over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cost of meat, fish and high protein sources

We have a company in Canada called Maple Leaf and they have a line of products called Prime. The deal on chicken breasts is two packs for $20 and each pack contains four chicken breasts. Today I found they only have three now and the price is the same đź–•

I'm already in the process of refusing to pay the price for certain things. If I have to add chicken breasts to it, so be it.

I'm curious how the more wealthy people in this thread react to inflation. If you're prepared and wealthy and it doesn't ruin your lifestyle, do you continue to pay without a second thought? Or do you get as outraged as the rest of us and take a stand refusing to buy certain things just on principle?
I would personally call myself wealthy, but Bernie Sanders would look at my finances and categorize me in his “1%” that he criticizes, so I guess I can answer.

The reality is that even with loads of disposable income, I’ve always acted like the broke kid I was years ago. We only own two cars, a Mitsubishi and a Mazda that we bought used. Our monthly overhead for ALL bills is under $3k/month as a family, so im living on a fraction of my take home. No debt burden to speak of at all, I live far below my means.

I organize my finances such that I first attribute a mandatory amount automatically to savings, investments, and speculation (I love crypto). After that, I pay my bills.

Everything after that I do whatever the hell I want with, including buying high dollar food, travel, electronics, whatever.

If I get an abnormally high commission check or bonus, I’ll contribute far more to savings/investments.

My wife doesn’t make as much, but it’s a healthy amount over $100k. I have no idea what she does with her money lol I don’t make her contribute to bills. She doesn’t buy much and still shops for clothes at Ross and TJ Max, I think she just stuffs it into an account for my stepson/her sons college.

I'd rather see a higher price tag than skimpflation. I have mouths to feed and need what I need. When they surreptitiously shave ounces or grams off my purchases, we come up short on our meal planning in terms of volume. I sort of eat separate bc hot dogs and grilled cheese don't really have a place in my diet. But for example, if she plans soup for lunch, it takes 4 cans of Campbells Chunky Soup when we sit down as a family. 2 cans for me, 1 for her, and the girls split 1 (roughly though, as it's all from the same pot). We used to do just fine with 2 cans. That kind of thing pisses me off.

And not just bc of the inconvenience, but because I know there are plenty of families out there that can't afford another can. Let alone two. So they're eating less because companies have to pay their shareholders and execs more. And just bc I am a shareholder and was a company exec doesn't make me the devil. I know there are plenty of families out there eating specifically because of me. That's how I sleep at night. We were taught to always give back and we all do. And we are all active members in our communities.

We have a company in Canada called Maple Leaf and they have a line of products called Prime. The deal on chicken breasts is two packs for $20 and each pack contains four chicken breasts. Today I found they only have three now and the price is the same đź–•

I'm already in the process of refusing to pay the price for certain things. If I have to add chicken breasts to it, so be it.

I'm curious how the more wealthy people in this thread react to inflation. If you're prepared and wealthy and it doesn't ruin your lifestyle, do you continue to pay without a second thought? Or do you get as outraged as the rest of us and take a stand refusing to buy certain things just on principle?

I stream line things

Can't really eat out only if emergency or Friday night and delicious burrito truck down the road $8 burrito and packed full of meat 🤣

I stream line my food list , cut out the fat , items way too high $ or the ones I can do w.o
Buy in bulk when sales or close to sale price.

Even I can buy what I want , I still need to tell the system fuck you ...and cast a no vote by not buying

It’s getting harder to get liquid egg whites. They’re always sold out of the cheaper brands. Today I was forced to get the egg beaters brand for $7.50 a carton when the cheaper versions are $4.50-$5.

I'm not near uber wealthy but certainly enough that I COULD pay, but things like you're talking about, I refuse to buy. Because that's underhanded. I used to be a good sport and buy 32oz Gatorade by the case. Until I noticed one day as I'm drinking one that it's 28oz. They shaved 6 fluid oz off each bottle (that's 72oz per case) and didn't even say a word. Then I started buying only the 10lb powder which makes 18 gallons for less than 25 dollars. Still ridiculous and if I find a suitable cheaper alternative, they're fired completely. And once I'm done with a company that does that, I don't come back.

It sounds like we have the same outlook. Regardless of my wealth, I just can’t pay the price for certain things even if I can afford to and it doesn’t break the bank. It’s the principle of certain items should just not cost what they’re asking for these days. I only eat out once a week and I’m a big burger fan. However, as I may have mentioned in this thread or another, I can’t justify $20 or more for it. I can buy 3 lb of medium ground beef, divvy up 8 oz portions and get 6 patties out of it. Not only will it cost less than one combo dining out, the patty I make is 8 oz and in restaurants it’s 4-6.

I'd rather see a higher price tag than skimpflation. I have mouths to feed and need what I need. When they surreptitiously shave ounces or grams off my purchases, we come up short on our meal planning in terms of volume. I sort of eat separate bc hot dogs and grilled cheese don't really have a place in my diet. But for example, if she plans soup for lunch, it takes 4 cans of Campbells Chunky Soup when we sit down as a family. 2 cans for me, 1 for her, and the girls split 1 (roughly though, as it's all from the same pot). We used to do just fine with 2 cans. That kind of thing pisses me off.

And not just bc of the inconvenience, but because I know there are plenty of families out there that can't afford another can. Let alone two. So they're eating less because companies have to pay their shareholders and execs more. And just bc I am a shareholder and was a company exec doesn't make me the devil. I know there are plenty of families out there eating specifically because of me. That's how I sleep at night. We were taught to always give back and we all do. And we are all active members in our communities.

We agree once again. I would rather the portion or quantity stay the same and the price go up than to see the price remain the same and the quantity go down. The size of certain items is downright pathetic today. Now, when they increase the price and reduce the quantity, I get a whole new level of annoyed.

Little off topic but nog so much I want to create a new one. I just found a product "beef protein isolate" so basically beef protein powder I guess. 97 grams per 100 gr powder. Lot cheaper than whey, anyone know if this is quality source of protein? If so I'll mix it with my whey/cream of rice meals

Little off topic but nog so much I want to create a new one. I just found a product "beef protein isolate" so basically beef protein powder I guess. 97 grams per 100 gr powder. Lot cheaper than whey, anyone know if this is quality source of protein? If so I'll mix it with my whey/cream of rice meals
whey protein of beef is ordinary collagen - same what you would buy gelatin lol

We agree once again. I would rather the portion or quantity stay the same and the price go up than to see the price remain the same and the quantity go down. The size of certain items is downright pathetic today. Now, when they increase the price and reduce the quantity, I get a whole new level of annoyed.
Yeah, it's the deception that irks me. The price/ounce or price/gram or whatever unit of measurement you're using is increasing either way, just say it to my face.

Reduce product quantities but keeping packaging the same is lying, and also likely increasing price/unit more - packaging for some of the stuff we're talking about may cost almost as much as the product itself. By trying to be sneaky and keep packaging sizes the same and just decrease the amount inside, you're charging people for useless aluminum/plastic/cardboard/etc. Just up the damn price.

Conversations like this usually eventually end up somewhere in the "I'm so glad I hunt/garden" or "I need to start hunting/start a garden" area.

I've held off on posting in this thread because the replies are such a mess but here goes.

To my knowledge I'm the only board member who works at a Fortune 100 - a big bank. I see my unit's financials and tons of consumer metrics. Anyone predicting anything more than bad in the short-term is pulling shit out of the air.

Regarding inflation, I think the ideal scenario is quick, aggressive action from the Federal Reserve - but I don't think this will happen. I think it's ideal because a hard landing is better long-term than letting inflation continue to become baked in.

Personally, I do pretty well and have not changed my habits due to all this. I've always looked for sale items, buy one / get one 50% off, I stock up when my favorite things are on sale, I always check the meats that are reduced price because it's their sell by date, etc. My grocery bill is definitely up but with bodybuilding and health a priority what I buy won't change. I used to fill my truck up for $85, last time it was $135. Creatine is through the roof. But this is just another time around the business cycle.

I can remember being 17 and paying ~$1.60 for gas. By my early 20s I didn't think we'd ever see gas that cheap again - but that cycle went around and gas got cheap again. I vividly remember being in college and T. Boone Pickens declaring oil would never drop below $100/barrel again - even the smartest people get it wrong.

Being well-off financially isn't about what you make, it's about what you save. Work hard, always keep increasing your skills so you can earn more, save money, invest what you can, have a little bit of good fortune a few times in your life, and you'll be fine financially. By 'fine' I don't mean not a care in the world but you shouldn't be having to debate between going out for dinner this weekend and putting more gas in your car.

I think some of you in this thread are not looking at matters correctly.

If you buy meat to make your own burgers because you enjoy doing that or because the burgers you make are better, then all good. But is you go through all that to save money in comparison with buying a burger, you got it all wrong. How much is your time and effort worth? Instead of spending the time going to the shops to buy the meat, preparing and cooking the burger, buy the burger and spend that time making more money, improving yourself (physically, spiritually or emotionally) or spending it with those that you love/care about. THAT is much more precious (worth more) than what you save on making the burger yourself.

BTW - "burger" was just a random example.

I've been noticing a trend where some grocery stores and now the vitamin shoppe no longer provide bags...but for a fee you can buy a bag. The twilight zone continues.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws