YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

who is eating fat free greek yogurt and fat free cottage cheese these days?

Those have been staples for me for years. I like the flavor. I save my fat calories for other foods. Getting in enough fat is really not a problem for me, or carbs either for that matter.

Just curious if anyone else is using fat free greek yogurt / fat free cottage cheese in their diet? why or why not?

Ive been craving cottage cheese and greek yogurt lately so ive been doing the below.

Adding 1 serving of cottage cheese w/ Mandarins or pineapple on top of 2 of my current meals a day. Then I do 2 servings of greek yogurt + 1 scoop whey isolate + 200-300g fresh berries (strawberries/ blueberries/black berries/ rasberries) for 1 of my meals of the day.
I just started incorporating F F Greek Yogurt into my meal plan - def makes it more enjoyable - take like 40 or 30 grams with a combo of strawberries and/or grapes and/or black berries - keeping carbs low
Helps to bump up the protein and easy to consume

Glycemic index of 11 on the Fat free greek yogurt - Plan - throw in a stevia - Pretty good !!

I just started incorporating F F Greek Yogurt into my meal plan - def makes it more enjoyable - take like 40 or 30 grams with a combo of strawberries and/or grapes and/or black berries - keeping carbs low
Helps to bump up the protein and easy to consume

Glycemic index of 11 on the Fat free greek yogurt - Plan - throw in a stevia - Pretty good !!
I feel like plain flavor fills me up better lol. If I add flavor I'll be eating it all night.

I feel like plain flavor fills me up better lol. If I add flavor I'll be eating it all night.
and im referring to 30 to 40 grams of fruit

the F F Yogurt will be min 100 - but 170 and 200 common

250+ grams per day for me as well, usually with 1 scoops protein powder. Also mix it with sugar free Jell-O pudding mix, and it's a great quick dessert.

I usually have 1/2-1 cup applesauce with the yogurt, but it varies.

eat an occasional greek yogurt, eat cottage cheese every night but its the 4% fat, cottage cheese is versatile for me, eat it with pb, sometimes throw some almonds and protein powder in it, or if have some left over chicken and veggies i will mix that with it and throw in some almonds.

I go through long periods where I dont have any dairy in my diet at all. I mostly rotate between lean ground beef, chicken breast, egg whites and whey iso. That's it. But i dooo love rotating in some bomb greek yogurt or cottage cheese. Fuckin delicious. Greek yogurt with berries is a bodybuilders ice cream sundae.

I eat fat free oikos tripple zero because it has a little more protein than most, has probiotics, and I can’t digest a lot of fat after having a major bowel resection last year. I’m careful to try and get in as much fat as I can, but from better sources than dairy.

I do but I stick to the full fat for the cottage cheese at least. For the difference of 80 vs 120 calories I think the full fat cottage cheese just tastes so dang much better. For the greek yogurt I buy the bit tubs and often the fat free is mostly what I can find and I don't notice a huge taste difference with the greek yogurt.

I eat one container of Greek yogurt before I go to the gym. I go at 4:30 in the morning when it opens. I need something in my stomach because sleeping all night sometimes I’ll have it with peanut butter and jelly so I eat it about four times a week. No cottage cheese just don’t like it. It looks delicious when I see people eating it with fruit and all that good stuff but I just can’t eat it.

I use some fat free Greek yogurt in my protein shake I make at the house everyday. Why? Because it gets the shake close to 90g of protein and it’s been working for me so far. So why quit?

I gave them both up when i discovered kefir. kefir WAY more nutrient-dense and more efficient for me and many
interesting , I ve never tried Kefir. any recommendations?

I do but I stick to the full fat for the cottage cheese at least. For the difference of 80 vs 120 calories I think the full fat cottage cheese just tastes so dang much better. For the greek yogurt I buy the bit tubs and often the fat free is mostly what I can find and I don't notice a huge taste difference with the greek yogurt.

I am the same. I like most brands of cottage cheese but a higher fat one will usually taste much better for me. Recently I have been having a tub of Longley Farm's Yorkshire cottage cheese (full fat) daily and that tastes amazing. Longley Farm's version is in a 250g tub and works out at 26g protein, 5.5g carbs and 15g fat. For me the opposite applies to greek yoghurt and I prefer the taste of a lower fat version. When I have greek yoghurt I also go through a 500g tub each meal so that would be a massive amount of fat and I would much rather get those fats from different sources. For most full fat versions that would easily be over 40g fat per tub but if I went with something in between like FAGE's 5% then 25g fat but I prefer the 0% version. I like the taste of the 0% version but I also usually squeeze half a lemon into it to add to the flavour then I add berries and some walnuts.

When doing PSMF, I eat FF yogurt and cottage cheese mixed with a little sugar free jello pudding to calm my sweet tooth. Does the trick for me.

I am the same. I like most brands of cottage cheese but a higher fat one will usually taste much better for me. Recently I have been having a tub of Longley Farm's Yorkshire cottage cheese (full fat) daily and that tastes amazing. Longley Farm's version is in a 250g tub and works out at 26g protein, 5.5g carbs and 15g fat. For me the opposite applies to greek yoghurt and I prefer the taste of a lower fat version. When I have greek yoghurt I also go through a 500g tub each meal so that would be a massive amount of fat and I would much rather get those fats from different sources. For most full fat versions that would easily be over 40g fat per tub but if I went with something in between like FAGE's 5% then 25g fat but I prefer the 0% version. I like the taste of the 0% version but I also usually squeeze half a lemon into it to add to the flavour then I add berries and some walnuts.
Same here, anyone with an appetite is going to want a large amount of yogurt so opt for fat free and get the fat from other sources. I highly recommend the light and fit Greek yogurt. Low calorie the taste is great. Add 5 egg white wraps to 12 oz and some strawberries you basically have a zero fat high protein low carb strawberry shortcake.

i eat 2 cups of fat free greek yogurt a day. i will say, it tastes like shit to me and i put either fruit or granola on it to make it good lol

and to note, i am lactose intolerance and greek yogurt is the only dairy that does not wreck my stomach.

i eat 2 cups of fat free greek yogurt a day. i will say, it tastes like shit to me and i put either fruit or granola on it to make it good lol

and to note, i am lactose intolerance and greek yogurt is the only dairy that does not wreck my stomach.

Have you ever tried mixing in some fruit flavoured EAA's with it? Some fat free yoghurts can be hard to mix and if that is the case you can add a tiny amount of water (I use lemon juice) then mix the EAA's in. I also love granola and if anyone is trying to get as big as possible that is a great combo because you will have a high protein, high carb and high fat meal that tastes amazing.

Have you ever tried mixing in some fruit flavoured EAA's with it? Some fat free yoghurts can be hard to mix and if that is the case you can add a tiny amount of water (I use lemon juice) then mix the EAA's in. I also love granola and if anyone is trying to get as big as possible that is a great combo because you will have a high protein, high carb and high fat meal that tastes amazing.
i buy the family size peanut butter granola - love it. i have not tried mixing in EAA's, could be worth a shot.

Well, this thread made me want Greek yogurt with raw honey. The raw honey I bought is creamed. I did a quick search to see if that ruins anything and it said it doesn't. It's still unpasteurized and raw organic. Can those that buy raw honey here confirm? emeric has raved about raw honey more than a few times and I want to make sure I'm getting the benefits.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131