over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Economic impact on Shows

marssel

Sponsor / Kilo Club
Registered
Sponsors
Anybody else noticing lm smaller shows with less vendors? What impact do you think it will have come Olympia time? You think the purse will drop this year? It’s a time like no other the quality of physiques are down and athlete divisions are empty like I’ve never seen. Yet the NFL seems fine, though NBA and MLB seem to be feeling it.

Other major league sport athletes are well paid. Bodybuilders, most of them, have to foot the bill for everything. You're either doing it because you truly love it or you're going hard at being a professional. It's expensive to attend a show now, especially if you're interested in pre-judging and the finals!

Other major league sport athletes are well paid. Bodybuilders, most of them, have to foot the bill for everything. You're either doing it because you truly love it or you're going hard at being a professional. It's expensive to attend a show now, especially if you're interested in pre-judging and the finals!
You’re right except not just “now” it’s always been expensive to be involved I mean NOC equals say high school football woukd you pay $50 for the first half and $100 for the second half? Most shows are there now, the last show I attended I was repping a clothing company and my training partner didn’t understand that me getting him a wrist band was getting him in he said I went ahead and took the $125 deal I was like wtf he said yeah 125 all day or 50 now and 100 tonight m. Mind you we used to bitch about paying $25 for prejudging which we thought should be free for people to cheer and build the sport and the finals should cost I mean fuck the vendors pay. That being said everytime I’ve judged I’ve been well taken care of so maybe that’s part of it even the GBO took good care of us judging, I will say I always thought the judges had it easy I didn’t judge til I had competed for about 15 years and judging is very intense or for me it is bc you really want to get it right so judging is hard I don’t know if it qualifies for the nice rooms and meals and after parties but the sport will die back right now if it doesn’t adjust to the economy. Fucking protein $100 a jug and beef up 40% thank God I hunt. The Buffalo I took last year woukd prolly equate to about $10,000 on the store shelf this year.

I do see local shows with a smaller amount of competitors and I'm sure the economy has a bit to do with it as well as some markets have what seems to be a show every other week. The national shows are still bringing them in as everyone who wins a 1st or 2nd locally wants their pro card first time. But, the price of supps and other expenses will keep some people away from competing. Unfortunately, the caliber of "athletes" I've seen competing makes me wonder if they train much or even know how to prep/diet. Gets pretty bad when I look down the judging table and we're all more show ready than the people we're judging.

I do see local shows with a smaller amount of competitors and I'm sure the economy has a bit to do with it as well as some markets have what seems to be a show every other week. The national shows are still bringing them in as everyone who wins a 1st or 2nd locally wants their pro card first time. But, the price of supps and other expenses will keep some people away from competing. Unfortunately, the caliber of "athletes" I've seen competing makes me wonder if they train much or even know how to prep/diet. Gets pretty bad when I look down the judging table and we're all more show ready than the people we're judging.
Yea I’m a GBO judge and that was the case even before this current economy now it’s a lot better but it seems like they should start calling them mens physique shows bc no one has legs these days until you hit big shows or nat level and even then..,

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity