YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

who is eating fat free greek yogurt and fat free cottage cheese these days?

I'm someone who advocates against dairy. Alternative milk yogurts are a much better choice.
Dairy is known as a weight gainer. For those looking to reduce saturated fats in their diets, reduce sugar (lactose), and reduce cholesterol, ditch the dairy.

Much of dairy contains measurable amounts of pus from the overly lactating cows. Most dairy cows are fed cheaply, and gmo, which goes into milk produced. Even cows not fed exogenous hormones, are producing hormones that go into the dairy based on pregnancy and lactation alone. It can have an affect on human hormones levels. (Hormone imbalance, including erectile dysfunction)

Dairy is also mucous producing. If after eating dairy, your coated mouth needs a water chaser, the mouth is the opening to the digestive track, and will do the same internally. When the digestive track develops a biofilm (from dairy) this can block absorption of nutrients.

There are much better option, and sugar and dairy are the first 2 things I remove from every clients nutrition plan

Faye total 0% yogurt every single day!!!! Me and my oldest daughter actually fight over it sometimes (who eats the last of it..LOL)

Excess calories cause weight gain. We've had to dispel isolated blame multiple times on this board every time someone blames a certain macro or food.
However, this protein is slower digesting, and is more dense of a calorie. All calories do not behave the same way, nor are they as bioavailable. A protein that has components that need broken down like a sugar will not contribute equally, like fish, or chicken. And while eating at a deficit may not produce weight gain, it can affect composition, appearance, and overall health. And then there's varying fat content, digestibility, and the additional sugars commonly added in the form of fruits..
So while eating in a caloric deficit is key to preventing weight gain, do you really think you'll look better and have better health with 1600 calories of oreos or chicken?

I'm someone who advocates against dairy. Alternative milk yogurts are a much better choice.
Dairy is known as a weight gainer. For those looking to reduce saturated fats in their diets, reduce sugar (lactose), and reduce cholesterol, ditch the dairy.

Much of dairy contains measurable amounts of pus from the overly lactating cows. Most dairy cows are fed cheaply, and gmo, which goes into milk produced. Even cows not fed exogenous hormones, are producing hormones that go into the dairy based on pregnancy and lactation alone. It can have an affect on human hormones levels. (Hormone imbalance, including erectile dysfunction)

Dairy is also mucous producing. If after eating dairy, your coated mouth needs a water chaser, the mouth is the opening to the digestive track, and will do the same internally. When the digestive track develops a biofilm (from dairy) this can block absorption of nutrients.

There are much better option, and sugar and dairy are the first 2 things I remove from every clients nutrition plan
34C99859-74F1-4EB4-A039-62DA05F10298.gif

against sugar as in fruit too?

Well, this thread made me want Greek yogurt with raw honey. The raw honey I bought is creamed. I did a quick search to see if that ruins anything and it said it doesn't. It's still unpasteurized and raw organic. Can those that buy raw honey here confirm? emeric has raved about raw honey more than a few times and I want to make sure I'm getting the benefits.
Typically, honey sourced locally, in small batches, sold independently, is not pasteurized. Farmers markets, produce stands, hell, even where I get my eggs sells local raw honey. Raw honey has so many benefits over pasteurized that it is worth seeking out IMO. That way you can get the yogurt you want and the the honey you want, mix them together and walla, you get to have your cake and eat it too.

Love fat free Greek yogurt and cottage cheese with some fruits and maybe some brown sugar.

Typically, honey sourced locally, in small batches, sold independently, is not pasteurized. Farmers markets, produce stands, hell, even where I get my eggs sells local raw honey. Raw honey has so many benefits over pasteurized that it is worth seeking out IMO. That way you can get the yogurt you want and the the honey you want, mix them together and walla, you get to have your cake and eat it too.
I did buy both separately. I'm just wondering if the honey I have is the same. Allegedly the step to making it creamed does not destroy its benefits. It's merely a different state related to crystallization. The jar says raw and unpasteurized.

I did buy both separately. I'm just wondering if the honey I have is the same. Allegedly the step to making it creamed does not destroy its benefits. It's merely a different state related to crystallization. The jar says raw and unpasteurized.
Cool. You are good to go.

I think the process is called homogenization where the honey is perfectly blended in, does not separate. Don’t know how to do it ‘manually’.

People will always like what they like. Theres plenty of supporting information available, even if you don't agree
I mean if something gives people tangible issues then of course it should be removed, i’ve just personally never had an issue with this particular food.

as of late theres been good deals on the fairlife milk so i’ve been consuming quite a bit 😍

I eat fat free oikos tripple zero because it has a little more protein than most, has probiotics, and I can’t digest a lot of fat after having a major bowel resection last year. I’m careful to try and get in as much fat as I can, but from better sources than dairy.
My fave!!

I do... My diet dessert is Greek Yogurt, Cottage cheese, frozen raspberries, vanilla whey protein, sugar-free strawberry jelly, macadamia nuts, and Ezekiel cereal... Yummy

Just curious if anyone else is using fat free greek yogurt / fat free cottage cheese in their diet? why or why not?

Ive been craving cottage cheese and greek yogurt lately so ive been doing the below.

Adding 1 serving of cottage cheese w/ Mandarins or pineapple on top of 2 of my current meals a day. Then I do 2 servings of greek yogurt + 1 scoop whey isolate + 200-300g fresh berries (strawberries/ blueberries/black berries/ rasberries) for 1 of my meals of the day.
Yogurt yes with a dash of honey from my hives. Protein-digestion-immune weapons

In a past you could take milk from cow only in specific times. Years later you can milk them all year round due to demand or rather greed of dairy industry.

In a past you could take milk from cow only in specific times. Years later you can milk them all year round due to demand or rather greed of dairy industry.
The farms i went to in the 60's and 70's were milking their cows all year round as people didn't want milk just in the spring time during calving season. So i am not sure how far back in time one would have to go till milk was only a seasonal product.

ive recently found the Alpro soy joghurt "no sugar" which i really really like taste-wise.
switched out my cottage cheese to this one because i overate on protein anyway and this is an easy way to lower it and get some good fats into diet.
macros are 4g P/0g C/2.3g F per 100g

Dairy always holds water on me with occasional lower abdominal cramps. Hasn't been high on my list for a long time. Granted, the taste is great though. I mostly stick to hard dry cheeses, sour cream, and kefir (all fermented dairy). If I'm going to splurge with yogurt, I'm going all the way with some Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear