over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Putting my dog down tomorrow, feels awful :(

Virtuous

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
Hey guys. Sorry to vent in here, but this is the kind of shit you can’t put on Facebook.

A couple years ago I rescued a Belgian Malinois that was scheduled to be put down for behavioral problems. He was a bit of a handful but I was a single dude, so it worked out.

When I moved in with my now-wife, she had a 7 year old, and neither of us felt great about the dog being around him, since he was a bit aggressive towards everyone except me.

I wasn’t going to rehome home the dog, so we planned to just keep him outside, but my parents asked if they could have him (they have land and love dogs, and wanted a watch dog for safety).

It worked out great for about 2 years, but recently he’s gotten more and more aggressive.

Last week my mom was putting him outside, and he just snapped and attacked her. But the shit out of her arm and wrist, she had to go to the ER for stitches. No provocation, she wasn’t hitting or yelling, just telling him to go out.

They’re gonna put him down, and I can’t argue. I can’t take him in knowing he attacked her, not with the kid in the house. I can’t rehome a dog like that either.

Just sucks all around. I’m in a shit mood.

Hey guys. Sorry to vent in here, but this is the kind of shit you can’t put on Facebook.

A couple years ago I rescued a Belgian Malinois that was scheduled to be put down for behavioral problems. He was a bit of a handful but I was a single dude, so it worked out.

When I moved in with my now-wife, she had a 7 year old, and neither of us felt great about the dog being around him, since he was a bit aggressive towards everyone except me.

I wasn’t going to rehome home the dog, so we planned to just keep him outside, but my parents asked if they could have him (they have land and love dogs, and wanted a watch dog for safety).

It worked out great for about 2 years, but recently he’s gotten more and more aggressive.

Last week my mom was putting him outside, and he just snapped and attacked her. But the shit out of her arm and wrist, she had to go to the ER for stitches. No provocation, she wasn’t hitting or yelling, just telling him to go out.

They’re gonna put him down, and I can’t argue. I can’t take him in knowing he attacked her, not with the kid in the house. I can’t rehome a dog like that either.

Sorry to hear that man. My wife and I had to put one of ours down last September(old age) and it sure does suck. Best wishes for you man!

We’ll you have him many more years and that’s good we used those in combat they are monsters. I lost 3 to old age this year. It’s crushing, the best way is to go adopt a puppy for your kid and you to bond with. I LOVE my dogs but if they ever bite family they’ll get a round in the back of the head so you’re making the right/hard choice. Just be happy he got many more years bc of you bro.

We’ll you have him many more years and that’s good we used those in combat they are monsters. I lost 3 to old age this year. It’s crushing, the best way is to go adopt a puppy for your kid and you to bond with. I LOVE my dogs but if they ever bite family they’ll get a round in the back of the head so you’re making the right/hard choice. Just be happy he got many more years bc of you bro.
Yeah man for sure. It sucks but it’s right, and we gave him over 3 years of extra life. I feel good about that. You’re right man, he’s a beast. Amazing animal, just never took to even professional training and now that he’s attacking his owners it’s time.

I’m taking him a giant tomahawk steak right now, gonna take him for a walk with a cigar and a couple beers in the forest one last time.

I just got my 3rd Mal 2 weeks ago. I hate to say this but they aren’t for everyone. I also had a Mal and handler work for me in Iraq and do amazing things hence how I got into working dogs when I got home. With any dog but especially working dogs those behaviors are almost always ingrained by poor or lack of proper training. Some Mals need a heavy hand and others need a gentler approach to not send them right into defense. But they all need training and boundaries and a very clear alpha/pack leader along with a lot of work or purpose for their drive. My female came up the leash at me a lot as a puppy and young dog and I got bit plenty. She learned though and is a sweetheart and lover now for our family. My new male pup is learning he isn’t in charge like he thinks.

I’m sorry for your loss. It’s terrible. My first male died earlier this year and it was crushing. Glad everyone is ok or at least recovering. Maybe a different breed would be best and I hope this doesn’t make your family gun shy about all the benefits of a dog.

I just got my 3rd Mal 2 weeks ago. I hate to say this but they aren’t for everyone. I also had a Mal and handler work for me in Iraq and do amazing things hence how I got into working dogs when I got home. With any dog but especially working dogs those behaviors are almost always ingrained by poor or lack of proper training. Some Mals need a heavy hand and others need a gentler approach to not send them right into defense. But they all need training and boundaries and a very clear alpha/pack leader along with a lot of work or purpose for their drive. My female came up the leash at me a lot as a puppy and young dog and I got bit plenty. She learned though and is a sweetheart and lover now for our family. My new male pup is learning he isn’t in charge like he thinks.

I’m sorry for your loss. It’s terrible. My first male died earlier this year and it was crushing. Glad everyone is ok or at least recovering. Maybe a different breed would be best and I hope this doesn’t make your family gun shy about all the benefits of a dog.
Yeah man I know. It’s rough. If I had gotten him as a puppy it would have been great, but he was already grown and was hfloating from home to home due up behavior problems. I trained him pretty well enough to live with me when we were alone, and my parents did okay with him once I brought the kid into the picture, but the bite he put on my mom was savage. Deep, but the thing that made then choose to put him down is that he wouldn’t release the bite.

She’s a trooper and didn’t complain but it is what it is. They paid a hell of a lot of cash to train him to no avail. Just one of those things.

They’ve got two other dogs they keep separately, as do I, we all love dogs. Not gonna try a breed like this again, heart is breaking over it. Just sat with him for an hour and played like old times, if I was single I’d take him back In a heartbeat and just stay single until he passed.

Sorry about the situation. It sucks. I hope your mom heals up well.

I have an ill cat that will need to be put down sometime too. Its hard being the grim reaper.

Hey brother my sincerest condolences go out to you. Sending positive energy your way.

I have two AKK, 10 and 9...Not looking forward to the day when their book comes to a close:(

Yeah man I know. It’s rough. If I had gotten him as a puppy it would have been great, but he was already grown and was hfloating from home to home due up behavior problems. I trained him pretty well enough to live with me when we were alone, and my parents did okay with him once I brought the kid into the picture, but the bite he put on my mom was savage. Deep, but the thing that made then choose to put him down is that he wouldn’t release the bite.

She’s a trooper and didn’t complain but it is what it is. They paid a hell of a lot of cash to train him to no avail. Just one of those things.

They’ve got two other dogs they keep separately, as do I, we all love dogs. Not gonna try a breed like this again, heart is breaking over it. Just sat with him for an hour and played like old times, if I was single I’d take him back In a heartbeat and just stay single until he passed.
Very good point I had a handler with us in Africa and the dogs save lives well and help us end others but they always need clear defined lines and a strong alpha not saying you’re not just that him saying it’s likely from a previous event is legit bc I woukd get a puppy to be around my son in an instant and woukd never consider a pit or a Rottweiler my current dog is 165 lbs and part wolf and he watches over my son only goes near him when he cries but I am an extremely strong alpha though oddly I use a light touch and mostly non-verbal commands. That said when clients come by the house he’s never aggressive but he immediately sits by the baby blocking any approach until I say it’s ok and we never trained that it just was from day 1. I think if you get a puppy and start there in his memory you’ll still have Al that love to give and no hole as well as a dog to protect your “new” family. I don’t think you did a thing wrong. There were no previous bites or attacks or attempts so you couldn’t see it and sad to say it but thank God it was your mom and not the kid.

You can't adopt bully breeds if you don't have 100% control over the situation. I, personally, have very high confidence in my skills with dogs and still wouldn't adopt one unless it was just a perfect setup. When these dogs are established it's very hard to put them in their place and get them to relearn that they're not the pack leader. People like Cesar Milan can do it, but there are very few gifted like that.
I have a different breed that has VERY high drive in general and was originally bred to fight/catch and she mostly can't even be around retard kids....they simply can't control their energy and act right and she knows it and knows they need taught a lesson. I, however, will never get rid of her for any reason...she knows I'm the leader and has never used teeth on anyone...but I had her from a puppy and would pin her ass if she stepped out of line....something unfortunately your Remington probably never had. Tragic situation :(

You can't adopt bully breeds if you don't have 100% control over the situation. I, personally, have very high confidence in my skills with dogs and still wouldn't adopt one unless it was just a perfect setup. When these dogs are established it's very hard to put them in their place and get them to relearn that they're not the pack leader. People like Cesar Milan can do it, but there are very few gifted like that.
I have a different breed that has VERY high drive in general and was originally bred to fight/catch and she mostly can't even be around retard kids....they simply can't control their energy and act right and she knows it and knows they need taught a lesson. I, however, will never get rid of her for any reason...she knows I'm the leader and has never used teeth on anyone...but I had her from a puppy and would pin her ass if she stepped out of line....something unfortunately your Remington probably never had. Tragic situation :(
Yeah man if I had him from a puppy we’d be okay, but getting him as a full grown.. her respect me, and be good with my parents, but tried to attack any other dog and any other human. Training failed, we still kept it going for years, but attacking my mom made my pops decide it was time. Just shit situation. Mad respect to you and others that train and raise dogs like this.

hey man - been there. I'm here if you want to talk . miss my dawg!
Yeah man I’d like to chat/text if you need time to kill, I know you’re laid up too and I was there myself fresh out of the ER 4 months ago. I know it fucking sucks.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131