over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Jeff nippard on high frequency

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
After seeing a few threads on Phil Hernon style training I looked a bit to see who else may advocate similar programs. It seems like Eric helms, Jeff nippard, and menno hennselns (sp) are 3 big science guys who use similar splits. So Phil's routine isn't really against evidence based stuff like some may think.

It's a good view and kinda gets to the point without alot of self promotion and nonsense (why I like Jeff)

I'd say the main difference these guys use 2-3 sets where it looks like Phil used one.

After seeing a few threads on Phil Hernon style training I looked a bit to see who else may advocate similar programs. It seems like Eric helms, Jeff nippard, and menno hennselns (sp) are 3 big science guys who use similar splits. So Phil's routine isn't really against evidence based stuff like some may think.

It's a good view and kinda gets to the point without alot of self promotion and nonsense (why I like Jeff)

I'd say the main difference these guys use 2-3 sets where it looks like Phil used one.
Have yet to see a before and after foto.

Any out there? I would love to see them, or even one. (No photoshop allowed.)

The proof is in the ‘puddin.)

Have yet to see a before and after foto.

Any out there? I would love to see them, or even one. (No photoshop allowed.)

The proof is in the ‘puddin.)
This is true. The main reason why I'm hesitant to actually try this method because bro splits and ppl are tried and true. But still interested in in different routines, even to switch things up.

This is true. The main reason why I'm hesitant to actually try this method because bro splits and ppl are tried and true. But still interested in in different routines, even to switch things up.

Hesitant to try a training method? Bro splits and PPL are tried and tested. Training full stop is tried and tested. You are way overthinking this. Just do it for a few weeks and see if you like it. If you don't then simply stop but give it at least a few weeks. Try it with 1 working set per exercise/bodypart and go from there. If that's not enough try 2 sets but I am sure 1 working set (with warm ups) would be more than enough if those working sets are properly done. Perhaps you will prefer 1 for most movements but 2 for back so go with that. The problem some have is they just overthink things. An overthinker will start pondering things like but do you do 1 for rear delts, 1 for lats, 1 for erectors etc. Just keep it simple and change movements each day and train hard. Everything is going to get covered multiple times each week.

Not trying something because not enough have posted about it or it's not accepted by x bodybuilder and you are hesitant to try for yourself is ridiculous imo. It's not like you are contemplating some major life change and it's just a different way of training for a few weeks. The key with training is execution, effort/intensity and falling in a volume/frequency total that you can recover from and you enjoy.

As I am known to say; when in doubt, train harder but train less.

This worked for me when all else failed. That and TRT . . . huge difference,
like night and day. Did not change a thing, just grew, worth at least 10lbs.
Took a bunch more, got too big and lazy, less energy, felt like shite.

But ultimately, it is up you you. You are unique, just like everybody else.

I have used that style of training a few times and have gotten results. But find i plateau or burn out or what ever you want to call it sooner then i do when going all out with other types of training. It is hard for me to keep the number of sets down to a level where i feel everything is being worked without having to much volume to recover by the next day.

Hesitant to try a training method? Bro splits and PPL are tried and tested. Training full stop is tried and tested. You are way overthinking this. Just do it for a few weeks and see if you like it. If you don't then simply stop but give it at least a few weeks. Try it with 1 working set per exercise/bodypart and go from there. If that's not enough try 2 sets but I am sure 1 working set (with warm ups) would be more than enough if those working sets are properly done. Perhaps you will prefer 1 for most movements but 2 for back so go with that. The problem some have is they just overthink things. An overthinker will start pondering things like but do you do 1 for rear delts, 1 for lats, 1 for erectors etc. Just keep it simple and change movements each day and train hard. Everything is going to get covered multiple times each week.

Not trying something because not enough have posted about it or it's not accepted by x bodybuilder and you are hesitant to try for yourself is ridiculous imo. It's not like you are contemplating some major life change and it's just a different way of training for a few weeks. The key with training is execution, effort/intensity and falling in a volume/frequency total that you can recover from and you enjoy.
You are spot on, it's all about intensity and hitting the target muscles with adequate volume and being able to recover...and correct that I do and many others overthink training.

The idea to avoid overthinking is why I'm actually considering this routine ( or the bro split)... because they are extremely simple. Not a training program, but just go in knock out the the sets with intensity no rpe..rir templates etc

Simple training without thinking. IMO the two simplest ways to train are what Phil/Jeff advocate and the bro split...avoid complaining shit...as you said lol

You are spot on, it's all about intensity and hitting the target muscles with adequate volume and being able to recover...and correct that I do and many others overthink training.

The idea to avoid overthinking is why I'm actually considering this routine ( or the bro split)... because they are extremely simple. Not a training program, but just go in knock out the the sets with intensity no rpe..rir templates etc

Simple training without thinking. IMO the two simplest ways to train are what Phil/Jeff advocate and the bro split...avoid complaining shit...as you said lol
There are some programs I've looked into that are way over-complicated by the person presenting it. I signed up with Paul Carter for one of his programs. I'm sure he's a smart guy, but when you read his training and the reasons, and the intricacies of his methods I just don't see the reasoning for all that complication he puts into it. I'm sure his programs work, but so does Phil's, and DC, etc.

There are some programs I've looked into that are way over-complicated by the person presenting it. I signed up with Paul Carter for one of his programs. I'm sure he's a smart guy, but when you read his training and the reasons, and the intricacies of his methods I just don't see the reasoning for all that complication he puts into it. I'm sure his programs work, but so does Phil's, and DC, etc.
I think some of these guys just create programs to be different and get a name for themselves or sell it so they have to overcomplicate it or make it novel and different... which can actually make it innefective. I remember about in 2003 "hypertrophy specific training" was all the rage, super complex no one uses it. Fst7 seems like another, pumping blood into a muscle with a specific number of sets and reps while sipping water or a magical drink between each one.

I think the key is chosing the most simple plan that works and doesn't make you think. Hence why I like bro splits and I'm intrigued by the Phil style, you don't a PDF or spreadsheet to run it.

One part a day, knock iit out, go home.

Full body, 2 sets per part 5-6 days a week, go home.

Complete opposites yet both are beautiful in how simple and flexible they are.

Never had much success with high frequency. Not enough recovery time. Wasn't able to make strength gains and as a result couldn't make size gains.

Mike Mentzer would be turning in his grave
I doubt it 😉

I have talked with and watched Mike train (and Ray) many times and near as I can tell he never trained like he advocated others train. He also has written that he was at his best training multiple sets, 2 on 1 off, repeat.

EVERYTHING WORKS (to a certain extent).

We know this for a fact. We see guys who do 30 sets getting big and strong and weve seen guys do 3 sets a get big and strong.
The trick is finding something that motivates you and makes you excited to go to the gym.

I did Dr. Scotts Fortitude for 2 years, loved it. Much more like Nippards way in. Basically full body 3x a week rotating different rep schemes and structures. Really enjoyed it. But after about 2 years, i got stuck and wasnt "excited" to go attack the gym anymore. Same thing with PPL.
You just have to find something you enjoy and train HARD and you're fine.

I think most of my program choices are driven by DAYS OFF if i'm being honest. I did the whole train 6-7 days a week thing and i just cant do it.
I feel tired and underrecovered. I also feel l need a day mentally away from the gym. Even if its just cardio, I need a day to reset my food. Training days require me to eat A LOT and have 2-3 of those per week fits my lifestyle and motivation much more. After 1 day away from the gym, im readdyyy to attack weights.

We know this for a fact. We see guys who do 30 sets getting big and strong and weve seen guys do 3 sets a get big and strong.
The trick is finding something that motivates you and makes you excited to go to the gym.

I did Dr. Scotts Fortitude for 2 years, loved it. Much more like Nippards way in. Basically full body 3x a week rotating different rep schemes and structures. Really enjoyed it. But after about 2 years, i got stuck and wasnt "excited" to go attack the gym anymore. Same thing with PPL.

I think most of my program choices are driven by DAYS OFF if i'm being honest. I did the whole train 6-7 days a week thing and i just cant do it.
I feel tired and underrecovered. I also feel l need a day mentally away from the gym. Even if its just cardio, I need a day to reset my food. Training days require me to eat A LOT and have 2-3 of those per week fits my lifestyle and motivation much more. After 1 day away from the gym, im readdyyy to attack weights.
Spot on as usual 🤜

I like Layne Norton’s “Data > Feelings” saying as well because…. When guys like these put this information out it’s pretty hard to say “science is wrong.”

In my experience most serious bodybuilders are familiar with DC training and this methodology simply expands upon that so I don’t understand why it isn’t well received.

Personally I’m working toward this type of training and having good results. Have 3 smaller body parts I’m hitting 6 days a week currently and plan to be full body in a couple months.

I think it’s most important to consider systemic fatigue and max recovery volume/effort.
If you don’t understand how to determine those then you won’t be able to optimally transition to high frequency without getting burned out.

Agree, I usually eliminate any program that has me going in the gym less than 5x a week, I'm so used to 5 days in then 2 cardio days. Another pet peeve of Mine, I'm so used to having my routine align with days of the week. 3 on 1 off, 4 on 1 off..I can't get fully behind it.

I feel like more than 15 sets in a workout I'm just going through the motions, I saw on the creeping death 2 template 20+ sets a workout, probably not a good fit for me. I'm so used to 12-15 sets all to failure.

I like Layne Norton’s “Data > Feelings” saying as well because…. When guys like these put this information out it’s pretty hard to say “science is wrong.”

In my experience most serious bodybuilders are familiar with DC training and this methodology simply expands upon that so I don’t understand why it isn’t well received.

Personally I’m working toward this type of training and having good results. Have 3 smaller body parts I’m hitting 6 days a week currently and plan to be full body in a couple months.

I think it’s most important to consider systemic fatigue and max recovery volume/effort.
If you don’t understand how to determine those then you won’t be able to optimally transition to high frequency without getting burned out.
Do you think most guys continue to follow DC training as written or add things to it? I'll see alot of guys who are proponents of DC training but then they are doing specific exercises for the long head of the tricep, rear delts, getting the squeeze really feeling the muscle, exercises you can't really be progressive with in the long run.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131