over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The carnivore diet

Never tried it cause I freaking love carbs and carbs love me. Carbs are life etc

But for those who have - did you have any noticable impact in sports performance?

I did try it for a while. As bboy it's basically an elimination diet and even most of the fervent carnivore folks advocate some form of balance at some point. Not all...don't get me wrong...but most. Heck even that Paul Saladino dude who was like the poster boy for carnivore (and is also a physician) has injected (no pun intended) other foods such as fruit, honey, etc with pretty sound rationale as to why long-term or forever strict carnivore may not be great.

My bloodwork looked like dogcrap, even on my standard trt and I really didn't feel great even after weeks and weeks.

I've found a diet centered on beef, red meat, fish with the addition of easily digestable fruits and veggies ie carrots, peppers, pineapple, kiwi, oranges etc. works great as well as things like yellow potatoes, etc. More along the lines of what stan efferding advocates but I also do enjoy apples, nuts, etc. The absolute best I've ever felt and my bloodwork is right now and this was yesterday...

Meal 1
3 whole eggs
4 ounces of steak (from cow we purchased)
1 granny smith apple
8 ounces OJ

Meal 2
3 servings high protein greek yogurt (40 grams protein)
1 servings sea salted pecans
8 ounces pineapple

meal 3
12 ounces of beef (from a local cow we bought)
massive salad (4 cups of spinach/kale mix, onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc)

Meal 4
16 ounces fairlife milk
1 serving beef protein powder
massive pile of fruit
4-8 ounces of beef

I was sending what I ate to someone so thought I'd just share :)

I was strict carnivore, keto, etc. done it all...but I just keep coming back to some level of balance....

Never tried it cause I freaking love carbs and carbs love me. Carbs are life etc

But for those who have - did you have any noticable impact in sports performance?
I just never felt 100%. Not terrible but I felt better on keto with a lot of greens vs being on pure carnivore. I added a lot of organ meat as well thinking many that do carnivore only eat muscle meat and that causes their issues.

I did try it for a while. As bboy it's basically an elimination diet and even most of the fervent carnivore folks advocate some form of balance at some point. Not all...don't get me wrong...but most. Heck even that Paul Saladino dude who was like the poster boy for carnivore (and is also a physician) has injected (no pun intended) other foods such as fruit, honey, etc with pretty sound rationale as to why long-term or forever strict carnivore may not be great.

My bloodwork looked like dogcrap, even on my standard trt and I really didn't feel great even after weeks and weeks.

I've found a diet centered on beef, red meat, fish with the addition of easily digestable fruits and veggies ie carrots, peppers, pineapple, kiwi, oranges etc. works great as well as things like yellow potatoes, etc. More along the lines of what stan efferding advocates but I also do enjoy apples, nuts, etc. The absolute best I've ever felt and my bloodwork is right now and this was yesterday...

Meal 1
3 whole eggs
1 granny smith apple
8 ounces OJ

Meal 2
8 ounces pineapple

meal 3

Meal 4
16 ounces fairlife milk
massive pile of fruit
4-8 ounces of beef

I was strict carnivore, keto, etc. done it all...but I just keep coming back to some level of balance....
This is close to what I do. Trying to cut back on carbs after seeing how many go low carb here

Currently

Meal 1 pre. ... turkey+ fruit
Meal 2 post. Lean beef + fruit
Meal 3 omelette
Meal 4 casien pudding (cottage cheese, almond milk, egg life wraps thrown in)

Off days take out the fruit, add some fat in there. Considering making the last meal lean ground beef but that pudding fills me up until mid day the next day so works well for my intermittent fasting.

For me it was great once you get used to being in keto. I had a long list of ailments that I just chocked up to being older went away almost immediately. I'm a lifelong migraine sufferer and those were gone D1. Severe GERD gone in a week. Candida gone in about 2 weeks. Acne gone.

As far as recomp goes, I lost 40# over maybe 6 months and I got in the best shape of my life at 54. After about 2 years I've added a small amount of carbs via fruits and vegetables. To me one of the benefits is the lack of blood sugar swings and hunger pangs. I was NEVER hungry on carnivore but I do get hungry now since adding some carbs back. This usually only happens if I go over 50g of carbs for the day.

I loved the grocery shopping experience - grab some meat, eggs and butter...done. Cooking and clean up are easy af too.

I did carnivore diet for a while, it's basically an elimination diet, I was having some bad digestive issues and went carnivore for 6 weeks. I then slowly started adding foods back in slowly like veggies to see how my digestion was. It helped clear my digestive problems and figure out what to stay away from.

I find it a very effective way to reset peoples pallet. Take someone who eats total trash for years and give them a baby carrot and they get nothing pleasurable from it taste wise. Have them eat steak and salt for a period of time with only water and black unswt coffee and a that baby carrot tastes like candy after a period of time. I call it a steak cleanse lol.

Low carb diets upregulate cortisol. They can reduce performance in the gym and the bedroom. Low carb = low leptin/low serotonin. I've seen many patients reverse loss of libido by discontinuation of keto/low carb diets. Being flat is another issue you will encounter since glycogen levels will be extremely low.

For the low carb guys , is there anything special about having high enough fat vs protein?

For example if someone eats 400,g protein and 60g fat....would they benefit from switching to 300g protein and about 110g fat?

Not saying anyone needs 400g just using those numbers as an example. Assume in both cases trace carbs.

I have been doing this off and on for years to certain extents.

Steak and eggs twice a day is my go to diet to slim down.

I went pure 100% carnivore for over 6 months beginning of 2020 and it was by far the best I've ever felt in my life.

Felt incredible in every way possible.

I'm likely getting back on that train in a few months.
why did u get off of it if it felt so amazing?

Meal 1
3 whole eggs
1 granny smith apple
8 ounces OJ

Meal 2
8 ounces pineapple

meal 3

Meal 4
16 ounces fairlife milk
massive pile of fruit
4-8 ounces of beef

crazy close to way i eat. i usually just have 1 beef meal the others r chicken or fish.
but hell yeah ^ thats the way to eat! i have milk w almost every meal lol

yeah
Low carb diets upregulate cortisol. They can reduce performance in the gym and the bedroom. Low carb = low leptin/low serotonin. I've seen many patients reverse loss of libido by discontinuation of keto/low carb diets. Being flat is another issue you will encounter since glycogen levels will be extremely low.
i think the lack of glycogen is a real concern.
being flat suuuucks

For the low carb guys , is there anything special about having high enough fat vs protein?

For example if someone eats 400,g protein and 60g fat....would they benefit from switching to 300g protein and about 110g fat?

Not saying anyone needs 400g just using those numbers as an example. Assume in both cases trace carbs.

You feel more satisfied with the meal and have more energy with higher fat. The body doesn't like glyconeogensis. You don't feel great on it.

You feel more satisfied with the meal and have more energy with higher fat. The body doesn't like glyconeogensis. You don't feel great on it.
i think thats where i failed when i went on keto diet.
wasnt eating enough fats at all. i would eventually crack and go eat a bucket of fried chicken.
also, if any of you guys can do carnivore w out constipation good for you. no way i could. i couldnt shit on keto diet.
but funny cuz i tried psyllium husk, metamucil anything to help and it really never did... so the posts about those agents hit home lol

I usually eat meats which are in range 6-14 grams of fat per 100 grams. I am never hungry but if it happening i just will eat half of jar of pb. This happened so far once or twice in 5 months time. Keto diet is good for apetite control.
However once a week I have carb load and then…i just cant stop eat- hunger for more carbs is unreal.

I find it a very effective way to reset peoples pallet. Take someone who eats total trash for years and give them a baby carrot and they get nothing pleasurable from it taste wise. Have them eat steak and salt for a period of time with only water and black unswt coffee and a that baby carrot tastes like candy after a period of time. I call it a steak cleanse lol.
YES ^^^😉

You will have more energy with higher fat, but if your a fat fuck then leave fat lower, if your a lean beast you will definitely need a higher amount of fat in your diet

Thanks for all the replies good stuff. So for a leaner person who did want to track calories at first, maybe 1.5g protein per lb bodyweight and the rest fat?

So for me 185 maintenance of 3k ...280p 208 far? Just looking for a rough guideline to set it up. Honestly I don't think I've ate over 100g fat except for some crazy cheat days

Thanks for all the replies good stuff. So for a leaner person who did want to track calories at first, maybe 1.5g protein per lb bodyweight and the rest fat?

So for me 185 maintenance of 3k ...280p 208 far? Just looking for a rough guideline to set it up. Honestly I don't think I've ate over 100g fat except for some crazy cheat days
If you're like me and like to eat. That's easy with steak and chicken thighs cooked in grass Fed butter. After a month Avocado and greens with olive oil (don't cook with olive oil) would be perfect.

I do it now that I'm older, because I want to be healthier and leaner. It helps a ton with the pain from osteoarthritis in my left shoulder. I do one meal a day usually sometime between 2 and 7pm, usually ribeyes or a pound of ground beef and half a stick of butter, lots of salt, eggs sometimes. Gets rid of a lot of the fluff, bodyfat and water weight. I cheat occasionally and have some junk, but when I do, the pain in my shoulder flares up pretty bad so I dont do it often.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131