over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilding wisdom you've gained over the years

Biggerp73

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
Let's share with each other some of the wisdom we have learned over the years through experience

I'll start

(1) A primary reason I do this is to be sexy and to look sexy naked. If I don't have some semblance of abdominal definition, then WTF am I doing? I'm waisting my time looking fat, when all this time, money, effort, energy, and - health risks -, etc, is supposed to be making me sexy and I'm not. The whole point is to be lean shapely muscle. Anytime I let my diet go either to try to gain size faster or because my will power fails me, I end up looking fat, being depressed, feeling guilty, etc. Doing what I have to in order to stay lean and keep a six pack is priority number one. Size has to come second.

(2) You will never, ever be a truly *big* dude unless you become a truly *strong* dude.

(3) Overeating is fine and good if it's lean proteins and fruits. Overeating on other forms of carbs and high fat/high calorie foods is only going to make you fat.

Let's share with each other some of the wisdom we have learned over the years through experience

I'll start

(1) A primary reason I do this is to be sexy and to look sexy naked. If I don't have some semblance of abdominal definition, then WTF am I doing? I'm waisting my time looking fat, when all this time, money, effort, energy, and - health risks -, etc, is supposed to be making me sexy and I'm not. The whole point is to be lean shapely muscle. Anytime I let my diet go either to try to gain size faster or because my will power fails me, I end up looking fat, being depressed, feeling guilty, etc. Doing what I have to in order to stay lean and keep a six pack is priority number one. Size has to come second.

(2) You will never, ever be a truly *big* dude unless you become a truly *strong* dude.

(3) Overeating is fine and good if it's lean proteins and fruits. Overeating on other forms of carbs and high fat/high calorie foods is only going to make you fat.

Agree with number 1. Don't chase the scale, don't try to be the biggest guy in the gym but have the best total package, stay lean (for me lean is under 9 I have wide hips I cant look decent at 10,11 percent) year round, look athletic and healthy even though im not athletic, do cardio. A select few can get huge and look good but alot of guys are walking around just too fat.

Number two, agree. If your not getting stronger on the key exercises, your not going to get bigger. And unless your totally maxed out, no reason not to gain strength on a diet too.

Number three, at the end of the day calories in vs calories out are what matters. But dense nutrient rich food with an emphasis on protein is always better. I don't think constantly eating 6k calories is healthy (although I wish I could my appetite has no off switch), but someone eating 2k year round isn't either, metabolism is off. Extremes are never good in dieting (low energy) or over eating (less insulin sensitive, causing yourself to have digestive issues by force feeding).

I'll start

Never reopen a thread that's 14 years old.start a new one

Having started training in the late 80's in the age of the magazine, I have fallen for pretty much every training gimmick along the way. Over time you juts really need to find out what kind of training (and exercises) work for YOU and your body structure, limbs, etc.

I wish I would have done more volume training earlier. I'd probably have better feeling joints these days.

Phil Hernon - eat only when HUNGRY
If your not hungry? Find out why.

Nothing is more important than consistency.

Bulking is bad idea when your knees killing you 😁 (my experience from my latest bulk approach)

Don't care about what others think when lifting - do what you believe will works regardless of weight or form changes.

You have to eat the right foods

If your not true to your teeth, they will be false to you 😬

Phil Hernon - eat only when HUNGRY
If your not hungry? Find out why.
What about people like Brett Wilkin or Hunter Labrada (especially hunter) his appetite is so much of an issue he blends literally all of his meals, more than half of them being whey and rice krispies

What about people like Brett Wilkin or Hunter Labrada (especially hunter) his appetite is so much of an issue he blends literally all of his meals, more than half of them being whey and rice krispies
hunter or brett themselves destroy their digestion, e.g. by not eating vegetables, so their body does not have the necessary amount of fiber to digest all these kcal and instead of fixing the problem, they only make it worse - then it is not surprising that they end their careers earlier because of such stupid behavior simply spoils their health

hunter or brett themselves destroy their digestion, e.g. by not eating vegetables, so their body does not have the necessary amount of fiber to digest all these kcal and instead of fixing the problem, they only make it worse - then it is not surprising that they end their careers earlier because of such stupid behavior simply spoils their health
Which vegetables do you usually eat?

I must say I have a limited vegetable intake as well. Some tomatoes, carrots and bell peppers but that’s about it tbh. I do eat a good amount of fruit though.

1. Sooner or later you will have to think more about your health, or there will not be a later in life.

2. Don't believe someone who is selling you products who have their own studies and not outside unbiased studies that are not selling that product.

3. BigA nailed it, it is about consistency.

4. There is no secret steroid cycle from Pros. Some just take bigger amounts plus genetics. Stop looking for that magic unicorn.

5. If it isn't broke, no need to fix it.

6. Test works, with GH better, include insulin to that and the best combination. If you don't compete, take the minimum amount to grow, eat good and train harder.

7. Too many people believe gurus and not listen to what has been working for them. Question something that doesn't sound right, I don't care what name they have.

8. Everyone is a guru or personal trainer on social media nowadays. Only 5% actually know what they are doing.

9. Most people don't track calories and macros and wonder why they don't grow. I can tell you what I ate a few years ago. Apps make that easy and takes little time. Don't guess at what you eat.

10. MODs don't have boring lives, lash out in anger and take their problems out on you, nor do we hate people. We are honor to have this position and just want everyone to get along. We are actually good guys. 🙂

Which vegetables do you usually eat?

I must say I have a limited vegetable intake as well. Some tomatoes, carrots and bell peppers but that’s about it tbh. I do eat a good amount of fruit though.
depending on the season, but now in summer I eat mainly cucumbers, sometimes asparagus (they are expensive so rarely), in winter mainly frozen spinach, cauliflower and broccoli, I also have a lot of fruit in my diet, so I also provide a lot of fiber here

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws