over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

So damn sore...

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Registered
I have been sore times in my life.. been at this 40 years.. I have had quads so miserable I screamed trying to sit on the toilet for the morning Dookie. I've had triceps so sore I couldn't train chest for over a week. I've had calves so bad I called into work. So I've been there..

But the last two days have topped them all. So LATS you ask, what did you do that caused this new tortured pain so great that ibuprofen coukdnt touch it. ? So sore I literally have moaned out loud while watching cartoons because I didn't want to move to get the remote.

Was it squats.. nay.. was it deadlifts? .. nope.. did you do giant sets? Descending sets ? Rest pause?.. nope to all.. so what was it ???

WRIST CURLS...

Yep the dreaded wrist curl . I did bis and tris Friday. I never do forearms except for hammer curls. I never use wrist straps so my forearms always get a good workout.. they grow very easily.. so I've never ever trained them.. but I was bored.. so I plopped my ass down on a bench. Took a 35 pound dumbell.. and did a measly 3 sets of 20 wrist curls.. wasn't strenuous.. got a good pump.. showed my wife my beautiful veins and glories in my Popeye forearms..

Saturday I woke up to a twinge of soreness in the belly of the forearm.. felt good.. I was off training that day so i just relaxed. Saturday night I noticed the soreness escalating all the way to the wrist. But figure that was the height of it. Livable..

Oh.. but the tale doesn't end there. 3 45 am I wake up.. I dont know why.. but as I slowly gain consciousness I feel a throbbing pain in my forearms. I get out of bed.. move my wrists around.. it seems to diminish. I make my way to the bathroom and attempt to pull my little Irishman out of my Hanes and actually mumble " F%$#&" loud enough for my wife to ask what's wrong . I said " my frickin forearms are sore as hell..I can barely get my underwear off".. she laughs.. I think briefly I fell out of love and thought I coukd do a better job than oj. But it was brief..

All day Sunday I did my best to keep the arm movement to a minimum.. eating ? I almost cried.. working my belt? I tinkled a little. Tying my shoe.. nope.. flip flops. Tried to do a chest workout. No go.. its too the point I feel the town shoukd have a telethon for me. 😔

Today.. I tried stretching them.. lapsed briefly into a dream sequence.. I am typing using one thumb and am still tearing up..😢

One again gentleman...WRIST CURLS..😳

Same thing happened to me when I first got high speed internet
Well I'm Irish so I only have to use my index finger and thumb.. so.....

Well I'm Irish so I only have to use my index finger and thumb.. so.....
In all seriousness, I started doing rack pulls for reps last Tuesday after heavy squats..it’s the first time in years my grip gave out in forever..my forearm’s were dead..but the next day they were fine

I have been sore times in my life.. been at this 40 years.. I have had quads so miserable I screamed trying to sit on the toilet for the morning Dookie. I've had triceps so sore I couldn't train chest for over a week. I've had calves so bad I called into work. So I've been there..

But the last two days have topped them all. So LATS you ask, what did you do that caused this new tortured pain so great that ibuprofen coukdnt touch it. ? So sore I literally have moaned out loud while watching cartoons because I didn't want to move to get the remote.

Was it squats.. nay.. was it deadlifts? .. nope.. did you do giant sets? Descending sets ? Rest pause?.. nope to all.. so what was it ???

WRIST CURLS...

Yep the dreaded wrist curl . I did bis and tris Friday. I never do forearms except for hammer curls. I never use wrist straps so my forearms always get a good workout.. they grow very easily.. so I've never ever trained them.. but I was bored.. so I plopped my ass down on a bench. Took a 35 pound dumbell.. and did a measly 3 sets of 20 wrist curls.. wasn't strenuous.. got a good pump.. showed my wife my beautiful veins and glories in my Popeye forearms..

Saturday I woke up to a twinge of soreness in the belly of the forearm.. felt good.. I was off training that day so i just relaxed. Saturday night I noticed the soreness escalating all the way to the wrist. But figure that was the height of it. Livable..

Oh.. but the tale doesn't end there. 3 45 am I wake up.. I dont know why.. but as I slowly gain consciousness I feel a throbbing pain in my forearms. I get out of bed.. move my wrists around.. it seems to diminish. I make my way to the bathroom and attempt to pull my little Irishman out of my Hanes and actually mumble " F%$#&" loud enough for my wife to ask what's wrong . I said " my frickin forearms are sore as hell..I can barely get my underwear off".. she laughs.. I think briefly I fell out of love and thought I coukd do a better job than oj. But it was brief..

All day Sunday I did my best to keep the arm movement to a minimum.. eating ? I almost cried.. working my belt? I tinkled a little. Tying my shoe.. nope.. flip flops. Tried to do a chest workout. No go.. its too the point I feel the town shoukd have a telethon for me. 😔

Today.. I tried stretching them.. lapsed briefly into a dream sequence.. I am typing using one thumb and am still tearing up..😢

Wrist curls rock I’ve always done them always had huge forearms but I have to I have small hands. For me the worst isn’t the muscle it’s my hands I can’t feel them especially if I’m on GH my hands just stay numb or numb tingle pain for days but I think jacked forearms are the shit and they show pretty much whatever you’re wearing unless your shirts are custom, like me I’m sure your dress shirts have to be rolled up at the sleeve bc the won’t reach your wrist whether it’s delts or lats that. Abuse this I don’t know. If you go in and do some super light reps with stretching it should help the pain after the fact.

That is awesome. I’ve been at this 40 plus years as well. Brought back fond memories of when I first started. I got into bodybuilding from my dad in the late 80’s. I was a skinny teenager and he was a jacked hardcore bodybuilder. We would work out until I puked and no matter what, I would still muster the strength to train forearms. Why? He called me out on it of course. It was the body part visible the most, lol. Didn’t last long, but I think back and it still cracks me up.

You are the master story teller!

Wrist curls 🤣 I forgot they existed

Haven't had that level of soreness ib forever, but I remember but I remember loving it!

That is awesome. I’ve been at this 40 plus years as well. Brought back fond memories of when I first started. I got into bodybuilding from my dad in the late 80’s. I was a skinny teenager and he was a jacked hardcore bodybuilder. We would work out until I puked and no matter what, I would still muster the strength to train forearms. Why? He called me out on it of course. It was the body part visible the most, lol. Didn’t last long, but I think back and it still cracks me up.
Your dad still around, still lifting? My dad is 70 he exercises but doesn’t lift shot anymore, hasn’t since he was 50, i
Still 7 years shy of 50 I can’t see why he quit training hard.

That's wild man but totally makes sense. You are always a great story teller!

Deep Bulgarian split squats for a "muscle round" set of 6 x 4 with a 10 second break between sets. Absolute hell for days after
Now I need to try this. This is my main move for my legs now that I no longer do any kind of bar squat. Vertical loading of my spine is out other than very light hack squats once in a while. Did you all of your sets in this fashion? Were they weighted or just bodyweight? What I mean is, did you do weighted and then finish off with the "muscle rounds" or all sets were dine in this fashion and was this at the beginning of your leg workout?

Now I need to try this. This is my main move for my legs now that I no longer do any kind of bar squat. Vertical loading of my spine is out other than very light hack squats once in a while. Did you all of your sets in this fashion? Were they weighted or just bodyweight? What I mean is, did you do weighted and then finish off with the "muscle rounds" or all sets were dine in this fashion and was this at the beginning of your leg workout?
Nope, this is just a single finishing "set" at the end of each leg workout. I hold 80lb dumbbells right now. Once the 80s get easier, I'll move to 85s, etc.

WRIST CURLS...

I’ve been there many times with various body parts ( including the forearm flexors), but legs ( quads, hams, and calves) are always the worse for me in terms of painful soreness and cramping post-workout.

Deep Bulgarian split squats for a "muscle round" set of 6 x 4 with a 10 second break between sets. Absolute hell for days after
I call that rest-paused training ( similar to DC training) and its brutal.

I saw this on Chicago Fire... You must have compartment syndrome in your forearms from rhabdomyolysis. Need to perform emergency fasciectomy with box cutter or you will die of crush syndrome!

Damn LATS, sorry to hear that my friend! You had me laughing and cringing. I remember ab work so brutal I could hardly move. In high school, calf work where I was late to most of my classes because I could hardly walk. Also while in high school I was doing a chest workout, one of the gym members I looked up to said, "Have you ever done negatives?" Me, "What are those?" The next week+ was not something I want to ever relive!!

I saw this on Chicago Fire... You must have compartment syndrome in your forearms from rhabdomyolysis. Need to perform emergency fasciectomy with box cutter or you will die of crush syndrome!
Well.. if I get kidney failure from wrist curls I deserve to die. . 😏

• Haha
Reactions: Bio

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420