High Cholesterol what should I take

I just got my bloods and my bloods done

Chol- 216
Trigs- 120
HDL- 30
LDL- 166

Doc also put me on Crestor.

See how it goes.
Wow what a huge swing. What did you change between the second blood work and the third blood work?

Due to a higher calcium score the normal recently the cardio Dr. wanted to put me on a statin. Even though he had never seen any blood work. My last blood work which was in the range that it always is was
Total Chol 135
HDL 49
LDL 75
VLDL 11

I am a bit dubious about statins, especially with those numbers.

Good luck with your approach. I stopped for 10 years and started back up in my late 40s looking to restore some lost vigor as I aged. It took a while for my hormones to come back but everything came back and I went on to continue to be in shape and did martial arts through the whole decade at a pretty high level. So steroids are good and well but not necessary. Now I'm hooked back in but mostly to improve quality of life as my natural hormones dropped off due to age.
I can understand the battle.

Currently under my doctors supervision for TRT.

The recent deaths are what really made me reevaluate what is and should be important in my life.

I have downsized a lot but I’m lean and I have to be mentally strong and secure enough to say this look is plenty. I am not the young bull walking into the room getting all the attention. That was hard to swallow. I do not get random people looking at me, checking me out, strangers asking about working out.

My wife, I’ve never loved something/ a person this much. If my life were to end prematurely over steroid use and I couldn’t be with her. Or she’s now alone taking on life with out her partner. That’s selfish. I want to be with her as long as I can. My family and kids need me around.
I have to make smart decisions because it’s not just me anymore.

H
Due to a higher calcium score the normal recently the cardio Dr. wanted to put me on a statin. Even though he had never seen any blood work. My last blood work which was in the range that it always is was
Total Chol 135
HDL 49
LDL 75
VLDL 11

How high was the score? Reduce inflammation as much as possible through diet. That is the real culprit.

For those who don't want statins, red rice yeast has similar side effects.

H

How high was the score? Reduce inflammation as much as possible through diet. That is the real culprit.
660. My diet has always been pretty healthy other then 300+ grams of protein for many years lots of veggies. Low to no processed foods. My c-reactive protein has always tested in the lower part of the range. BP is good 111/64 this morning like normal.

W
660. My diet has always been pretty healthy other then 300+ grams of protein for many years lots of veggies. Low to no processed foods. My c-reactive protein has always tested in the lower part of the range. BP is good 111/64 this morning like normal.
Woe that is rough if it's the Agatstron units.

Total Chol 135
HDL 49
LDL 75
VLDL 11

I'm sure your cardiologist will do follow-up testing. Any test has a false positive rate. Not saying it is but that's what follow-up tests can rule in or out.

Your lipids numbers are excellent. I'm guessing your Trigs were good as well.

A couple thing I would do personally.

-Have your Dr. get you in for a CT angiogram with contrast.

-Get APO B test and NMR particle test.

-Look into EDTA chelation with a MD that specializing in this. (as it can be a bit harsh on kidneys). But will remove some of the calcification.

W

Woe that is rough if it's the Agatstron units.
Yes those are the units of measure. Puts me in the 91st percentile. My evection fraction was 60-65. Stress test i a few weeks but i am not expecting bad news as i have no symptoms and have done cardio or various types and/or HIIT for most of my life. I am guessing i will be transferring to a different cardiologist after the initial testing as the the rapport seems less then desirable after our first meeting. He wanted to prescribe stains without having any blood work to look at. I am less then confident with him.
Your lipids numbers are excellent. I'm guessing your Trigs were good as well.

A couple thing I would do personally.

-Have your Dr. get you in for a CT angiogram with contrast.

-Get APO B test and NMR particle test.

-Look into EDTA chelation with a MD that specializing in this. (as it can be a bit harsh on kidneys). But will remove some of the calcification.
Highest trig ever was 50. I will check into those things. But my present Cardio Dr. seems very old school And seemed less then receptive to input, but i will see.

Yea I posted that comment in a very newbie fashion. I should have mentioned that I'm only consider natural/herbal supplements at the current time as well as listing a few particulars about myself.

Ignorantly I'm unaware of my cholesterol numbers as that wasn't the focus of the doctor visit and foolishly I glossed over that topic. At the moment I can't find the paperwork I was given... things have been hectic. My physician is not placing me on medication yet as she wants to give me the opportunity to get it back down on my own.

I've dealt with multiple injuries/ailments and chronic pain this year. Being out of the gym I just ate frozen dinners all day. High cholesterol has never been an issue or concern in the past. Thus I surmise that the rise in my numbers stems from inactivity, poor diet and stress.

I'm 35. High cholesterol does run in my fathers side of the family. I do not blast per se as I've never gone above 800 mg of test or 600 mg of deca or eq.
I believe I'm fairly reasonable when it comes to gear and the only issue I've had is elevated BP when taking anadrol, of which recedes once I discontinue the drol.

Most things are fine other than the elevated cholesterol as my BP has averaged from 117 to 123 over 76 to 80.

Since posting the message I've starting taking taking high quality krill and fish oil as well as arjuna and citrus bergamot. Slowly increasing "cardio" activity of walking and riding the mechanical recumbent bicycle. I tried the elliptical machine the other day and strangely my knee couldn't handle it. The injures and physical issues I'd mentioned earlier are plantar fasciitis right foot, achilies tendinitis left ankle, patellar tendinitis both knees but worse on the right side and a slipped disc in the lumbar. I've worked through the ankle and foot issue and the back is trending in the right direction. However the knee is really lagging behind. Thankfully I am undertaking physically therapy for both and just received seperate consults so that the back and knees can be treated individually giving more time for therapy on the specific issue.

I wrestled growing up and maintain a good diet is not an issue when I'm able to place the incentive to do i.e gym activity and physical/aesthetic goals. I just fell into despondency when the physical level of pain and the hinderence toward daily activity got really bad.
Of note: I've just started undertaking therapy in the Pain Managment Course to address the effects that chronic pain has on ones mental and emotional state.

It sounds like you know what you need to do and have taken steps to do that so now it will just take time and consistency. Are you taking any pain meds? The herbal supplements should help and just make sure your diet does the same. I would recommend including healthy fats, greens, fruits, vegetables and fibre. Increase your cardio over time, stay hydrated and avoid oral AAS and with all those changes your blood markers will improve very quickly.

Statins impair tendon repair and healing, so that's a no go for me. I would rather die sooner than suffer any more major tendon injuries. For what it's worth Zetia which isn't a statin has lowered my total cholesterol 15% consistently on its own. Statins can get you a 40% reduction. Niacin helps some, but also raises liver enzymes which I don't have wiggle room for.

Statins impair tendon repair and healing, so that's a no go for me. I would rather die sooner than suffer any more major tendon injuries. For what it's worth Zetia which isn't a statin has lowered my total cholesterol 15% consistently on its own. Statins can get you a 40% reduction. Niacin helps some, but also raises liver enzymes which I don't have wiggle room for.

Zetia is the worst drug I have ever taken and that is saying something. Some people use it and experience no side effects but please Google user reviews because nightmare stories are very common. It can help some (especially when used with a statin) and as you stated it's been known to reduce total cholesterol by approx 15% when used alone. However, I do urge people to use it with caution and I think there are much better alternatives out there so I would recommend against it and it's not often I state that.

Cold, fresh Flax oil is medically proven to reduce bad cholesterol in as little as 30days. 1Tb/day.
Also, rethink your carbohydrate intake, switching to fibrous carbs for a while instead of starchy carbs... and do HIIT training, Fasted, at least 3 mornings a week for 20min. Wind sprints on the bike are great for this

Fluvastatin has the least statin side effects in most.
But many insurance companies won't cover it.

For those who don't want statins, red rice yeast has similar side effects.
On my doctors suggestion. Been there, done that. Got the tee shirt.
Zero effect although it made my wallet lighter (the real good stuff is
expensive).

Niacin is said to reduce triglycerides and improve HDL/LDL ratio , don't think its been mentioned
I would not mention it because it did absolutely nothing for me. Non flush or flush.
But good you mentioned it because it might help some people but not me, a sample
size of one.

I started taking Ezetimibe 10mg per day a couple of months ago. Studies show it's safe and effective. Haven't gotten labs yet though. I think all bodybuilders should be taking it for prevention. Haven't found any downsides.

I started taking Ezetimibe 10mg per day a couple of months ago. Studies show it's safe and effective. Haven't gotten labs yet though. I think all bodybuilders should be taking it for prevention. Haven't found any downsides.
How long do you plan to run it?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity