox but do release what you crave into ur receptors.. last rehab i went 6 months got on vivitrol which if anyone knows has no withdrawals but can be nasty your pleasure sensors wont know ur using drugs and u can overdose or if u drink u will get “rubber legs “ but dont know ur drunk and can get alcohol poisoning..

Long story short AUG 20 ill have 6 yrs sober i go to meetings which i thought was a “cult”
But actually to listen it helps at least for me i dont do a sponsor but have friends like them i rely on . And if addicts need help i tell them how i did it if they ask and assist them if needed

This is just me sharing my experience. No better than anyone just a fellow addict .

Danny
So much respect for this bro. I’ve been on that road. I know it well. You finally made it to the light and from one to another, I have nothing but admiration and pride for you.
One day at a time. So true.

I don’t understand how people become addicted to this shit.
He literally had it all. When you start to lose things why can’t you stop.

I’ve never done that drug so I don’t know. But are you coherent? Do you have the ability to think? Why can’t he say I lost my money all my shit this drug is ruining my life. Why does that not happen?
They can think. They're still coherent (when they come down), but the pain of not having the drug overwhelms the knowledge of long-term consequences.

Severe dopamine deficiency is a real and horrible thing. Drugs that cause massive dopamine release, such as Meth, cause dopamine deficiency when the drug wears off. I the beginning, his is less extreme and lass for a relatively short period of time. A full recovery is made rapidly. However, over time, with continued use (and especially chronic use), the neurotransmitter system's ability to replenish dopamine becomes damaged, leading to a state of constant, severe depression. This can become so extreme that when the individual is in this state they no longer want to live. A life of loss becomes preferable to living with that constant pain.

This is why people continue to use drugs that are destroying them...because in a very real sense, the drug has ALREADY destroyed them.

Drugs allow you to escape. From what? From yourself. From boredom.

Meth is most addictive when smoked. The process of smoking it is extremely addicting. Much more so than other methods. Once you start smoking it all you want to do is smoke it.

Injecting is even more addictive. Same with cocaine and basically any drug.

Everyone that uses it knows what they are loosing and lost. But it extremely difficult to quit. Even if you go to rehab
You will get off them but 99% of the time they all relaps
Exactly. Quitting long-term is the hard part...and NOT just making it through the acute withdrawal. If getting through a few days or weeks of suffering was all it took to revert back to normal, most people would suffer through it, but it doesn't work that way.

Long-term dopamine deficiency leading to severe depression eventually brings most back to the drug. Being sober isn't worth it to them. They figure "I would rather use drugs and feel good part of the time, than be sober and feel miserable all of the time".

It can take YEARS to recover dopamine to pre-drug levels...and in some cases, they never go all the back to normal. If someone can make it through 2 years of being clean, they have a good chance, but the battle never really ends.

i have RLS
^^^HIGH Prolactin

..get your prolactin checked

gets activated by benadryl and trazodone
^^^this makes sense & suggests again, HIGH Prolactin

►Both Benadryl (diphenhydramine) & Trazodone lower Dopamine (..& other neurotransmitters)
^^^so it only makes sense that they would "trigger" your RLS

HIGH Prolactin → Lowers Dopamine → causes RLS

not a fun way to spend a night
^^^PRAMI ..or CABER to the rescue (..maybe a "Mr Bubbles" bath too)

^^^Greg is such a self serving dish-rag

..so obvious he just makes these vids for the hits ..but i digress

i HATE uppers. hate hate hate.... i dont drink coffee cuz makes me feel crazy.
back when eca stack was the thing i couldnt handle it. the ephedra would make me grind my teeth!
needless to say i think meth would make me wanna jump out a window

its super sad to see a guy just fall apart.
cant make most of this stuff up... no one would believe it but its happening... wild.

Exactly. Quitting long-term is the hard part...and NOT just making it through the acute withdrawal. If getting through a few days or weeks of suffering was all it took to revert back to normal, most people would suffer through it, but it doesn't work that way.

Long-term dopamine deficiency leading to severe depression eventually brings most back to the drug. Being sober isn't worth it to them. They figure "I would rather use drugs and feel good part of the time, than be sober and feel miserable all of the time".

It can take YEARS to recover dopamine to pre-drug levels...and in some cases, they never go all the back to normal. If someone can make it through 2 years of being clean, they have a good chance, but the battle never really ends.
It can take years? Are there any options to help in the meantime or is it antidepressants…etc?

You are 💯 correct brother

It can take years? Are there any options to help in the meantime or is it antidepressants…etc?
Throwing more drugs at it of course. Not recreational ones, but Rx’d SSRI’s, Lithium, Xanax, you get the picture.

Therapy, group sessions. Some people when they’re at the very bottom need something to cling to for hope. Something more meaningful and a higher purpose. That’s where AA comes into play. Basically God is the way out. The religion aspect of AA definitely ain’t my bag, but it works for the folks that do believe.

Surround yourself with people that DON’T live in that lifestyle. Utilize friends & family for support if you haven’t burned those bridges yet.

It all boils down to the person themselves. They gotta be 100% on board with getting sober. Still a tough road to travel!

Cage

Throwing more drugs at it of course. Not recreational ones, but Rx’d SSRI’s, Lithium, Xanax, you get the picture.

Therapy, group sessions. Some people when they’re at the very bottom need something to cling to for hope. Something more meaningful and a higher purpose. That’s where AA comes into play. Basically God is the way out. The religion aspect of AA definitely ain’t my bag, but it works for the folks that do believe.

Surround yourself with people that DON’T live in that lifestyle. Utilize friends & family for support if you haven’t burned those bridges yet.

It all boils down to the person themselves. They gotta be 100% on board with getting sober. Still a tough road to travel!

Cage

After my struggles, this is really the truth. AA works for a lot of people, but it was just wasting time, for me.

This is going to sound kinda nerdy, but what worked best for me was connecting back with mother nature. My times with drunkenness were strongly correlated with over work in an artificial environment. Considering my upbringing, this was completely out of my whelm of understanding.

Reconnecting with Nature was my catalyst into growing into a better human.

Australia's Mr Universe is 'awake and recovering' after he 'jumped out of a second storey window' at his home in Melbourne

An Australian bodybuilder and former Mr Universe who reportedly jumped from a second storey window is on the road to recovery.

Callum von Moger, 31, a three-time World Fitness Federation 'Mr Universe' winner and actor who once played Arnold Schwarzenegger in a film - was in an induced coma having undergone surgery after the incident last Friday.

'Calum is awake and recovering in hospital after surgery, he is surrounded by family and friends who are supporting him through this,' a friend told The Sun on Monday.

In a recent social media video he said he had 'messed up bad many times' and another featured a bizarre clip of him behind the wheel of his car with a parrot on his shoulder, saying 'catch ya later... alligator'.

In the days before the incident, Moger shared a series of pictures and videos of himself vaping in a hi-vis singlet, behind the wheel of a car with his pet parrot Ronnie on his shoulder.

57660733-10803605-image-a-2_1652232713042.jpg

Moger, who has been living between Australia and Los Angeles, California, also shared a screenshot of a warning from Instagram that one of his posts had been removed as it was against community guidelines, and another showing the driving route between the cities of Melbourne and Darwin.

Several friends have claimed Moger was under the influence of drugs at the time of the fall, but this has not been confirmed.

It's understood he suffered many cuts after falling through the window.

Fellow bodybuilder and Youtuber Nick Trigilli said Moger was in a 'rough spot' at the time of the incident.

Moger had reportedly been kicked out of his family's home in Australia in recent times.

'I hope this is rock bottom for him and he can get his life back,' Trigilli said.

The bodybuilder last week wrote on Instagram: 'Everyone has a past. We've all been through hard times. I admit, I messed up bad many times.

'But I don't care about dwelling on negative thoughts of the past. All I care about is that I learn from my mistakes and become a better person.

'I'm trying my hardest to stay strong but I have my days too.'

The Australian's first acting gig was in 2017 for the film Generation Iron 2, but he's best known for his portrayal of a young Arnold Schwarzenegger in the 2018 movie Bigger.

The film was based on Joe and Ben Weider, the two brothers who co-founded the International Federation of BodyBuilders and put the sport on the map.

Moger then released his own documentary titled Calum von Moger: Unbroken on Netflix in 2019.

The film detailed Moger's rise through the bodybuilding ranks to a point where he was dubbed 'Arnold 2.0' and how that came crashing down following a significant knee and bicep injury while abseiling.

'I was pretty broken - pretty heartbroken,' he said upon reflecting on his injury.

In the same year he nearly lost his home due to devastating fires in California.

'This year was the most challenging, I had these terrible injuries, the house, the fires, so many things that are trying to knock me off my feet - it's either going to make ya or break ya,' he said.

The documentary also gave an insight into his childhood growing up on a farm in central Victoria with five siblings.

He said his love for bodybuilding started at the age of 14 when he and his brother found some old, rusty dumbbells at a warehouse to use.

He quickly rose to fame when he started uploading videos of his physique and training online, with Moger now having more than 3 million Instagram followers.

Moger had tried a handful of professions before pursuing bodybuilding full time, such as lifesaving, landscaping, touring adventure groups, skippering yachts and the army.

When Australia was devastated by bushfires in 2019/2020, Moger launched a GoFundMe and raised more than $40,000 for the Wildlife Conservancy Fund.

'Even if you don't live in Australia, your contribution to this cause will mean so much to me, my friends and family,' he wrote.

'This is the sad reality of Australia in 2020. Any help is appreciated and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.'

Tributes have poured in for the 31-year-old after the news of his injury broke.

'Praying for you man. You were my first inspiration with fitness and I'm hoping you get through these hard times,' one wrote.

Another fan said the reason they ever picked up a dumbbell was because of the Aussie.

Moger had moved to the US in 2014 to expand his career but returned home to Australia in November last year.

In March this year the 31-year-old was charged with affray, criminal injury and possession of drugs, including cannabis, ice and testosterone.

The case was adjourned to May 26.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner