over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Jardiance - Empagliflozin SGLT-2 inhibitor

M@NU

Registered
Hello gentlemen,

Since i still have some breathing issues, especially at night (due to my heart condition, the topic can be found somewhere here on the first few pages)
i have received a new Medication on thursday at my cardiologist.
Called Jardiance, the pharma inside is Empagliflozin and it is from the class of SGLT2 inhibitors.
It was recently approved to be prescribed for heart inufficiency in EU, before that it was only prescribed for type 2 diabetes. It works by several mechanisms, one is
that it removes glucose via urin from the body. However, there also seems to be some processes on the metabolism apart from that because it works pretty good for metabolic syndrome, but experts are unsure about the other mechanisms in detail.

my question:
is someone here using it? what is your experience regarding sides/benefits? Anything i should consider?
Right now i am not feeling too much but it is too early to make any calls since i take it since yesterday morning (1 10mg tab morning with other medication)
i am also using metformin for its health benefits since a while and unsure if i should stop metformin now? (not that i increase the risk for going hypo too much? measured fasting BS today and it was 71, but like i said, second day on jardiance and it still builds up)
The only thing i see is that my combur 5 urine dipsticks (i use them 2 times weekly to make a rough check for protein/blood in urine to judge overtraining/kidney state in addition to my bloodwork) shows massive glucose in urine (which was expected, its the effect of the medication) and that i seem to have a bit less appetite/a bit more bloating eating fibres)

thanks guys, happy to have you here
regards,
Manu

I bought it but havent tried it yet. But will try it anytime soon. How much are you taking?
I have 10mg tabs and am planning to Start with 2,5mg/day.

I bought it but havent tried it yet. But will try it anytime soon. How much are you taking?
I have 10mg tabs and am planning to Start with 2,5mg/day.
i take 10mg in the AM with my other medication.
We start with 10 and might increase to 25mg over time

I used it for a little but it raised my hemoglobin and lowered my uric acid so I quit.

I used it for a little but it raised my hemoglobin and lowered my uric acid so I quit.
probably due to its diuretic effect - maybe you were slightly more dehydrated?
third day this morning.
I am not sure but it seems i lose some fullness. but not sure if adding carbs is the solution since it raises the risk or UTI's with jardiance if i read correctly.
I "believe" i also got better O2 this night. Hope it wasnt a 1-time thing but stays :D

Sorry to bring up and old thread.... But i am using 10mg Jardiance too, it's for bb purpose because Metformin makes me sick as fuck, loose strength, acid reflux, i really feel sick.

It's just one week Jardiance and my body looks drier, i pee also more during the day, and the pee is always pretty clear.

To take you Manu i need to quote all post ahahha.
In the end how was your experience? I think that this drug and Januvia are one of the secrets untold in bb.

Hello gentlemen,

Since i still have some breathing issues, especially at night (due to my heart condition, the topic can be found somewhere here on the first few pages)
i have received a new Medication on thursday at my cardiologist.
Called Jardiance, the pharma inside is Empagliflozin and it is from the class of SGLT2 inhibitors.
It was recently approved to be prescribed for heart inufficiency in EU, before that it was only prescribed for type 2 diabetes. It works by several mechanisms, one is
that it removes glucose via urin from the body. However, there also seems to be some processes on the metabolism apart from that because it works pretty good for metabolic syndrome, but experts are unsure about the other mechanisms in detail.

my question:
is someone here using it? what is your experience regarding sides/benefits? Anything i should consider?
Right now i am not feeling too much but it is too early to make any calls since i take it since yesterday morning (1 10mg tab morning with other medication)
i am also using metformin for its health benefits since a while and unsure if i should stop metformin now? (not that i increase the risk for going hypo too much? measured fasting BS today and it was 71, but like i said, second day on jardiance and it still builds up)
The only thing i see is that my combur 5 urine dipsticks (i use them 2 times weekly to make a rough check for protein/blood in urine to judge overtraining/kidney state in addition to my bloodwork) shows massive glucose in urine (which was expected, its the effect of the medication) and that i seem to have a bit less appetite/a bit more bloating eating fibres)

thanks guys, happy to have you here
regards,
Manu

hey jaxino,
i am taking 25mg in the meanwhile for my heart insufficiency.
It is a great medication for diabetes and heart insufficiency and is also reno protective.
I think SLGT-2 inhibitors+GLP-1 agonists (or GLP-1+GIP) are the future forces in the pharma industry / health sector.

my experience: yes, you are drier due to its diuretic effects which are qzite strong. The more carbs you eat the more glucose you will pee out.
Hygienic for your "pee-pee" is very important to prevent fungal infections.
You should also not fast too long when you take this medication. When i am fasting 16hours (monday and thursday), i dont take it in the AM but later in the day.
going too long without eating increases chances of acidosis

Sorry to bring up and old thread.... But i am using 10mg Jardiance too, it's for bb purpose because Metformin makes me sick as fuck, loose strength, acid reflux, i really feel sick.

It's just one week Jardiance and my body looks drier, i pee also more during the day, and the pee is always pretty clear.

In the end how was your experience? I think that this drug and Januvia are one of the secrets untold in bb.

hey jaxino,
i am taking 25mg in the meanwhile for my heart insufficiency.
It is a great medication for diabetes and heart insufficiency and is also reno protective.
I think SLGT-2 inhibitors+GLP-1 agonists (or GLP-1+GIP) are the future forces in the pharma industry / health sector.

my experience: yes, you are drier due to its diuretic effects which are qzite strong. The more carbs you eat the more glucose you will pee out.
Hygienic for your "pee-pee" is very important to prevent fungal infections.
You should also not fast too long when you take this medication. When i am fasting 16hours (monday and thursday), i dont take it in the AM but later in the day.
going too long without eating increases chances of acidosis
Great mate! Thanks for the good news!

Maybe i am very unlucky but metformin for me is a complete NONO, so i go for Berberine.

I have Januvia at home, maybe i can stack it with Jardiance..... what do you think?

Soon will restart testing my fasted glucose to see what Jard is doing on me.

HGH is at 6iu ed i am curious at 10iu what will happen!

Great mate! Thanks for the good news!

Maybe i am very unlucky but metformin for me is a complete NONO, so i go for Berberine.

I have Januvia at home, maybe i can stack it with Jardiance..... what do you think?

Soon will restart testing my fasted glucose to see what Jard is doing on me.

HGH is at 6iu ed i am curious at 10iu what will happen!
imo jardiance with hgh is better than januvia or metformin+ hgh
YOu get the blood glucose control + diuretic effects to decrease the water retention

imo jardiance with hgh is better than januvia or metformin+ hgh
YOu get the blood glucose control + diuretic effects to decrease the water retention
Atm i am using half tab so 12,5mg.

Do you think that it will be better to switch for 25mg?

Sorry for the questions but you seem very experienced. :rolleyes:

Don’t know much about this but what are the benefits to bodybuilding from this drug?

Just kidding. I am taking it again.

12.5mg per day (I cut a 25mg in half).

The recent studies are showing this drug is nothing short of amazing for cardiovascular health and even for kidneys. It's also shown excellent lifespan increase in mice too.

I have added this recently along with Acarbose (75mg split in 3 daily doses) and Rapamycin (4mg once a week). Trying to extend my lifespan as long as possible.

Empagliflozin/jardiance (or Canagliflozin) and Acarbose are both far superior to Metformin. It is almost impossible to argue otherwise based on the latest evidence.

I don't even pay attention to Metformin anyone. The fact it didn't show lifespan increase in the Interventions Testing System on it's own and the that it reduces the benefits of exercise is the kiss of death.

Empagliflozin/jardiance (or Canagliflozin) and Acarbose are both far superior to Metformin. It is almost impossible to argue otherwise based on the latest evidence.

I don't even pay attention to Metformin anyone. The fact it didn't show lifespan increase in the Interventions Testing System on it's own and the that it reduces the benefits of exercise is the kiss of death.
no experience with acarbose, will have to read about it since your opinion is usually worth quite a a bit :D
dont forget glp-1 agonists or dual agonists when talking about health forces :)

Jardiance for me was something really new, and i decided to try it because Metformin XR made me really sick.

Thanks for all the Infos you posted. Will look also into acarbose

Jardiance for me was something really new, and i decided to try it because Metformin XR made me really sick.

Thanks for all the Infos you posted. Will look also into acarbose
You can definitely combine jardiance and acarbose

Uk clinicians seem to prefer dapagliflozin with recommended dose for cardiac related being 10mg per day

You can definitely combine jardiance and acarbose

Do you think that bodybuilders use those meds? I am starting thinking that Jardiance is one of the secret of some coaches, and that it's not all about massive doses of HGH and AAS. Well maybe HGH yes 😁

Uk clinicians seem to prefer dapagliflozin with recommended dose for cardiac related being 10mg per day
They're all similar but I'd rather use empagliflozin because it's been studied more for cardiovascular benefits as far as I am aware. In all likelihood, they probably do the same. Same with Canagliflozin.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131